1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

(mod) Sock's Render Distance Extendinator 9000

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Sockmower, Mar 24, 2021.

1. ImmaDonut

ImmaDonut Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Oh I think I just had the wrong impression of what the mod actually did lol. I was kinda distracted and in class so i just downloaded it. I thought it would just perma-load every chunk you went to so you could just see the entire map. Now that I think about that with my entire brain that seems really dumb and unrealistic. So the mod just basically gives you the option to extend your render distance?

2. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Jumla Is best dad. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No, that's not what it does, Optfine is what allows you to extend the render distance.
    This mod saves the chunks you've loaded before, so it auto reloads them when they are in distance.
    By default, even if your render distance is set to 64, Wynncraft will only load in the chunks it has loaded (The 5 or so the server limits you to)

3. SuperPiggeh

SuperPiggeh aaaaaaaaaaaa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Anyone have any idea if Wynntils' chunk caching feature conflicts with this in any way? I'm currently using both and I'm not noticing any conflicts but just want to double check

4. Sockmower

Sockmower Be excellent to each other CMD CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I don't anticipate any clashes, since my mod does the chunk loading in a fairly non-invasive way.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    SuperPiggeh likes this.
  5. Coneter

Coneter Ime Coneter CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yo I love the mod concept. Will you ever upload it to Curse? Can I use it in a modpack?

Thanks!

6. Sockmower

Minecraft:
    idk how curse works lmao so probably not

Coneter likes this.
  7. Moderabo

Moderabo Your Melon lord! CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I have used this mod for the past couple of days and I honestly can't go back to how it was before. Cranking the render distance to 32 and being able to actually see stuff is phenomenal. Though I had some problems installing it. Nothing would save to the misguidedmod-folder. Had to completely reinstall Minecraft and remove all files for it to start working. (Although my .minecraft was bloated with useless leftovers from other mods I used like 2 years ago so it was just good to get a clean slate)

8. Sockmower

Minecraft:
    i should probably bümp this at some point

MlecznyHuxel99 likes this.
  9. SuperPiggeh

SuperPiggeh aaaaaaaaaaaa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Would this work on servers that are not wynncraft?

10. Kmaxi

Kmaxi Well-Known Adventurer Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Doesn't seem to cache anything from me, no folder by the name misguidedmod is created

Edit:
    I was connected to play.wynncraft.net

Edit 2:
    Doesn't seem to load the chunks? I set my render distance to 32 but it doesn't load them in even though I flew through them before I restarted

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  11. Sockmower

Minecraft:
    The mod currently is hardcoded to only work on Wynncraft (See the if statement in MisguidedMod.java:onGameConnected#192). You can easily remove this and compile your own version should you wish.

This is particularly peculiar. Make sure you're connecting to play.wynncraft.com (media servers won't work, for example) and are on 1.12.2 Forge; Is there any useful mod output to the console? Are there any other mods installed that might be conflicting?

12. Kmaxi

Kmaxi Well-Known Adventurer Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Seems to actually work now. Don't know what was wrong before. Great mod! Thanks for making this :D

(Now I just gotta upgrade my pc to be able to handle 64 chunks:salted:)

Sockmower likes this.