1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Dungeons Make the Floor in Corrupted Theorick's Fight all Ice

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by strikeflame5356, May 13, 2022.

?

Do this?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Good idea but...

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. strikeflame5356

strikeflame5356 what do I write here

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why do I want this?
    First of all going over his fight, his first phase is pretty similar to the original Theorick, he has normal ranged attacks and can teleport around, along with his minions who just kinda walk around and occasionally draw your attention away from him, this would be alright for the first phase but for an endgame boss it's obviously a bit underwhelming. That's what the second phase is for, in his second phase he switches to burst fire, where he shoots a shotgun cloud of ice projectiles at you every second or two, normally this is one of the most fun basic attack types to dodge, but somehow this still ends up not being that fun, honestly more underwhelming than the first phase.

I've fought him ~5 times in the last two weeks or so, and by what I can tell he seems to mostly just not do enough damage. I was fighting him on a build with ~50k ehp which is a bit on the tankier side, but I still shouldn't be facetanking multiple burst fires and barely taking damage in a fight where burst fire is meant to be in theory the main source of actual damage from the boss. I think this is because with the current boss the burst fire is a bit too hard to avoid. You're in a pretty small room with about 5 or 6 enemies in it, you have to watch out for all the minions since they can teleport and curse you if you get close to them, watch for Theorick's possible teleporting so it doesn't catch you off guard, and the floor is also a weird mix of terracotta and ice meaning you don't know when your movements will have inertia and when they won't, and having Theorick's burst fire being a very significant threat on top of that makes it a pretty tall order to avoid all of that especially for a main dungeon boss, so to keep it reasonable for a main boss they had to just give him low damage.

For a solution to this let's look at other bosses that use burst fire. Redbeard is another dungeon boss with a burst AI, and if you look at his arena, there's cannons in different places, in addition to a bunch of minions, all of which are things you can use to hide from his burst fire. Psychomancer has a massive arena, and The Beast in prison of souls while in an arena that's even smaller than Theorick's, has another boss with healbot AI that follows it around meaning there's usually a place you can stand where The Enslaved will be between you and The Beast, there's also only those two mobs and no unpredictable ice physics so you can focus more on just avoiding The Beast's attacks, Prison of Souls is meant to be incredibly difficult anyways.
    Now for Theorick let's look at how each class would avoid his burst fire. Archers have range and a lot of walk speed, Assassin's vanish is a pretty fair way of dealing with any ranged enemy, Mage's movement spell is instant and they can even teleport straight through the cloud of projectiles with the right timing, Shamans might have a tricker time but a combination of using both totem and the minions to block projectiles should mean only the occasional bullet will get through which can be healed back with totem heal, which leaves warrior.
    Warrior has a problem, which is that in order to damage the boss you have to get into close range, to do that without facetanking a cloud of projectiles you usually do this thing where you charge simultaneously towards and around the boss so you can continuously circle strafe it while you're going in, this works alright for getting in and then out the majority of the time although not completely reliably, but it won't work at all with an even slightly slow internet speed since with the smallest drop in connection your charge usually becomes sluggishly slow (I usually wouldn't mention internet speeds but my solution fixes this issue too), this means that your way of avoiding the burst fire is unreliable and tricky to pull off correctly the number of times it would take to kill the boss, and it's not like taking one or two bullets isn't a problem the way it was on shaman since warrior can't passively heal at least without items that give healing which many builds don't have.
    But there's an easy solution to this
    In my 5 fights with Theorick I noticed that if I charged while standing on an ice block, rather than slowly lifting me half a block into the air and then hovering me towards where I was facing, it zoomed me about 7 blocks forward instantly. I did this several times and found that it does in fact only happen when you're facing slightly down while standing on an ice block, and that it consistently happens, regardless of internet speed. This means that while on an ice block charge basically becomes a sort of 'dash' spell where it quickly goes forwards rather than being a more deliberated "charge" spell. Dodging the burst fires would obviously be a lot more easy now, just charge to the side at the same pace as his burst fire and you'll be able to reliably avoid pretty much all the projectiles, and get in and out of your own attack range without having to just RRR and pray that you don't facetank something, since now charge is close to being instantaneous.

Right now you have no control over whether it'll do the quick dash or the regular charge since the arena floor is a bunch of randomly placed solid blocks and ice blocks, so if the CT just switched the whole floor to being ice you'd be able to control whether you dash or do the normal charge by looking down at a slight angle or up at a slight angle respectively. Once that's been done you'd be able to increase Corrupted Theorick's damage without worrying about it being too difficult.

Ninja_VK and Mardeknius like this.
  2. Mardeknius

Mardeknius Everybody's favourite narcissist VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If this were slightly shorter, it could totally become a copypasta

but yeah you're right about this - I have a looooong list of critiques about CIB, and the boss being too easy is one of them

3. BlueTheSniper

BlueTheSniper Founder of Blue's Builds CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've opened nearly 200 7/7 forgery chests (that does not include failed attempts) and idek how many more single dungeon runs and I don't think there's much with the boss fight to be honest. I've seen plenty of people with endgame builds die to Corrupted Theorick - including myself with Inferno once. His combination of player moving spells, teleports and shotguns can be deadly.

If there's an awful boss fight it's Corrupted Hashr. Now THAT is a weak ass boss.

4. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Unrelated question, how many mythics you found?

5. BlueTheSniper

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Archangel in my 25th and Oblivion in my 180-something'th

MlecznyHuxel99 likes this.
  6. Mardeknius

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    not to go all hypixel-skywars on you, but if I can beat Corrupted Theorick with fatal hspell on trackpad, then it might actually just be a skill issue. Corrupted Hashr is its own thing (if I remember correctly, @strikeflame5356 is going to flame you on that), but Theorick should be beatable with an Inferno.

7. BlueTheSniper

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I couldn't understand any of that.

8. Mardeknius

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    -I beat Corrupted Theorick using fatal heavyspell on trackpad so it might just be a skill issue
    -Corrupted Hashr is its whole own problem and strikeflame5356 rly likes it and is probably going to get mad at you

9. strikeflame5356

strikeflame5356 what do I write here

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My issue wasn't specifically that he was too easy, it was that in the second phase whether you died to him or not didn't really have much to do with whether you knew what you were doing, his burst fires aren't very practical to dodge with the combination of the weird floor and the small arena, so it's basically just a dps/ehp test, except it's a sloggish and annoying one since he's also teleporting around, you're getting slownessed by the mobs, the floor is once again being weird and annoying. One thing I just didn't realize when I wrote the thread is that I'm fairly sure his burst fire has a much larger radius than what The Beast for example has, which is a pretty big problem since sometimes his burst fire is covering most of the arena which is basically an unavoidable attack.
    I do not know how you died to him with an Inferno build but I do agree that his use of push and teleport together with burst fire is bordering on complete BS with the number of times you're expected to avoid it, an individual burst fire from halfway across the arena post-push/teleport has never done much damage in my experience but it'd probably build up over time especially if you're trying to nopot the boss.

Also yeah people criticizing corrupted Hashr hurts me, I agree it's a bit too easy especially for archers since any melee boss in a big arena is a cakewalk on archer, and his 3rd phase has way too little health, but if he doesn't die right away it's kind of awesome watching him charge towards you and spam 20 multihits. I wish they'd switch the health bars for phase 2 and 3 so 2 would be short and 3 would be the majority of the fight but this isn't a corrupted Hashr discussion thread so I'll shut up about it now.