Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Loot Quality Dilemma

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Smelly_Possum, Jul 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smelly_Possum

Smelly_Possum Travelled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I have a dilemma on my hands.

I have been struggling for ways to get money in wynncraft and after scouring the web, I found that lootrunning for mythics seems to be a pretty good method since they sell for a ton. I found that loot quality DRAMATICALLY increases the chances of finding mythics. So I went on the trade market and saw that all of the loot quality gear is REALLY expensive for the amount of money that I have right now where I will be broke if I buy it.

So, finally, we get to my problem.

Will me spending my entire bank account on a loot quality set be worth it or should I just grind professions and craft a set myself. I really appreciate the feedback because I am really stuck on this one. Grinding professions will save me money but just buying them will save me time.

I will be very grateful for any sort of help with this problem.

Thanks!

2. P0ke

P0ke Wynntils Dev CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    grinding professions to the point that you could craft your own loot quality set would take an extremely long time

honestly, if you're short on money and want to get serious about lootrunning, you might as well level a mage - you'll have the best lootrun class at your disposal and quests will give you roughly a stack of le to buy stuff with
    also it should be noted that on a budget, you only have to focus on getting 40lq, because after 40 the effect of any additional lq is significantly diminished to the point it's not really necessary

finally, if you're looking for any other lootrunning resources (or want to take lootrunning seriously), i highly recommend joining the lootrun discord. you can dm me for an invite link

3. Qzphs

Qzphs Unskilled Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    that's an odd conclusion to come to in this day and age. a number of factors has rendered this method significantly less profitable (or even net loss), like world competition, economy deflation and introduction of more boots in the item pool. you should lootrun if you're interested in the mythics themselves (or some other runnable asset); other strategies like diving and leather cap scrapping are probably more effective for raw currency.

you should be able to afford minimally viable lq with around 20le. if you can't even afford that right now, you suck just tough it out with no special gear until you can. in any case, do not consider levelling professions yourself. it will take far too long and could prove to be even more monetarily costly.

donda biblioteca likes this.
  4. P0ke

Minecraft:
    none of this is true in the slightest lmao

Ninja_VK likes this.
  5. Smelly_Possum

Smelly_Possum Travelled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Thanks for the tips, I have heard of leather cap scrapping from a friend but I don't really know what it is, but I have never heard of diving. What is it?

6. Qzphs

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    coral reef east of selchar

7. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    diving is when you go to seavale reef and collect items there to later sell at selchar, although it’s ineffective compared with other money-making methods

leather cap scrapping is when you go to ragni and buy leather helms to scrap at the blacksmith to be sold at the trade market, although scrap prices tend to change sometimes

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  8. Qzphs

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    prices rose recently, peaking at 20. might be falling now idk

9. P0ke

Minecraft:
    please, please, do not bother with seavale reef - it is a terrible way of making money, especially compared to lootrunning

Ninja_VK likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.