1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Quests/NPC Locked Out Of Dwarves And Doguns 2.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by EvernmWor, Oct 29, 2019.

1. EvernmWor

EvernmWor Caissop's Apprentice

Now, this isn't your typical lock where I lost the starting quest item, oh no.

It's even weirder.

During the part where you destroy the armory, a series of unfortunate glitches and connection problems coincided and I managed to get out of the armory without completing the section.

The result? I can't get back in the armory and since it was a cutscene with your dwarf friend, I can't reactivate that cutscene. So basically I'm now stuck outside the area without the ability to get back in.

A side-effect of all this is that whenever I log back into my soft-locked character, the game glitches me back to the armory entrance. It's pretty jarring...

Bug1.JPG Bug2.JPG

2. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. QA Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey! Are you able to restart the quest from the beginning?

3. EvernmWor

Nope. The Dogun Chieftain doesn't appear, I can't restart the conference, and Axelus never appears at the armory doors.
    I suspect that the game thinks I am both IN the armory (for the quest book) and OUTSIDE of it (because commands prevent me from returning).

4. EvernmWor

Update (Nov. 7):
    My book now says that Part 3 has started even though Part 2 hasn't concluded.
    Plus, the description for Part 3 is the quest initiator, not stage 2 of the quest.
    Bug3.JPG

5. A Human

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is an unusual issue - did you do anything today or yesterday that could have caused this?

6. EvernmWor

OK, this might need some explaining.
    My glitched soft-lock actually happened a week or two after the Economy Update dropped, so it was a long time ago.
    I actually posted about this issue in the Dwarves and Doguns Bug Report Megathread:
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/megathread-dwarves-and-doguns.242347/page-5#post-2992725
    But the Part 3 quest start thing happened this morning.

As for this thread's timing, I had some personal business outside of Wynncraft shortly after the soft-lock, so I didn't bother with the trouble. I came back this week and remembered my fiasco, so here we are.
    (Personally, I think if they remove the armory barrier preventing entry at the sabotage phase, then everything would be fixed.)

7. A Human

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We are fixing many of the issues with the D&D Questline for the 1.19 update, could you check if the issue persists once the update releases and reply then?

8. EvernmWor

A'ight, this one will provide an update once 1.19 arrives. I guess it's another thing to look forward to for the Silent Expanse. :D