Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Is anybody else getting kicked a lot?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Arbitrary, Sep 29, 2022.

?

Are you experiencing lots of random disconnects?

1. Yes, more than once a day on average

34 vote(s)
    81.0%
  2. No, less than once a day on average

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arbitrary

Arbitrary I like warrior HERO

Minecraft:
    Recently I've been getting kicked a ton while playing wynncraft. Just today alone I was kicked from the server 8 times in only 2 hours, many of the times during raids, losing me a tol rune and my teammates a player. I literally couldn't make it through a single run of li without getting kicked at least 2 or 3 times per run. Is anybody else experiencing this? Is this just a me problem? Should I use a different version? (I'm on 1,19.2 optifine). If I hear that lots of other people are having the same problem It's probably worth submitting a bug report.

2. lemonalade

lemonalade [insert misinformation here] CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've been kicked a couple times (both happened immediately after my quest book updated so I don't know if that's related). Not sure if this related to the connection issues Zeer posted about awhile back

3. Jeshi

Jeshi HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes, but for me its only when i use /hub to try and switch to a different server. Its a 50/50 chance if i get kicked or not.

Which is extremely annoying considering when you log in it automatically queues you into a server, so i have to leave twice just to join the correct world i want to get into if i do get kicked.

4. Arbitrary

Minecraft:
    For me I've always gotten kicked while I was in combat. Though that might not mean much since I'm pretty much always doing combat.

5. ghoti0315

ghoti0315 buff assassin CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    i got kicked when I was using guardian major ID in tna, thats really frustrating and that literally caused my team to die all the fucking time

6. Highmore

Highmore Average player VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Kicked during combat, especially when hitting a ton of mobs at once

7. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i got kicked a few times when i was going into some tna parties through the pfinder which is :skull: for me

8. Lok928

Lok928 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    me too, 4-5 time for 1 run

9. ReachDaBeach24

ReachDaBeach24 Old dog with some new tricks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've had a few. The most annoying one was mid click on an item that would have been great in my build at a good price in the marketplace. Gone when I got back on. Another time I was just starting a slay mini-quest and a double xp bomb was dropped. Reconnected to a world without it. They have been infrequent and usually occur when I am standing around, which I do a lot, leaving the game up while doing other things.

10. Arbitrary

Minecraft:
    I just found this thread on the forums:
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/an-update-about-recent-connection-issues.302672/#post-3560253
    So apparently this issue has been around for awhile, and isn't a problem with me, or even with wynncraft, rather with their contractor. I'm glad that the wynncraft dev team knows about the issue, at least. What I'm confused about is why it started happening so frequently for me all of a sudden. I was doing totally fine, I had only ever been kicked once or twice before, but yesterday, as I stated, I got kicked 8 times in 2 hours. I also haven't been paying too much attention to the kick messages (although I probably should be and will screenshot them from now on) but I never remember seeing anything about a "remote host" in them, which HeyZeer0 mentioned in the thread, rather I got a message about finding extra bytes while reading a packet. I'm not sure if that means that the problem has changed, or if its affecting me differently, or if I'm just interpreting it wrong. I've also noticed that I've only been kicked while I was in parties (This might not mean much since I'm frequently raiding/doing other combat in parties). However, I did test it out for a bit last night, I did one solo run of EO, one solo run of LI, and then one party run of LI, and I got kicked once, in the middle of the party LI run.

11. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I forgot to mention there is one case I have seen pretty often but assumed it was purposeful. That's when connecting initially. Sometimes within a second or two, it will drop back out. I assumed it was something it didn't like about the server after connecting like it being overloaded after all because sometimes I will get dropped back to being in a queue for a different server, but usually at #1.

12. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    It happens exclusively in raids for me, TNA and TCC both do it

13. OriTheSpirit

OriTheSpirit Feesh Time 24/7 CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah i keep getting kicked for something like "possession of duped items and money laundring" without the e

14. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It just happened and I was looking down in the chat and happened to catch a "server went down, being reconnected" message, which of course, disappears within a fraction of a second.

15. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    Apparently, changes have been made to make this less common... HOWEVER, I have just run 2 raids, and both crashed as per usual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.