Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Iron Heart Part 2 Plot Hole?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by IceBear, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceBear

IceBear Ice Bear says hi VIP+

Minecraft:
    So in Iron Heart Part 2, you are given the choice to take the bribe or leave and report the factory to the police and get another reward. Why can't the player get both? All you have to do is take the bribe from Dr. Urelix and then immediately report Dr. Urelix to the detective after doing some creative accounting to hide any ill-gotten funds and now you can get both rewards. Honestly, Dr. Urelix is foolish for even offering a bribe because he would have no guarantee that the player will keep the secret and once the word is out he would have been executed or imprisoned before he could do anything. Also, the player just accepted a massive bribe a bit of deception doesn't seem beyond them at this point and this would even be considered the right thing to do. Is this a plot hole? Is there any good explanation to why the player can't just do this?

2. Raw_Fish

Raw_Fish Wynn enjoyer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    :thonk: :eyes:

3. NamesAreHard

NamesAreHard Mage Enthusiast (She/He/They) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But the game doesn't let me tell the detective if I accept Urelix's bribe, it must be a good idea

ThedumbOX likes this.
  4. aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Pyrect thinks ice bear should talk in third person again. Pyrect likes it when ice bear talks in third person.

5. IceBear

IceBear Ice Bear says hi VIP+

Minecraft:
    Ice Bear still is don't worry.

6. ditsario

ditsario it's always christmas somewhere in the world VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I believe it's implied that the player only takes the bribe as a bonus because they already believe Urelix is right. Theoretically, yes, in real life you could do this, but in-game if you take the bribe the game assumes you support Urelix anyways, so there's no reason to let you also report him afterwards.
    upload_2021-2-25_8-0-22.png
    Urelix doesn't actually think you'd have kept the secret just because of the bribe, he thinks you chose to support him and got the bribe as a bonus, meaning in-game, your character does choose to support him and got the bribe as a bonus, regardless of the possibility that you just wanted the money.
    I'd say it's more of a jungle fever type situation where you and the player character are clearly shown to not be the same person (we all knew Worid was faking it, but the player still believes him) than a plot hole.

7. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Agreed; my character's past moral choices should already show that I always let money dictate what I do, and I'm not above betrayal, lying, theft and murder to get it... the corruption is probably the better choice for the province if we're being honest here.

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  8. ThedumbOX

ThedumbOX I swear I’m straight HERO

Minecraft:
    I think 2 threads in a row is too much for first person, maybe take a break

IceBear likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.