Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Tool Introducing Wynn-Waypoints Project

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Affifindsyou, Nov 19, 2023.

?

Keep working on it?

1. YES

29 vote(s)
    93.5%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Idk, not interested/wont be using it

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Affifindsyou

Affifindsyou Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I am currently working on something and would love to hear your opinions about it:

It always kinda bothered me that there are so many un-named and unused houses all around the provinces. Everytime I look on the map with wynntils, there are so many unnamed structures which deserve some recognition. So I started creating waypoints, for nearly every structure that is larger or more important than a wagon and gave them names. I created nearly 300 new location names so far and am not even close to beeing finished. The structures all have unique-ish names, but no made up ones. So for example where Sherk lives is now a poi on the wynntils map callled "Sherks Crib" and so on. Unnamed Houses usually have some kind of region name in them aswell.

Doesnt look ht e map very messy afterwards?
    No not really, since you can not only change the zoom where the points fade in in the setting, but also are the Poi's usually far enough apart that It doesnt look too crowded. In towns and cities I only name some major buildings like castles and taverns because yes that would be too much.
    A few questions:

1. Do you guys like the idea and should i keep working on it? Wynntills can easily export waypoints so I can upload them in the future.

2. Should I stick with the more "informative" names like "small swamp house" or should I give them more creative names with maybe some made up names like "Derrendale Farm" ?

3. Another Idea that came into my mind was to creae some kind of Lore around all the structures, so every building creates a little story. Tell me your opinion about it aswell.

4. Should I include gathering spots? For example add fish waypoints where you can get a lot of fish?

I attached an eraly build from last week with a little more than 120 waypoints (didnt count them)
    As far as I know copy the text and then select import from clipboard in you wynntils waypoint menu. If anyone knows if there is a direct waypoint file let me know.

Icons used:
    normal buildings and locations have the normal sign icon
    buildings and areas with some dangerous mobs and higher difficulty have yellow tainted signs
    Friendly camps have a white flag
    Orc camps have a dark green flag
    Lizard camps have a lime flag
    Military outposts/camps have a stone tower icon
    secret discoveries have a star
    lakes have a fish

Made a reddit post about it aswell if you want to discuss it there.

Attached Files:

2. Affifindsyou

Affifindsyou Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Since no one ever replied I will discontinue working on it :( . Around 350 locations are complete, but since its still far from completion, I will stop development and do sth else. (maybe someday I will change my mind but only if somebody is actually interested in the project. until then its personal use only)

3. NeoBern

NeoBern Newbie Adventurer

I appreciate this very much! Super nice!

4. Kieran127

Kieran127 Hello :) how r u doin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Please keep working on it, way points will be amazing to have.

5. Pyro Swarm

Pyro Swarm Travelled Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I agree, waypoints would be super nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.