Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

How would you improve the trade market GUI?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by bolyai, Aug 22, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bolyai

bolyai Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Hello there! I am here with a simple thread.

I am looking to create new, trade market focused changes for Wynntils. As we have never had anything like this before, I would like to ask the community, how would you improve the current GUI design? What would you change? What would you add?

The best ideas will (most likely) be added into the mod in the upcoming updates. Please note that we can only improve on what Wynncraft gives us.

One example would be adding better filters into the items (eg. "Sort by overall rolls %").
    Another example would be adding the option for Wynntils to show who put an item on the TM. Obviously this would be opt-in, and would only work with the mod installed (however this idea needs consultation from the mod team).

I am happy to see any ideas, designs in this thread. I will try to put my favorite ideas in a highlighted part of this thread, or as a poll option.

If you like this idea, please share this within the Wynncraft community. As a developer, I try to maintain a good relation with all communities, so I can develop to "everyone's" delight. However, it is impossible for me to talk to everyone one by one. Thank you in advance.

Highlighted ideas (to be updated):
    • Custom filters in the search results screen. Example: "Walkspeed:>80%" would mean that you get green walk speed items only.
    • Custom sorting options, sort by stats, sort by multiple stats with priorities, etc.
    • Default/Saved filter options
    • "Freeze" main page
    • Music effect when items sell
    • Bookmarked quick search
    • Price filters ("affordable")
    • "Closest to item x" item sorting
    • Show untaxed price
    • Auto refresh or a refresh button for search results
    • Make it possible to search for skill point potions of a specific level, I don't think that there is currently a way to do this.
    • Custom sell screen
    Disclaimer: We are going to comply with anything the Wynn moderation team asks for, even if there is no such written rule at the moment. If the Wynn moderation team has any problem with what we are planning here, let me know on Discord (@kristofbolyai).

Demo:
    ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
  2. ZorbynTheGreat

ZorbynTheGreat Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I'm not sure if it would be possible since I don't really know what information on past sales (not currently in the trade market) is publicly accessible but would be really cool to see some price/demand graphs for searched items. Could way better determine the price to sell your items if you knew the average daily sale volume and average price over time.

3. SirKarl

SirKarl Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I would love to have a search bar in the "Filter items" instead of having to hover over all of the ender pearls to find the modifier you are looking for. Similar to the way you can search for items in the bank.

4. bolyai

Minecraft:
    I would rather do the filtering with the search results. That way, we can add better filters than Wynncraft has. Like the bank and guides have now. Doing "Walkspeed:>80%" would mean that you get green walk speed items only. Much better than the original filters.

luckeyLuuk and Hisiste like this.
  5. antipaste

antipaste Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Add an optional sorting option that allows weighted mythic stats. I used to maintain a github gist with 1+1=3's stats but now that's obsolete. However even setting the weights for a single searched mythic manually would be really helpful.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
    luckeyLuuk, Hisiste and point_line like this.
  6. bolyai

Minecraft:
    basically a "filter" where you could specify stat priority for sorting? "sort: walkspeed, health" would sort by walkspeed, then health, kind of like Wynndata.

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  7. antipaste

antipaste Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I am referring to the "Mythic Stat Order Guide" thread I just can't link it due to account limitations. Stats can be weighted for a new overall score.
    Also even data from Wynntils users would be useful, you have the numbers and I'm sure quite a few if not most endgame users play with wynntils. Or if mods allow it all TM data could be used for stats.

luckeyLuuk and bolyai like this.
  8. CashorCard

CashorCard Apotheosis

Obviously a GUI change to make it look more royal

I kinda want an item data base built in like how the old trade market worked

9. bolyai

Minecraft:
    We need someone to draw the textures :). Otherwise I am happy to add them.

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  10. PigPlays1

PigPlays1 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I don't know how feasible it would be to implement this suggestion but it would be nice to just have a , ''average price of this item across last 7 days'' shown when looking at possible purchases.

11. underlein

underlein Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I've always wanted a hotkey to show the overall roll% as the itemstack amount, the same way it shows you the level when pressing ctrl.

12. Fenix37

Fenix37 Skilled Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Price grafics for certain items or price bells would be very usefull

Hisiste likes this.
  13. Squallens

Squallens Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    To add on to the new filters, the ability to sub filter would be nice. This would allow us to sort by least expensive as a priority but sort by average rolls on top of it. For example, if five out of twenty Sagittarius are selling for twenty eb, sort those five again by the overall rolls

14. bolyai

Minecraft:
    Price history, graphics, other implementations that need data collection is a separate round of changes. It would require a lot of backend work from the Wynntils team, not just me personally. As for price bells, I am not sure there is a feasable/allowed way to add it.

luckeyLuuk and Hisiste like this.
  15. Squallens

Squallens Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Another suggest although I'm not sure how possible this is, but when filtering for items based on the name, would it be possible to instead prompt the user to type in a box similar to the bank filter instead of having to type in chat. This would allow the user to hover over items in their inventory while typing.

Another idea, maybe a default filter option? I typically like to sort by lowest price and it tends to be a hassle to click through them.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
  16. Fenix37

Fenix37 Skilled Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    What about a button that prevents the main page from refreshing so that you can hold and see an item without it running away from your mouse?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
    Hisiste and PlasmaWarrior like this.
  17. bolyai

Minecraft:
    Sounds feasible.

Hisiste likes this.
  18. Tolemi959

Tolemi959 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    If possible, I would love an easier way to quickly buy/sell specific items. A search at the top, like the bank interface has, to search for specific items would be amazing. Or a click on item in the inventory to quickly put it up for sale. Currently you have to go through a bunch of interfaces, not a big fan of it.

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  19. bolyai

Minecraft:
    Not allowed, can't automatically open TM.

20. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Make little (ka-ching) cash register noise when an items sells. And coins jingleing noise when you buy an item

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.