1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

How To Apply For The Official Wynncraft Content Team

Discussion in 'Rules & Information' started by Grian, Sep 7, 2015.

1. noahjsc

noahjsc Travelled Adventurer

I don't think anyone keeps the numbers. However I wouldn't worry, if you get past the initial application screening your probably good enough.

Stag2001 likes this.
  2. Ziffler1

Ziffler1 looking for corrupted dungeon partys VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    how would i know if my builds are good enough and are there any age requirments

3. DrBracewell

DrBracewell Famous Adventurer QA Modeler GM CMD CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There's no age requirement but we do expect a minimum level of maturity, for builds like go ahead and apply, whatever response you get will pretty much tell you. If you can build at the same quality of the builds currently ingame though then that probably bodes well.

4. CarrotKing269

CarrotKing269 Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I can build the same quality as the early game builds but I've never actually seen the newer ones becuase I'm kinda low level

5. noahjsc

Honestly you won't ever know if you'll get accepted till you put an application in. If you want in on the team and it sounds like you do, apply. If you don't get in, practice your skills and do it again.

6. CarrotKing269

Minecraft:
    Yeh I've applied twice with it getting denied and I've been waiting on an app to get answered for about a month now so

ocel0tgirl likes this.
  7. ImmaDonut

ImmaDonut Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Im guessing its been asked millions of times but how long does application review usually take? sorry if this is a common question i looked and dont see any faq or anything

8. ocel0tgirl

ocel0tgirl Your friendly neighborhood cat overlord Staff Member Moderator HERO

Minecraft:
    Depends on what you apply for and if they are currently reviewing apps. I know its usually like a couple months or more, but sometimes it takes weeks. You are probably gonna have to wait a while.

9. CarrotKing269

Minecraft:
    yeaaaaaaaah it can get pretty annoying
    my first two apps got answered in a week, the one I put in a bit ago has already taken over a month which is quite a big difference. now obviously people have taken longer so I cant really complain, but yeah you will def have to wait a while.

10. ImmaDonut

ImmaDonut Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    ok because the last time I submitted one it was returned in like 3 days so I just wasnt sure what the average time is

11. noahjsc

How have you been working to improve your builds? Sure practice makes perfect but if you haven't already try working with those better than you or near equal to you. My biggest improvements in skill is when working with others whom I can learn from.

Nynnf and vortderire like this.
  12. CarrotKing269

Minecraft:
    yeh ive been working with otheres recently. I just joined a build team and stuff. I've also been studying other factors for building that I dont usually look into, though obviously not everyting yet so liike
    for those of you who like rank the build apps, or really any one who knows, what does the response "promising" mean. I havent gotten it but ive heard people talking about it, and im kinda curious what it means if you get it

vortderire likes this.
  13. Señor TopHat

Señor TopHat The Industrialist

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's been a while since hams said this but not too long
    upload_2021-3-12_6-7-20.png
    Thank you hams, very cool

Stag2001 likes this.
  14. Chigo_

Chigo_ wtf is a chigo Staff Member Moderator QA HERO

Minecraft:
    Kinda late but it can mean a few things, one possibility is that the applicant seem skilled enough but the application was lacking, or another is the applicant is close to being accepted but the reviewer wants to see more from them. However, it could also mean something else, those are just two likely scenarios.

15. CarrotKing269

Minecraft:
    oh ok. I got a message from the person who reviewed saying they wanted to see more from me before giving me a trail, but the thing still said denied.
    im not sure if the promising remark is an actual option, just like denied and accepted, or just a sort of way of seeing it.

16. Chigo_

Chigo_ wtf is a chigo Staff Member Moderator QA HERO

Minecraft:
    It is an actual option, although it is rare (like literally more rare than accepted lol) due to the situations it's applied in and what the reviewer is thinking at the time. As for your application I would recommend introducing more elements into your application, such as organics, terrain, etc.

Stag2001 likes this.
  17. CarrotKing269

Minecraft:
    ben improving on my building skills for a little while but it would still be nice to get some feedback, especially from a little whole forum basically made for people who like building(also the mods but like idk)
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/any-build-advice.276583/page-3
    this is a forums thing just to make sure this thing doesnt get cramped with my texts so.
    hope this doesn't get ignored but also it would be nice to have this chat come back alive becuase honestly I use to spend so much time just reading these messages it waws weirdly fun so

ocel0tgirl likes this.
  18. nip nop

nip nop ava is my wife and mine alone CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    is there any information on when gm applications are being updated?

RJJguyTheCarrot and Ava Cart like this.
  19. EvanOrizam

EvanOrizam Just your average Fruman supersoldier. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    B u m p e r s

1 0 c h a r s

20. Quint

Quint it/she/they HERO GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    late reply: i know, i know. this is all technically correct, there are no hard numbers kept, but if i had to estimate since i joined about three years ago about 80% of build trials were accepted, 80/90% of gm trials were accepted, almost all CMD trials got accepted. this comes with a huge grain of salt though - my activity is all over the place, there were definitely some trials i've forgotten/didn't see.

it is a trial to make sure the work you handed in in your web application was your own work, that's true. but it's also a bit of a feel thing, the majority of trials have passed, but the majority of failures weren't actually because of bad work (to my remembering - i am incredibly old and my memory is faulty, please be patient), a lot have been due to behavioral issues - not naming anyone (i couldn't if i wanted to, i don't remember them lol), but some failed for teleporting into the map and off their plot, some failed for harassing/spamming content team members while they were online, some failed for having racist usernames, some tried to pry knowledge about the lore from content team members that were online, some had past issues brought up during the trial (one applicant that never made it to trial (i THINK) didn't make it to trial/pass because they did a lot of arguing for the eugenics/killings of queer people and minorities (of which there were members on the team) in front of people on the team and got flagged). if you have the common sense to not do these things, and you get to the trial stage, it's very close to a guarantee

fishcute likes this.