1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

How To Apply For The Official Wynncraft Content Team

Discussion in 'Rules & Information' started by Grian, Sep 7, 2015.

1. CarrotKing269

CarrotKing269 Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    first of all(and i don't mean to have this sound like an argument, just something you might not have thought of) i myself have been building for a long time too, and am pretty good(not professional but pretty good) however i very clearly lack many skills that are very important, the most obvious being lack of a good pallet. that is something i learned from asking people what i need to improve, and if you have a personal trainer, they can point out those weaknesses and help you grow them much better than any tutorial can.
    and for the second one, yeah I've applied for the wynncraft ct a couple of times but all its ever said was "i hope to see you again" which I'm pretty sure is a requirement so it hasn't helped much.

2. Dwicey

Dwicey mmmyes QA CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Make a thread in the Your-Work section with some of your builds and I will give you some feedback. If you really wanna improve I'll be super harsh on it and nitpick shit aswell

3. CarrotKing269

Minecraft:
    oh well i actually do have on of those but its kinda died, plus I havent updated in a while. ill try doing so in a bit, and send the link to it.

Dwicey likes this.
  4. CarrotKing269

Minecraft:
  5. fishcute

fishcute fish VIP

Minecraft:
    I've found that the best thing you can do is be honest to yourself and also experiment. You should be able to step back from a build and decide how you feel about it. If you aren't too sure then go and try it a bit differently. Otherwise you can waste a lot of time on designs that won't work.

On the other hand, if you are on the fence about how something looks, leave it be and see how you feel after a while. I was building a house using brown concrete and wool as walls, and was trying to add windows. At first I used dark oak and spruce, but decided it was too dark. Then i tried birch, and at first I wasn't a big fan, but now it's one of my favourite block pallets that I've used.

And finally, experiment. Use weird blocks. Don't stick to wood and stone. Concrete, terracotta, wool are all options, but there's no reason to be limited to those. Just be sure to know what's too much.

6. CarrotKing269

Minecraft:
    yeah yeah i try to do all of those(goodness did that sound anxsty) im not to great when it comes to deciding how one of my builds look to do self esteem but when it comes to pallet ive been getting quite a lot better than I used to be(in fact wood and stone tend to be severely outwayed by other blocks, which may actually be going too far the other direction) but I am still in my early stages of working on that, so it probably wont be too good.
    thanks for the advice, its greatly appreciated.

7. CarrotKing269

Minecraft:
    just curiousity but is using world painter for the terrrianing ok?
    as in will we be using world painter to make tings like terrian on the building server?(like terraining a part of the map, and then importing the one part)

8. Dwicey

Dwicey mmmyes QA CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    WorldPainter leads to bad looking terrain that's often poor for gameplay. I gave you advice on how to do terrain on your build thread

9. CarrotKing269

Minecraft:
    yeah, i was thinking something like world painter, then going over with voxel, and then hand. obviously only if its really large area but still, also, when it comes too how good terrain looks with it, people like Jeracraft can make some pretty crazy things with that, though they do have custom brushes, which does make a massive difference, which might be what lead to the confusion, but if its not really in wynncrafts style to do so , then i guess i wont. thanks!

10. Yohdadddy

Yohdadddy Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Very cool epic

11. vortderire

vortderire Travelled Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hello! I'm wondering if applications are open c:

12. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+ QA GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes!

vortderire likes this.
  13. c_crystal

c_crystal Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Well are you sure? I've been waiting a year for mine...

vortderire likes this.
  14. vortderire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Exactly, that's why I'm confused. I would be so honored to be accepted and I feel I could have potential (I could post a pic here if wanted) but it's been a week for me so far. Nothing compared to your year though!

15. ocel0tgirl

ocel0tgirl Your friendly neighborhood cat overlord Staff Member Moderator HERO

Minecraft:
    Please be patient, apps usually take from a couple weeks to months.
    As for the year, I'm not sure. They might not be reviewing many apps right now due to the update.

vortderire and Ellphant like this.
  16. vortderire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh okay, that makes more sense. Thank you for your answer!

ocel0tgirl likes this.
  17. CarrotKing269

Minecraft:
    yeah apps are almost always being accepted, but the potential is certainly much higher than expected(I used to think i could get in and didnt even get a promising, not that i would now anyways) i'm not the best person to judge, but i am curious. I would like to see some of your builds, if that s still ok!

18. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+ QA GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It depends where you apply, some positions are not having applications accepted at the present moment but they are still open.

vortderire and Chubbast like this.
  19. Slime1480

Slime1480 Slime Shady HERO

Minecraft:
    Screenshot_35.png
    Yeah, I noticed xD.

ROAD TO 1 YEAR WORLD RECORD WOOOOOO

20. Moshimoo

Moshimoo Fate go brrrrrrrrrrrr

Guild:
    Minecraft:

ain't no world record but aint half bad either lmao