1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

How To Apply For The Official Wynncraft Content Team

Discussion in 'Rules & Information' started by Grian, Sep 7, 2015.

1. CarrotKing269

CarrotKing269 Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    true but you do have to have your build at a high level, I just dont know how high of a level that is, basically the minimum to make it in.

2. Pixelæs

Pixelæs Theorist, Adventurer, and Researcher

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not sure about the exact standards, but I've worked on a RPG map as a builder before, so probably detailing, "ruining" (making builds look old with moss and ruined segments), and interior are kinda important. As for build level, maybe something you can share on a building forum and feel proud of? That's just a guess though since I'm still working on mine.

3. Plasmatic

Plasmatic Alas, wynncraft lore forbids tanks... for now HERO Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    No offence but I applied with pretty much just futuristic builds and got into the build team. The type of build isn't as important as the creative use of different blocks and shapes and the like. If you look around the map you'll see that the newer builds tend to incorporate many more colours/textures as well as being smoother and more refined, which I suppose is a style we look for. This applies for both structures and terrain. This may mean building outside of your comfort zone and spending a bit more time on what might seem like a less complicated build but it's worth it.

Wxhlf, Dwicey, Ellphant and 1 other person like this.
  4. CarrotKing269

Minecraft:
    what rank would you need to review build apps? I don't need to know this I'm just kinda curious

5. Dwicey

Dwicey mmmyes QA CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Only the managers can review applications but others can look at them so as long as they have 200 Karma and access

Wxhlf likes this.
  6. CarrotKing269

Minecraft:
    Yeah, that makes sense. I've heard of karma before. What would a builder use that for?

7. Chigo_

Chigo_ wtf is a chigo Staff Member Moderator QA HERO

Minecraft:
    You get your ingame, forums, & discord rank at 200 karma, that is the only point of it besides to flex on your fellow CT members.

CarrotKing269 and Dwicey like this.
  8. CarrotKing269

Minecraft:
    Lol
    This stuff seems very valuable

wader_ likes this.
  9. Slime1480

Slime1480 Slime Shady HERO

Minecraft:
    Hello epic gamers today is an epic day because it's my 8 months mensiversary didn't even know this word existed of not getting my application reviewed! I kinda want to set a new record so if the CT is reading this please don't reply thank you very mucho!
    this is becoming a meme wtf

CarrotKing269 and Ellphant like this.
  10. Chigo_

Minecraft:
    Please be patient, we are aware of old applications and I promise every app will eventually get responded to. The entire CT is extremely busy making 1.20 and so is management so there isnt much time to spend on applications rn.

Slime1480 likes this.
  11. Slime1480

Slime1480 Slime Shady HERO

Minecraft:
    Don't worry dude, no pressure at all. I'm just joking after all. Also I wanna hit those 12 months lol

CarrotKing269 likes this.
  12. CarrotKing269

Minecraft:
    How important is terraforming in the app? I haven't quite gotten down custom trees and I'm wondering if that would hold me back. Obviously my buildings aren't amazing but they have a chance at being acceptable. While my terraforming is probably way below standard

13. Dwicey

Dwicey mmmyes QA CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Some people on the team only do structure requirements, but they're usually much more scarce. Knowing terraining (AND HANDSMOOTHING!!) is pretty important imo, but you would be okay if you had really nice structures and lackluster terrain as long as you can at least do SOMETHING to mould the terrain around builds

Iboju likes this.
  14. Ellphant

Ellphant (they/them) OWWC Person, Aspiring Artist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    For a GM application, what things matter more than others (if any)?
    For example, which would be more likely to be accepted: An application with everything done really well except for the mob, or an application with everything done really well except for the quest?

15. Chigo_

Minecraft:
    The quest makes up like at least 85% of your application.

Ellphant likes this.
  16. CarrotKing269

Minecraft:
    i have a google docs that tells me the build world server ip. is this normal or did something weird happen? i tried joining and it said i wasn't white listed so it shouldn't be much of the problem but still

17. CarrotKing269

Minecraft:
    would it be better to build on a flat world or a normal one? like which one would be more likely to get accepted?

18. CarrotKing269

Minecraft:
    how important is interior for a build app? i haven't been adding any of it in my build apps and im wondering if thats taking part in me getting denied

19. flyingman

flyingman Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Depends really, if you just want a huge epic thing and it looks cool from the outside then they probably wont mind that it doesnt have interior, because well you probably wouldnt show it on the inside if you didnt make one, but you should make a few smaller or bigger builds with interiors so it shows that you can build that too.

20. Miasmate

Miasmate Skilled Adventurer Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I submitted an app. two weeks ago, how long is the application process normally?