1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

How To Apply For The Official Wynncraft Content Team

Discussion in 'Rules & Information' started by Grian, Sep 7, 2015.

1. flyingman

flyingman Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Ah nice, promising I guess?

2. FinnDestroyer

FinnDestroyer Lonely lore enthusiast GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    No, I got accepted.

3. Papa Cthulhu

Papa Cthulhu Mayonnaise is spicy VIP

Minecraft:
    Most of my recent Promising Applications took between 1 to 5 Days (For Builder)

4. PatheticFlower

PatheticFlower peter mushroom griffin VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i've had 2 promisings that have taken about an hour or two each to make

5. Corruptplex

Corruptplex Just an ordinary player HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In all honesty it doesn't entirely matter how long one works on it (Not that I got accepted, but just noting). If you are confident on your application, then you should feel that way. When people show off talent, sometimes they show it through a fast thought process and fill in the application quickly. Other people wait and really plans things out to ensure that theirs are equivalent to the best, which can take a longer time. It all depends up to how you deal with these applications.

RicRicc and Stag2001 like this.
  6. Qulaey

Qulaey Fnet = (m v^2)/R

Minecraft:
    When I first applied for the wynncraft buildteam I applied with my whole portfolio which took me around 2 months to make. My application got a accepted within 24 hours.

What I am trying to say is, when I decided to apply, I made sure that I would definitively get in (above 80% certainty) because you only have one chance to make a first impression. Once you make that first initial impression it is very difficult to pick yourself back up from that. What I suggest everyone here to do is to make an amazing application and send everything in at once. That will significantly increase your chances of getting onto the team.

7. Corruptplex

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not entirely sure about this. I agree in the sense to try to end up making little applications before finally getting accepted, as it's a lot of extra time for the reviewers to view, and the applicants to wait in general. But I wouldn't say that there is any first impression going around. I'm sure there's situations where people make below average applications the first time, then later on submit good apps their 2nd or 3rd time. But thankfully we've been given an infinity amount of times to try to get to this position.

Stag2001 likes this.
  8. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. QA Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Although first impressions do matter, I’d say 70% of the current builders didn’t get accepted on their first application.
    That is correct - my first application consisted of cube towers with no depth and terrain that was basically just a single voxelsniper command repeated endlessly.
    Denied applications don’t mean you’ve lost your chance to get accepted - just take some time to make a new one with new builds to show that you’ve improved.

9. LASAGNA IS GOOD

LASAGNA IS GOOD A LASAGNA Addict

welp, you can say I fucked up my first impressions real bad.

10. SilverStar

SilverStar Just another insagnificant mortal HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've always thought that you need to write an entire quest for the app, but now that I re-read the things you're requested to write, it seems like you need to write an idea for a quest, rather than a full one. Could someone explain what I'm suppost to do?

11. Corruptplex

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "Be over-the-top. The more effort and writing you put into the application, the more opportunity we have to assess your writing ability. Instead of just doing one section of dialogue, why not write out the speeches for the entire quest?"

12. SilverStar

SilverStar Just another insagnificant mortal HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thank you for the advise!

Corruptplex likes this.
  13. faragoo

faragoo Gavel citizen

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Aaaaah, I thought you had to limit yourself x) Well, looks like I'll have to write another app

14. flyingman

flyingman Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    I know this is late, but congrats.