1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Guide To Orphion's Nexus Of Light

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Da Homeboi, Feb 25, 2021.

?

2 Questions, Did the Guide Help, and how hyped are you for the raid?

1. Q1: Yes

25 vote(s)
    61.0%
  2. Q1: No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Q2: Super Hyped, Cow man where is it

24 vote(s)
    58.5%
  4. Q2: Hyped, Looking forward to it, but I'm pretty satisfied with TCC atm

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Q2: Somewhat, Not very enthusiastic, but it looks pretty neato

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. Q2: Eh, not that much

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  7. Q2: This is more disappointing than Professions

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  8. Therck Stairway to Heaven

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi Average Lore and Wiki Enjoyer

Minecraft:
    Edit: It came out Woot. Go play it on play.wynncraft.com.

Pre-Raid
    So in order to do the Raid, there are 4 requirements that must be met:
    - You have to do Realm of Light V - The Realm of Light (Have fun with those RoL 3 cutscenes)
    - The Party has to have 4-6 people in it
    - The total level of the party cannot exceed 500
    - The Party Leader must have 3 Uth Runes

Also, a problem with the boss is that the nearest major city (Ragni, Detlas, Nemract, Almuj, Llevigar, Nesaak, etc.) is Cinfras, compared to the other Raids such as the Nest of the Grootslangs which is Olux, and The Canyon Colossus which is Kandon-Beda, both of which are short walks which can be used to restock on supplies. While this is another reason to add the Heliolux Village back, this also means that if you have to do any prep, do it in Cinfras. However, the city problem can be drastically reduced if you have all the Misc. NPC stuff on your housing island (Idk if you have to be Champion to use the balloons).

I have not seen a Blacksmith within the Buff Rooms, but it might be a bug or I'm just ignorant, but still repair your Crafted Items at Cinfras just to be sure. The only nearby helpful merchant is the Potion Merchant, which can be found by going through the teleporter near the Nexus of Light, and then head North to find the Potion Merchant. It sells Healing Potions Lv 80-100, a Lv 80 Mana Potion, and Lv 85 Skill Pots. And remember, stack up on Heal Pots, even as a KoH Mage, because when you are rendered completely immobile in the boss room, you will be able to survive much longer than other people without them.

However, the hardest part pre-raid is probably going to be finding teammates. I would recommend recruiting them in The Planning Parlor section, or you can also ask in the #looking-for-group channel of the Wynncraft Discord, and also use other unofficial Wynncraft Discords such as the Wynn Raid Team Discord by @Olinus10. However, if you are in a Guild, finding Teammates should not be an issue. If you are running with endgame players (Lv 100+), then you can only have 4 players. If you really want to, you could run this with 6 Lv 80s, although it will be much harder.

After you have paid the entrance fee of 3 Uth Runes, you will then see the entrance animation, and then you will go to Orphion's Nexus of Light, "When Light Fades..."

Orphion's Nexus of Dark, "When Darkness Grows..."
    Yes, it changes between the 2 when you enter.

Unlike other raids, there is actually a Main Room of it, which has 3 separate doorways. The doors will each have a different lock on them, the Green one, the Blue one, and the Pink one, opening in that specific order.

Room 1
    Both Rooms have a timer of 60 seconds.
    The Cloud Platform Room
    What I like to call the Cloud Platform Room is pretty simple.

There will be 5 different clouds in the room, and after a short moment, 4/5 clouds will turn black. You and your party must head to the only White one. There will be enemies there that will try to shove you off the cloud, and after a while, a platform will appear on that cloud. As long as somebody is holding it, a timer will count down. Anyone can stand on it, it does not matter if there are 1, 2, 3, or more people on there, it will still count down. I recommend that the tankiest player focuses on holding the platform, while the others also hold it down with them, and attack the hostile Light mobs. After a while, the platform will disappear, and all clouds will return to their normal, non-decayed state. The previous things will ensue until the timer expires.

If you fall of the cloud, you will not die, but you will be unable to help your teammates hold it down until the next round, or in other words, when the platform disappears.

The Parasite Platform Room
    This room is a tad bit harder than the Cloud Platform Room, but is still manageable. In this room, there will be a pillar in the center, which is the platform. The intended way to get up to the platform is to use the Launch Pads, which will appear in a random corner of a room. A player must stand on it for 3 seconds to be launched onto the platform, when a timer will appear and start counting down. However, it's not all peaches and cream for the player on top, as there will be Parasites that appear below certain crystals. You and Your team must focus on killing them ASAP, as you only have a short time before their effects go into place.

If you kill all of them, the player holding the platform can rest easy until the next wave spawns, but if any are left alive, the Platform will Decay, and the person on top will be shoved off. No one can go on the platform for about 10 seconds until the room returns to normal.

Once the timer has expired, the room is completed.

Room 2
    The Gathering Room
    The Gathering Room, what I like to call it, is a lot like the other gathering rooms, mainly to Nest of the Grootslang's. There are 3 different challenges in the room. I will go over them from left to right.

Parkour
    This Parkour is pretty similar to EO's, but is much harder. You cannot use spells of any kind while in the parkour, and the platforms themselves are not physically seen. Rather, you have to look up at the gold blocks, for those represent the Platforms. At the end of the parkour, a Light Crystal is received, which can then be taken to the center to purify a crystal.

If you fall off, you will be taken back to the beginning, and the parkour will change.

Battle
    To get the Light Crystal for this section, it's pretty straightforward. Defeat a miniboss, the Athanatic Witness. It does deal a considerable amount of damage, but is somewhat manageable. It also has Multihit, but as long as you keep your distance, you'll be ok.

Another thing to note is that only 1 person can go in this room.

Puzzle
    This section is the easiest to me.

The room is a large, open area, with several small crystals around the room. There will be many Dark Crystals, but the one you need to focus on is the Light Crystals. As you stand near it for a while, it will register and you do that 2 more times to get a Crystal.

Once 10 Light Crystals are used to purify the Dark Crystals, you get to move on to the Buff Room.

The Crystalline Decay Room (AKA: Pure Hell)
    This to me is by far the hardest room in the Nexus of Light itself.

After about 5 seconds, a lot of mobs will spawn on 3 random clouds. The main mob on each of those chosen clouds is the Crystalline Decay. It has 85K HP and a weakness to Earth, but is pretty hard to kill in 30 seconds. If all 3 are killed in time, then you have to repeat it 2 more times to complete the room, but if any live, you have to kill all 3 of them again, and keep on going until your party has done the challenge successfully three times.

If you fall off of a cloud, you will be unable to participate in the room for 10 seconds.

Room 3
    The Darkness Orb Room
    This room punishes the person who holds the Darkness Orb. They receive a minor debuff, while everyone else fights the mobs in the area. After a while, everyone but the person holding the Orb sees Green particles in a corner of the room. I recommend that everyone who can see them goes to that spot where they are, so then the person holding the Orb can go to them.

This will repeat for about 10 times as your party progresses throughout the tower, and when the top level is completed, you get to move on to the buff room and then face off against the Light Beast itself.

The Overseer Room (AKA: The Pog Room)
    The Overseer Room is actually kind of the opposite of the Darkness Orb room, it actually rewards the player holding the Light Crystal. You are unable to use your movement spell while in the room.

In this room, a player in your party must hold the Light Crystal. To them, the path will be revealed, while everyone else in the party must follow the person holding the Crystal. Lightless Apparitions will attempt to shove you and your party off the platform.

Sometimes, the Overseer (The White Face) will start to Decay. When it does, STAY AS STILL AS POSSIBLE, if you move, you will get launched into the air, which did ~10K damage to me. However, after the Overseer has restored its light, you can then move on to the end of the room, and it's basically guaranteed the Overseer will Decay again.

If you fall off, you will simply get teleported back to the beginning.

Once everyone has made it to the end, the room is completed.

Buffs (Credit to @Retathrah )
    Seraphim
    - I: +55% Spell Damage, Sorcery Major ID
    - II: +5/4s Mana Regen, +55% Spell Damage
    - III: +7/4s Mana Regen, +130 Dexterity, +55% Spell Damage

Cherubim
    - I: +75% Speed, +150% Main Attack Damage
    - II: +50% Thorns, +50% Reflection, +1000/4s Life Steal
    - III: +70 Strength, +70 Dexterity, +70 Intelligence, +70 Defense, +70 Agility

Anti
    - I: +616% Exploding, Explosive Impact Major ID
    - II: +100 Strength, +9000/3s Poison
    - III: +80 Strength, +300% Sprint, +2 Attack Speed Bonus

Ophanim
    - I: +50 Agility, +55% Water Damage
    - II: +50 Agility, +50% Water Damage, +350% HP Regen
    - III: +10K HP (Says 1K but it's a visual bug), Guardian Major ID

Throne
    - I: +70 Intelligence, +10/4s Mana Steal
    - II: +10/4s Mana Steal, +5/4s Mana Regen, +50% Earth, Thunder, Water, Fire, and Air Damage
    - III: +80 Intelligence, Transcendence Major ID

As you see the door to Orphion's Arena emerge, you and your teammates then walk on a stairway to heaven to fight against Orphion, The Light Beast.

Orphion, "The Dark Beast" (Yes, just like the intro, it switches between the 2 randomly)

The boss of the Nexus of Light is Orphion themself.

This fight is also one of the most complicated in the entire game, The Eye is like a baby's puzzle toy compared to this fight.

Orphion is Lv 250 and has a whopping 8 Million HP. 8 Million. Let that sink in.

Orphion is also weak to Earth and Fire, while dealing damage in and resisting Air and Thunder Damage.

Some casual spells Orphion has are Pull, Multihit, Explosion, and Flamethrower.

The fight starts off a bit simple. The only minion Orphion has on the battlefield at the moment is the Crystalline Cyclone (It's unkillable, don't bother with it). The arena is also divided into 4 quarters. In each of them is a Bloodlust Ruin. When Orphion activates a Bloodlust Ruin, that Ruin causes the entire quarter to become dangerous, as it deals 2k damage to you when you step in it, and will continue to do 2k damage if you stay in it. However, as the fight progresses, new mechanics are added and so are minions.

After Orphion has been reduced down to 6.2 Mil HP (Don't know the exact number), the Crystalline Cyclone will gain a new spell. This spell is a pretty dangerous one, as while it cannot do any damage, it severely handicaps a teammate, it Crystallizes them. If you are Crystallized, you cannot do any damage or use any spell. However, mobs can damage you while in the crystal, and you cannot break yourself out, that's what your teammates are for. A teammate has to kill the crystal around you to free you of your prison.

Another minion will also spawn around this time, Volatile Velocities. They are quick and can swarm, and also have an Exploding spell. Other minions will also spawn, such as Crawling Curers (Guardians), which have a Heal Spell, and need to be taken care of ASAP (Not how Nohno wanted you to take care of Cluckles).

Another spell will also be added to the Crystalline Cyclone after a while, this one launches you in the air. You better hope you have an item with the Lightweight Major ID on it or be a mage with teleport, as it deals MASSIVE damage upon landing.

Infection Ad Infinitums (Ghasts) will also spawn. They split upon death into smaller minions. They can first be found easily as their giant self, then turn into a smaller self with a body, then to just a small head. However, they can swarm if you are not careful.

The third and final spell added to the Crystalline Cyclone is a Lightning one. That spell is VERY dangerous. You have to always be on the move if you are targeted, or else you will get hit. It deals a LOT of damage, so avoid that at all costs.

When Orphion is at around 2 Million HP, Overseers of Orphion(Withers to replace the Devourer of Light) will appear, and like the Crawling Curers, they have a heal spell. When Orphion is reduced to 1 million HP, a bunch of random minions will spawn. A full list of all of them(That I have seen):

• Malwarewolves
    • Infested Cruxes
    • Brainwashed Jugglers
    • Deceased Beasts
    • Plagued Captains
    • Infected Puppets
    • Infested Doctors
    At this point, all you need to do are 2 things, KILL, and STAY ALIVE. Keeping the Minions alive will severely punish you, as any damage dealt to Orphion will just be reverted by the minions. However, when you finally reduce Orphion to no HP, the true boss of the Raid is revealed in a cutscene.

The black matter around Orphion will detach itself, as the Crystalline Cyclone turns into the Sanitizing Void.

You must fight... what I can not.

The Parasite, "The Harbinger of Decay"
    The Parasite is the true boss of Orphion's Nexus of Light. It is a burst-ranged mob that has teleport and only has 1.1 Million HP, and also deals damage in fire.

The only minion in the fight against The Parasite is the Sanitizing Void, which casts a unique pull spell.

What this Pull is, is that you can only stay in the middle, and the only way to free yourself is to kill the Sanitizing Void, which has 500K HP. Once the Sanitizing Void is defeated, everyone who is affected by the Pull is freed, and then will respawn in about 5 seconds. Once The Parasite is defeated, the Sanitizing Void will disappear as the Raid will be completed.

Orphion will speak to you before you claim your rewards:
    Orphion: The Parasite which you detached from me was responsible for the Decay of my realm, and thee subsequent decline of yours.
    Orphion: It was sent as a direct attack from the Realm of Darkness. Somehow, the balance is in their favor.
    Orphion: My strength is soul bound to the health of your lands. Although I have been freed, it will take time for me to recover.
    Orphion: Now that the source is gone, the dernmites will not be able to spread across Gavel and will eventually starve.
    Orphion: I thought that Lari was my only hope for survival. I now realize that both you and her are destined for much more.
    Orphion: The war is far from over, my Pulse. Like Lari, you must go beyond the veil and bring the world to balance.
    Orphion: Light cannot exist without the Darkness, just as the Dark cannot exist without the Light.
    Orphion: This world has been thrown out of balance and the realms continue to war.
    Orphion: Before you face the Darkness head on though... There is one more you must face.
    Orphion: You must stop her, or the war will never end.

You also get to pet Orphion at the end, which is the best part, change my mind.

The rewards you get can be any of these (Some might have Probably by them, if it does, then it is unconfirmed):

• Mastery Tomes
    • Charm of the Light
    • Corkian Amplifiers (I-III)
    • Emeralds
    • Horses
    • T3 Rice String and Grains
    • T3 Diamond Ingots and Gems
    • T3 Pine Wood and Paper
    • T3 Bass Oil and Meat
    • Cacophony
    • Metamorphosis (Necklace, also obtainable through NotG)
    Hope this guide helps you with the Nexus of Light and Dark itself!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  2. RawFish

RawFish Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    quality guide :thumbsup:

3. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine LI Medallion Owner :D VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the raid entry cost was removed, but the rol questline requirement was still there

4. ChrisTheBear

ChrisTheBear Check out this amazing server, play.wynncraft.com CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Very well detailed guide, I got quite confused while trying out the raid in Beta, only thing is that it would be awesome if pictures were included

Da Homeboi likes this.
  5. Da Homeboi

Minecraft:
    It was.

I included the cost though for when it actually gets released.

Bwitty03 and coolname2034 like this.
  6. 1+1=3

1+1=3 LegoBoyWelly HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You can also get Metamorphosis, and all those ing can be gotten from the raid chests, and I have gotten brown horse so horse too

starx280 and Da Homeboi like this.
  7. Da Homeboi

Minecraft:
    I thought Metamorphosis came from NotG. Will add it though, thanks for the info.

8. Da Homeboi

Minecraft:
    GGs Raid is out, now go pet :goodboye: before goodboye pets you.

starx280 and MlecznyHuxel99 like this.
  9. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine LI Medallion Owner :D VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    in the darkness orb room, does the person who holds the darkness orb receive blindness?

10. FrozenGalaxy

FrozenGalaxy Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Very nice guide! My addition to it would be, that it's worth it, to stack up on healing potions, even if you are a mage. At the Orphion boss fight, when you get crystallized, you have a lot more chance for survival, if you have enough healing potions, since your teammates might not be able to get to you in time, and you cannot cast any spells.

starx280 and Da Homeboi like this.
  11. Da Homeboi

Minecraft:
    No, just minor weakness and speed debuffs I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.