1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Going To Slykaars Basement And Getting Teleported Gives A Java.lang.nullpointerexception Error Me...

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Wxhlf, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Wxhlf

Wxhlf Travelled Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Report created on 2020-08-02

Username: Wxhlf
    Version: 1.12.2
    Server: WC

Description: When going to Slykaar's residence and going through the hole it disconnects you when you get to the other diemsnion and gives you an error message " saying "java.lang.nullpointerexception". Reconnecting to the game renders you unable to go anywhere and resort to using /kill to escape.
    Steps to Reproduce: Do the quest Corrupted Betreyal up until stage 4 where you enter Slykaar's residence, do not talk to the guard, do not read the journal, skip directly to going to the other dimension to get that error message.
    Evidence:

Content: Corrupted Betreyal Quest disconnection bug
    Quest Stage: Stage 4
    Coordinates: -2107 108 749
    Modifications Used: Optifine, Wynntils

2. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. QA GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Can you try disabling Wynntils?

3. Wxhlf

Wxhlf Travelled Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have completed the quest by ACTUALLY reading the diary in Slykaar’s house (which was the null variable(diary) in this situation since I did not read it at first.) I think a way to fix this is to have the player require reading the diary first before being able to go to the portal such as a quest book update. I can not however disable wynntils now since I have completed the quest by reading the diary instead of skipping it.

4. A Human

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Earlier reports of the same issue were resolved by disabling Wynntils, and a very similar issue caused by Wynntils existed in the past.
    We'll see if there is anything we can do from our side.

5. A Human

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've been unable to replicate this on a vanilla client.

Wxhlf likes this.