1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Game Mechanics Game Bug With Mythics?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by mushroomhoues, Jul 29, 2019.

1. mushroomhoues

mushroomhoues Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:

Yes, the probability for getting a mythic in a chest is static. But when you open multiple chests, you roll a chance to get a mythic in each chest. Increasing the overall probability of receiving a mythic, because you're opening multiple chests. This does not change the static probability but simply rerolls the chance every time you open a chest. Again increasing the overall probability.

2. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time Staff Member Moderator ♪ Music Item Team HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Improbable =/= impossible.

3. mushroomhoues

Minecraft:
    Further emphasis on the 1/6300000000000000000000000 being a sign that there's a problem.

I did remember something strange when loot running. Very rarely when I would open a loot chest. There would be no items in said chest. Do you think this would be something to do with the loot tables. This has only happened to me 5 times. So maybe when a mythic would be generated, it clears all generated items in the chest (including itself).

4. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Loot chests have less loot in them the less time it's been since they spawned. It's likely those chests were just freshly respawned chests.
    Also, if you are camping specific chests and opening them right when they respawn, they have far less loot in them, resulting in less chances for a mythic. That could explain this.

5. mushroomhoues

Minecraft:
    I only loot run on servers where the loot chests are packed with items. So I've never had this problem. Which is why I'm posting about the bug.

6. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time Staff Member Moderator ♪ Music Item Team HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is a known bug that affects all players at all levels, and it certainly hasn't prevented anyone else from finding Mythics. No matter how statistically unlikely you insist it might be, you're just getting unlucky, flat-out. If there was a bug with your loot tables it would be affecting you much more grievously than this.

SmileyAlec likes this.
  7. Tekenen

Tekenen ugh life VIP+

Minecraft:
  8. mushroomhoues

Minecraft: