Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Build Floating Islands With Houses (made By Hand)

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by 7Mile, May 5, 2018.

?

Is This Build Any Good?

1. This is Great!

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. This Is Good

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. This is Ok

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. No.

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7Mile

7Mile Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I spent a little while building these islands in my single player world, I hope someone likes them!
    [​IMG]
    (Above) This island is a very straight spike with windmill/house on top
    [​IMG]
    (Above) The biggest of the three, this island has a very rustic-style wooden house and a cloth roof
    [​IMG]
    (Above) This is the small island, barley accommodating for the tall thin-necked tower standing on it
    .............................................................................--=+=--..............................................................
    I don't have Voxel Sniper or World Edit, so all these islands are made completely by hand (which means I actually put effort into something for once) but I think it was worth it since they would fit a floating area quite nicely (unless of course the floating area didn't use a spike method of making islands.) If anyone would be so kind, leave some feedback on how I did down in the comments.

2. ImCold

ImCold Mmmmm

Awesome Builds dude!!!!

3. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    B L O C C
    VARIATION

I get that you did this by hand so it's a lot harder, but doing it with a random mix of andesite stone gravel whatever that is, would look better with a gradiant of clay and such.
    I. E. [​IMG]

This thing by Tay, note how her things have it so that the block palette changes gradually the further down you go.

4. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ah! Ok!

7Mile likes this.
  5. Skywalkinerate

Skywalkinerate For The Wynn

Minecraft:
    Why is there no option for me to rate this as LEGENDARY??? This isn't just great, its LEGENDARY. But maybe the sky island should be a bit bigger, to me its more appealing in terms of perspective, like making so the building and the island looks more realistic in size or in terms of their ratio.

7Mile likes this.
  6. Skywalkinerate

Skywalkinerate For The Wynn

Minecraft:
    thank you! keep up the good work as well!

7. Qulaey

Qulaey weeb

Minecraft:
    The islands could use some work. The cone shape was so obvious! Try and make it look more natural, for hand built builds like these, you really need to buff up the level of detail. Especially for your house, in the second picture the details for your windows are extremely repetitive, and lacks depth, and complexity. Normally if this house was in a villiage or a town, I would not mind but since this house is the main subject of this build you need to make it more intresting, Try adding rooms sticking out of the walls, add a ledge on the second floor to really create deapth, Try and add diagonals and circles, not all buildings are perfect rectangles. put a custom tree or too to really bring out the build. Overall this build is not bad but could use work.

This is just some advice ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , you don't have to take it. Happy building :D

7Mile likes this.
  8. KingOfRodoroc

KingOfRodoroc Created, blessed, learned, fought, chosen...

Guild:
    Work for more contrast, more shape, the materials you use are fine, redo the island, more something special and not "straight".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.