Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Featured Wynncraftian Featured Wynncraftian Content Team Special Pt. 1

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Pretzule, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pretzule

Pretzule eats pretzels HERO

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    FEATURED WYNNCRAFTIAN

Content Team Special Pt. 1 CMD
    Lotem, CraterHater, Aarontti
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Hosted by Pretzule

Hello, and welcome back to Featured Wynncraftian! For those new to the series, this is where us moderators interview notable players in the community. You can even nominate someone here, if you'd like.

These episodes will serve as a midseason finale, we will be taking a break for some time and gather interviews during this time and post them in a future date, more info on that later.

Now let's move onto who's being interviewed, this time around I am interviewing three content team members from the CMD side of it, these guys do all the crazy cutscenes that you see and some of the little puzzles. They work very hard at what they do to make the server come more alive.

Without further ado, I present to you @Lotem @CraterHater and finally @Aarontti answering some basic questions.

[​IMG]
    How long have you been doing CMD work in Minecraft?

[​IMG]
    I learned legit redstone just after I joined Minecraft, ~2.5 years ago. I was kinda good at it and liked it alot, so I wanted to learn command blocks as well.

[​IMG]
    I have always been very into redstone but when Command Blocks were introduced I immediately found the interesting. However, I can't say I was very good with them at first. I made a lot of crap but I learned from it. So after about a year working with Command Blocks I started creating good stuff and another two years later I applied here :)

[​IMG]
    I started to get interested in normal redstone after the piston update came out about 5 years ago,
    and started command block work about half a year after the release of 1.8 about 1.5 years ago, but
    when I got accepted into the team about 3 and a half months ago, I finally started to take
    CMD job seriously.
    [​IMG]
    What made you decide to practice CMD?

[​IMG]
    One of my friends made lot of small minigames with command blocks, and at some point I started to help him. At the start I only helped with the ideas and built the maps, but later I just read his command blocks and learned from what he did. I really wanted to be able to make those cool stuff too, so I just played with all the commands and learned by myself.
    After I knew commands well, we made lot of cool amazing minigames together, but we never released them to the public unfortunately :(

[​IMG]
    I really like to add my own additions to the game and command blocks allow for very complex puzzles and cinematics. If you think it through they can basically do everything.

[​IMG]
    I wanted to be cool and make maps ;-;
    [​IMG]
    What is your favorite puzzle in the Gavel and Gameplay update?

[​IMG]
    Oh man, that's a tough one... I can't choose one! I made (almost) all the puzzles in the Gavel update, that was my main job. Around 30 puzzles for one update...
    It's really hard to choose, but my favorite ones are the "Sliding Red Block" puzzle from Eye Of The Storm, the "Moving Blocks" puzzle from Acquiring Credentials (this one is Salted's favorite), and the "Connect The Wires" from Heart Of Llevigar.
    In the Gameplay update I made like 8 huge puzzles for the new ???, and I absolutely love them all. My favorite ones are the AI puzzle with the blue and red blocks, and the 4 people puzzle with the colored doors and plates.

[​IMG]
    I like almost all of the puzzles but the best one is the Computer AI by Lotem. My favorite puzzle that I made is the Memory Puzzle in The Hidden City, it was the first time I properly used randoms in something as complex as that.

[​IMG]
    Absolutely the wynntron! It is amazing in every way!

Now let's move on to individual questions.

[​IMG]
    How do you come up with your puzzles and commands for them?

[​IMG]
    Sometimes when I'm bored in school or just derping around in my offmap area on the build server, a cool idea for a new puzzle pops in my head. I make a "proof of concept" version of it first, and if it's good we add it to a quest later.
    Some quests need themed puzzles, with a story behind it, and it can take hours before I come up with something. When I make a new puzzle, half of the time is wasted on coming up with the idea. I don't want to use the same puzzle concept more than once.

Coming up with the commands for the puzzles is the easy part for me. I'm working on my B.A. in computer science at this moment, so I try to look at command blocks like a very primitive programming language. Usually writing the commands doesn't require too much thinking, but in some cases (like the AI puzzle, or if I add an undo button) I have to use some math and data structures to make the puzzle work.
    [​IMG]
    How did you start working on the CMD aspect of Wynncraft?

[​IMG]
    I Started as a normal builder, and had a normal trial just like any other one. After few weeks I also started to help with redstone, and making non-command blocks puzzles (like the ones in WynnEx. Site D).
    Half-way throughout making Gavel, the owners told us we can now use command blocks! It was very exciting for me.
    The first quest featuring command blocks was Purple and Blue. I made it to test how can we command blocks in puzzles and parkours. But that was just the start...

Today command blocks are integral part of Wynncraft.
    We are using command blocks everywhere: puzzles, cutscenes... Even game mechanics such as the Seaskipper! We made a whole new rank on the CT for command blockers, and I'm accepting command blockers trials!
    [​IMG]
    Being the first CMD trial was it a lot of pressure to succeed?

[​IMG]
    Not really, actually. It was pretty easy. I was given a job to do and I just completed it. Easy as that.

[​IMG]
    What was your previous CMD experience before Wynncraft, was it easier or harder than the work you do now?

[​IMG]
    My previous CMD experience was lots easier than Wynncraft, I made some simple maps and puzzles but nothing as complex as what I do here. I can handle it though.
    [​IMG]
    Being a relatively newer CMD than these other two do you still get tasked with the same work load?

[​IMG]
    Thanks to my activity on the build server, I get jobs all the time! I'm ready to work for anyone
    almost 24/7. I'm not sure how to compare the work load with Lotem, since I believe he does
    a bigger variety of stuff, but when I'm compared to Crater, I have had almost double the work,
    so much work actually that I was mentioned on the mvp list on the changelog!
    (Also, our karma levels compared: Me: 1707, Crater: 945 or so)
    [​IMG]
    What aspect of CMD work do you like the most?

[​IMG]
    This isn't exactly CMD specific, but I love the people on the team! Everyone is so nice to me!
    If you really need a thing for CMD work, it's definitely seeing my finished jobs! It's incredibly satisfying!

And that concludes this first part installment of the Featured Wynncraftian Content team special! Part 2 and 3 should be coming out shortly... Tomorrow and Sunday, so watch out for those!
    Remember this three parter special will serve as a midseason finale, so after we will be taking a hiatus of about 2-3 months.

-Pretzule

Click here to see the previous episode where @InvertedReaper and @Tantibus interview the Lore Lurker extraordinaire himself @jpmrocks
    Click here to see part 2 where @DodoBird interviews three Builders @Ackro @Imaxelius and @Headset_O.
    Click here to see part 3 where @Oculus27 interviews three GMs @Abandonedbank @Tantibus @Selvut283 .

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    Lotem, motoki1, Grvphene and 27 others like this.
  2. Zelefant

Zelefant wizard fortress will return one day HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    first

grats to you guys too
    [​IMG]
    (If you don't get it that means you don't Shoutbox)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    Aya, blankman, Power :3 and 2 others like this.
  3. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Oh no not that face

Aya, Power :3 and Zelefant like this.
  4. Zelefant

Zelefant wizard fortress will return one day HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hes a meme now

5. TempleOfLegends

TempleOfLegends Emma CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Lotem likes this.
  6. Glitchedslayer

Glitchedslayer Godly Horse Breeder and Memer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    YAYYYYYY LOTEM

Next up, Yuno

Lotem likes this.
  7. Loxotus

Loxotus Lotus King VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lotem is the wynncraftian?

Lotem likes this.
  8. coolname2034

coolname2034 Formerly known as NPCGrian HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [insert funny comment]
    Brb gotta think of one involving CMDS.

9. fliptik

fliptik i respect cheem HERO

Minecraft:
    Trusted player: Owner can i have a command block?

Owner: Ok, only for a day Trusted player.

Trusted player: Thanks owner!

Owner "Gives him the command block"

Owner left the game

Trusted player: "Types in the Command block : /kill Admin

Trusted player: "Puts a presureplate and steps on it

Noob pvper : YAY I KILLED THE ADMIN ILL GET REWARDED FOR THAT

Admin: Trusted player .. why did you do that ?

Trusted player: That was not me! how can i kill you.

EVERYONE: Laughs at Admin

Admin Left the game

Owner joined the game

Owner: What did you do with the command block Trusted player ?

Trusted player Did not see that the owner joined and says to youtube...

Trusted player: And thats how to troll an admin

Owner: Bans Trusted player PERMANENT for killing Admin with a command block :D

10. Lotem

Lotem Ex-Moral supporter in the official Wynncraft CTâ„¢ HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    LOOK MOM IM FAMOUS

Aya, Dohdo, Grvphene and 6 others like this.
  11. Poiu429

Poiu429 yote VIP+

Minecraft:
    it looks like wynn news =P

Lotem likes this.
  12. dead zeffe

dead zeffe Guest

GG i think xDDDDDDD

13. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    YOU GOT ALL THE BLUE TAGS

14. Ackro

Ackro The true Elite Quadbrid! HERO

Minecraft:
    I see what you did there. Nice one.

Interesting ending to the season. Getting to know the Content Team a bit more.

15. Pretzule

Pretzule eats pretzels HERO

Minecraft:
    Mid-season ;D

16. Ackro

Ackro The true Elite Quadbrid! HERO

Minecraft:
    Oh, right ;D

17. Antra

Antra Malding since 2014 HERO

Minecraft:
    who's Lotem

Power :3, bloww and Lotem like this.
  18. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    I think he's an unofficial builder

Lotem likes this.
  19. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I remember when lotem posted his "dirt house" thread, it was the best build in the your work section, an entire castle made out of dirt.
    they grow up so fast ;-;

Lotem, Power :3, Untitled Doc and 3 others like this.
  20. S3ok

S3ok Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Lol yeah, I remember that too. And that I replied he should join the team. After, he surpassed me in karma very quickly xD.

Lotem, Power :3 and Yuno F Gasai like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.