1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info [faq] Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Pepo, Nov 3, 2017.

?

Which design do you like the most?

1. Old Faq

8.5%
  2. New Faq

91.5%
  1. Pepo

Pepo Snt best cult! QA HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wynn (2).png | Frequently Asked Questions

[Wynncraft Wiki]
    The wiki is a guide created by the community where you can find the answer to most of your questions.

This thread’s purpose is to have an index of all the common questions.
    If you have any questions feel free to ask them here.
    If you think that a common question should be added to this thread, feel free to contact a Moderator or reply here.
    This thread is a remake of an old Faq thread created by Capa: [Thread]

Sections
    (Each section has a colour, you can easily find when a section starts scrolling down)
    Red - General Guidelines
    Yellow - Web
    Light Green - Ranks & Applications
    Light Blue - Discord
    Dark Blue - In-Game
    Pink - Classes
    Brown - Quests
    Orange - Items
    Dark Green - Monsters
    Gray - Nether
    Aqua - Misc.

General Guidelines

What is the server's IP?
    You can use multiple IPs to join Wynncraft. However the official one is: play.wynncraft.com

Can I use a cracked version of Minecraft to play?
    Unfortunately you can't, you need a Premium version of Minecraft bought at: [Minecraft.net]

What is allowed/not allowed on Wynncraft?
    You can find what is not allowed on the rules' thread: [Game Rules]
    AFK Farming Amadel(Etc) is not allowed. However, it isn't on the rules because it is a glitch that should be fixed soon. [AFK Farming]

What should I do if I see someone breaking the rules?
    There are multiple ways of reporting a player

• /report - This is an in-game command, type "/report [Player] [Reason]", on the reason if the player is being rude towards other members please provide proof (Uploading an image on an image hosting website such as imgur. - In-game only
    • Report button under each comment - Forums only
    • Player Reports Section - https://forums.wynncraft.com/forums/player-reports.83/
    • @Moderator on Discord
    • PMing a Moderator - This isn't the best way of reporting, but is a possible one
    • If you would like to report a Moderator, PM @Salkasm and @JuicedBananas .

I am banned. What should I do?
    If you are banned you should post an appeal on the [Ban Appeals Section]. PMing mods, spamming Discord profiles will not make the unban process faster. It will only lower your chances of being allowed back into Wynncraft.

Where can I find other people who play Wynncraft?
    You can easily interact with the community on our [Official Discord] or simply talking to other players in-game.

What are the commands?
    You can find every available command here: [Commands]

Does Wynncraft have events?
    Wynncraft has events hosted by the server and events hosted by the community.

Server:
    Large-scale events have this tag [Official Event], you can find Mini-Events here: [Mini-Events Thread]

Community:
    Events hosted by the community have this tag: [Community Event]

What are builds?
    In video game terms, your character's "build" is the arrangement of stat points and/or gear for your character that will allow you to achieve the best results for your playstyle. This only applies to games where it is impossible to max out all your stats, or if you want to stay at a certain level.

What is the best version to play Wynncraft on?
    The most stable version to play on is 1.12.2, however 1.9.x - 1.14.x are also supported.

Web

What is the purpose of each web page that Wynncraft has?
    Wynncraft's Web Pages are:

[Home] - The main page, the easiest page to find on Google. You can find the latest news on the bottom of the page;
    [About] - The basics of Wynncraft;
    [Stats] - Find player, guild and pvp stats. You can find more about the nether on the nether section of this thread;
    [Help] - A mini-wiki. That page has every item, a feature that the wiki doesn't have;
    [Wiki] - How to play Wynncraft, puzzle answers, quest/dungeons guides, storyline etc;
    [Map] - Locate towns, Merchants, Npcs and yourself;
    [Store] - Support the server buying ranks, pets, crates etc;
    [Forums] - Interact with the community, find rules, updates, post discoveries etc. You can find more about the forums' sections below.

What are the forums sections for?
    Forums sections are meant to organize the forums so people can find what they want to read easily.

What should I post in each section?
    Wynncraft has many Forums sections, here is the purpose of them:

[Rules & Information] - The rules, how to join Wynncraft's Team, Wynncraft's Staff list, how to appeal;
    [News] - Updates in-game, on the forums, on Discord, Store. Double-xp weekends;
    [Wynncraft] - Share your discoveries, your story on Wynncraft, create events, guides;
    [Questions] - Ask any Wynncraft-related questions there. Where this thread is;
    [Class Builds] - Share builds created by you, find builds. Note that if you want to buy or sell a build Trade Market is the right section;
    [Trade Market] - Buy, sell or auction items there. Price checks go in the price check thread: [Price Check Thread];
    [General Suggestions] - Suggest new features for Wynncraft game, Discord, forums etc;
    [Feedback] - Talk about an existing feature, something that you love or something that you would like to be different. Please give feedback to moderators here: [Mod Feedback];
    [Featured Wynncraftian Suggestions] Suggest people who deserve the Featured Wynncraftian tag, you can find more about that tag on "Ranks & Applications";
    [Guilds] - Create a guild or an alliance there. You may also find guilds to join there;
    [VIP Plaza] - A section only for people who bought ranks and the team. Memes, where the magic happens;
    [Bug Reports] - If you found a bug on the forums, in-game, on the wiki, website, a bot broken on Discord etc. Report there. QAs handle that section, not moderators;
    [Resolved Issues] - Fixed bug reports/Duplicated bug reports;
    [??? Hunt] - This section used to be for people who wanted to complete the new "???" quest. Now that it has been completed you can use that section to find people to help you with that quest. Other quests stay in Planning Parlour;
    [Your Work] - Share some work that you've created. It may be a Youtube Video, pixel art, map etc;
    [Your Services] - Offer help to someone, may be with quests, bosses etc;
    [The Planning Parlour] - Ask for help with bosses, quests, dungeons, find CSST parties etc;
    [Nemract's Bar] - General conversation, not related to Wynn;
    [Forum Games] - Play forums games;
    [Introduce Yourself] - If you are new on the forums, feel free to talk a bit about yourself there;
    [Minecraft] Related to the Minecraft game, but not Wynncraft;
    [Minecraft News] - Changelogs of new Minecraft updates will be posted there;
    [Other Games] - Talk about games that aren't Minecraft: CS-GO, Overwatch, Cuphead etc;
    [Player Reports] - Report players who break rules there. You can only see your reports;
    [Ban Appeals] - If you are banned appeal there, you can read the How to Appeal thread for help on how to submit a ban appeal: [How to submit a ban appeal]. Ban appeals are private information, you can only read your appeal.
    [HERO Beta Feedback] - There HERO players can report bugs and discuss the 1.17 update.

What are the thread tags for?
    Tags can be added behind the title of sections, they are meant to make it easier for you to find what you want in each section. If you want to buy an item you can read the title of the thread with the [Buying] tag. Clicking on the tag puts you in a "section" of threads with that tag.

How can I edit wiki pages?
    Anyone can edit the wiki. Before doing so please be sure that the information you're writing is correct. If you aren't sure ask other people or don't add it. On top of the right side of pages you can find an "Edit Source" button, clicking there will open the page's code. Please read pages and learn a bit about Mediawiki before editing the wiki.

The Edit button works, but the feature isn't really good. Editing the source is better.

How do I get my rank on the forums?
    First, you need a forums account. Join Wynncraft with that forums account logged in and type "/forums". You should receive your rank after some minutes.

You can't undo that action. That means: You can't remove/edit the account that your forums is using. If you change your name in-game it may not update your In-game name on the forums.

I bought something on the store, but I haven’t received it yet. What should I do?
    Wait 10 minutes after purchasing, leave the server and re-join a game world. If you still haven't received it email "[email protected]". They are the only ones who handle store issues. Please do not chargeback.

How do I know when/if I can claim my monthly crate again?
    If after entering your name the website shows you the checkout page it means that you can claim it again. If it put you back on the main page, it means that you have to wait a bit more to claim it again.

If you are 100% sure that it's an error, email [email protected]

How do forums themes work?
    The themes change the colour and some designs of the forums, you can switch forums themes on the bottom of every page or here: [Switch forums Theme].

How do I change my forums Username?
    This link will redirect you to the page where you can change your username. However, you need to wait 90 days before changing your username again: [Change Username]

Ranks & Applications

What are the ranks on Wynncraft?
    Buyable ranks:
    - $19.99 (Without discounts)
    - 2x Daily Mob Totems
    - Ability to fly and be visible on the lobby
    - Rename pets
    - A message to nearby players on login
    - Secret VIP Forums section + Secret Discord channel
    - [VIP] green tag; Green name
    - Hunter and Knight Reskinned classes (Originally: Archer & Warrior)

- $39.99 (Without discounts)
    - 4x Daily Mob Totems
    - Rename pets
    - [VIP+] aqua tag; Aqua name
    - Every re-skinned class
    - 1x Tier 1 daily crate
    - Access to the Jukebox

- $79.99 (Without discounts)
    - 6x Daily Mob Totems
    - Rename pets
    - [HERO] purple tag; Purple name
    - Every re-skinned class
    - 1x Tier 2 daily crate
    - Access to the Jukebox
    - Access to beta tests

Extra Ranks:
    Featured Wynncraftian is a one to two weeks tag that represents the server's recognition for something influential that a member of the community has done, Wynncraft related. There's a new Featured Wynncraftian every couple of weeks.

Content Team Ranks:
    GMs are the Game Masters. They create part of the content that you see in the game. Specifically, quests, mobs and items.

Builders are the ones who build Wynncraft's map. Including quest areas.

Command blockers create cutscenes, puzzles, minigames, the Seaskipper, the VSS Wavebreaker and other machines that you seen in the game.

Artists create the server's art: The logo, the design of the main page and most of the art that you see around Wynncraft.

The music team creates area's songs using noteblocks. You can see every song available in the game using the Jukebox (A VIP+ and HERO feature).

QAs make sure that the game is playable, that the players can't leave the map, etc. They take care of bugs. Most people think that the QA rank means: "Question Answerer", but it actually means "Quality Assurance".

The Hybrid rank stands for people who have multiple jobs in the Content Team.

Staff Ranks:
    Moderators enforce the rules, help players and stop flamewars. They also make sure everyone has an amazing experience playing Wynncraft.

The support Team handles Wynncraft's support email ([email protected]), they take care of store issues and general questions asked on Wynncraft's email.

The Community Manager creates events, runs the twitter, runs the mod team and act as a bridge between community and admins.

Web developers make sure that the website is working and without bugs.

Admin is the highest rank on Wynncraft. Those have the final decision, they are usually busy and can't interact with the community a lot.

How do I get Featured Wynncraftian?
    There are two ways of becoming a Featured Wynncraftian:

1st - Someone nominates you on the [Featured Wynncraftian Suggestions] section. You can't nominate yourself.

2nd - You are chosen by the staff for doing something influential.

However, this season of FW is over.

How do I join the Content Team?
    The CT ranks that you can apply for are: [GM, Builder & CMD]. The others are hand-picked, or you can only get already being on the Content Team. Here you can find some threads with more information about How to Join the Content Team:

[More info about how to join the Game Master & Builder Teams]
    [More info about how to join the Command Blocker Team]
    [Apply here]

Note that apps can stay on hold/be closed and they'll only be checked once apps are open again.

How do I join the Staff?
    The only staff rank which you can apply for is moderator, the others are hand-picked or hired.

[Moderator Applications]

Note that apps can stay on hold/be closed and they'll only be checked once apps are open again.

Discord

What is Discord?
    Discord is an all-in-one voice and text chat for gamers that's free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. It looks like Skype and TeamSpeak. (but better)

How do I get my rank on Discord?
    Here's a thread will full information about how to get your rank on Discord [Discord Information]. If you followed every step and you didn't receive your rank, try again. If it still doesn't work, tag @Moderator on Discord.

What is each channel for?
    Wynncraft's Discord is organized by channels. Each channel has a topic:

[#rules_and_information] What you can/can't do on Wynncraft's Discord. Useful information about our Discord.
    [#announcements] Wynncraft updates will be posted on Discord.
    [#twitter] A bot linked to Wynncraft's twitter, sends Wynn's Twitter messages.
    [#general] Anything that isn't Wynncraft related. However, memes don't go there.
    [#wynncraft] Wynncraft related conversation. Price checks, questions, boss help don't go there.
    [#questions] Ask questions about the Wynncraft Network, you can tag @Moderator. Price check questions don't go there.
    [#hero_beta] A channel only for HERO players, there they can discuss the 1.17 beta update.
    [#class_builds] Discuss builds there, create new builds, give feedback to other people's builds.
    [#trade_market] Sell, buy items, price check.
    [#planning_parlour] Find people to help you with bosses, quests, puzzles etc.
    [#your_work] Share skins, pixel arts, music (etc) created by you.
    [#bot_channel] Use bots there, if you want to use the Music bot, join a voice channel and a channel called: [#music-voice] or [#real-music-no-memes] will appear. Currently the music bot is Dyno.
    [#memes] Post memes there, NSFW memes are not allowed.
    [#vip_room] Dank memes. Where the magic happens.
    [Private Voice Channels] Once you join a voice channel, a text channel with the suffix "-voice" will appear as the last channel in your list. There you and the people who are in the voice channel can privately send messages.

In-Game

I am stuck, how do I leave?
    This thread: [I am Stuck] is a full guide on what to do if you are stuck.

I lost an item, can I get a refund?
    Unfortunately Wynncraft has a strict no-refund policy, we can't give you items that you lost back.
    If you lost a shop "item", email [email protected]

I am lost, what should I do?
    Wynncraft has a map: [Wynn Map], there you can find quest starter NPCs, merchants, where you are, the name of the locations etc.

I'm getting no resources when gathering.
    Your tool is likely broken or you have other tools of the same type in your inventory. You can repair items by visiting a blacksmith and using scrap.

My texture pack isn't working.
    There is a guide on the forums that helps you on how to fix the texture pack: [Texture pack not working].

What is the complete story of Wynncraft?
    There's an outdated storyline here: [Storyline]. The new storyline hasn't been completely released yet.

Is Wynncraft’s world complete?
    It isn't! The world is always being updated with new quests, mobs, area remakes etc.

What are quests?
    Quests allow you to pursue missions in which you help NPCs around the world. After completing their task the player receives rewards, such as emeralds, experience points and items.

I need help with a quest.
    Here you can find every quest guide/tutorial: [Quest wiki].

The network is down or servers are crashing!
    First, report that to a staff member. The development team will start working on fixing the issue as soon as possible, checking the twitter is a good way to stay updated and to know when the servers are back.

I just came back to Wynncraft after a long break, what changed?
    You can check the last changes and their dates: [Version History].
    Or if you left before the Gavel Expansion, this thread is really useful: [Returning players guide].

What are soul points for?
    Soul points represents the numbers of lives your character has. Each time you die you lose 2 soul points (/kill included). Using a Teleport Scroll also takes 1 soul point from you. Every time you die and you lose soul points, the percentage of you dropping items increase, you can find the current percantage of dropping items that you have if you open your inventory and check the soul points' "description"/lore. You get +1-2 soul points every Minecraft day.

When does the Daily chest reset?
    First, daily chests and crates are different.
    Daily chest is under your skill points and it resets 24 hours after the time you claimed it.
    Crates reset at midnight EST.

Can I keep Pre-Gavel Items?
    You are allowed to keep Pre-Gavel items. However, you can't sell/trade those.

Does Loot Bonus affect loot chests?
    Loot bonus affects loot chests, it increases the quantity of items in the chest. However, it's really nerfed. You will start notice changes only with more than 100% loot bonus.

Classes

How many classes does Wynncraft have, what are they and what's the difference between them?
    Wynncraft has 5 classes:
    You can find everything about them here: https://wynncraft.com/help

What are re-skinned classes?
    Re-skinned classes are VIP only versions of the normal classes, they change the class' name, spell name and spell particles.

Quests

How do you start the Finding the Light quest?
    The dialogue says that you need a [Taproot], but you also need a [Volt Goat Horn] to start that quest. The horn is dropped by the sheep around the forest.

Rayshyroth (Temple of the Legends quest) doesn't want to accept my Sky Vapor.
    You have to bring him [12 Lightdust] too, that can only be discovered reading the quest's dialogue. It isn't on the quest book.

I’m at Yahya’s house (??? quest), the basement won't open even though I’ve thrown every item inside of the hopper.
    If you switch servers after getting the painting, the item breaks and you have to get another one. You can switch servers with the other items though.

Items

Where can I find every armour/weapon available in the game?
    You can use the Wynncraft help page [Official Item Guide], but if it is broken you can use WynnData's system: [Item Guide WynnData].

How can I get a Bob’s Tear, Depressing Items and a Rose?
    You can find Depressing items killing mobs around nesaak (Easy)
    Or you can find them killing mobs around Ragni (Slow)

You can find Bob's Tear killing mobs around Nesaak (Easy)
    Or killing Bob The Zombie who spawns at Ragni (Really hard)

You can find a Rose at this cave: [ X: 545 Y: 57 Z: -1365]

Monsters

Why do mobs have different name colours?

There are 4 mob colours, they "tell" you what the mob will do if you go near it:
    Green Tag - Passive mobs, won't attack you even if you attack them.
    Yellow Tag - Reaction mobs, if you attack them they will become aggressive/have a reaction.
    Red Tag - Aggressive mobs, if you are in their range they will attack you (Mobs' ranges are different from mob to mob).
    Blue Tag - Supportive mobs, they may follow you and attack hostile mobs.

How does Loot Bonus affect mobs?
    Loot bonus doesn't increase the quantity of items that a mob will drop, it will increase the rarity of the items.

Nether

What is the nether?
    The nether is Wynncraft's Pvp Arena, there you can fight against multiple people and get a place on the nether leaderboard: [Nether Leaderboard]

Misc.

What is the refactor?
    Wynncraft's code is really extensive, outdated and confusing code related. The developers are working on remaking the code to make it easier for other developers to understand it, the refactor will also improve current features and make the code more compact. That will allow Wynncraft to hire new developers.

Why were armour skins removed?
    Every time there was a skin update in your character, there was a skin change in the actual skin. Mojang didn't like the system because characters were always changing skins and the feature was heavy for some weak computers, that's why we removed them.

Why were swarms removed?
    Swarms used to cause too much lag, that is why the development team decided to remove them.

Feel free to suggest new questions below. If you have any questions feel free to ask them here too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2020
  2. Chigo_

Chigo_ Famous Adventurer QA HERO Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    hey, thats pretty good!

Sam969 and Pepo like this.
  3. memethyl

memethyl the king of shitposting VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    here's a question:

[​IMG]

4. Chigo_

Chigo_ Famous Adventurer QA HERO Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    wrong way around

IreczeQ and Pepo like this.
  5. Pepo

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm colorblind, sorry. Thanks for the heads up!

6. Xylium

Xylium (SNT) House of Sentinels (Council) Nerd HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    now this is a good question

7. shamos200

shamos200 veteran tag when HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    dont lie

IreczeQ and Xylium like this.
  8. DrakeM1

DrakeM1 101 Archer / Made RPRT / Mayor of Tree Island HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    :)
    Red Tag - Aggressive mobs, if you are in their range they will attack you (Mobs' ranges are different from mob to mob).
    Blue Tag - Defensive mobs. These mobs will not attack you but will attack aggressive mobs.

Pepo likes this.
  9. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    Umm, isn't this wrong? Shouldn't Green and Yellow be switched? (And what about Blue mobs that are allied to the player?)

DrakeM1 likes this.
  10. Jbip

Jbip Summoner of HE, the Forsaken One. QA HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What if I want to report Pretzule, what should I do?

ThomAnn100 likes this.
  11. Cloud Man

Cloud Man Some Random Cloud HERO

Minecraft:
    Great job on the new thread

Pepo likes this.
  12. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    nice

13. WynnChairman

WynnChairman Chairman of Wynn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hahahahaha
    nice meme

14. WynnChairman

WynnChairman Chairman of Wynn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    also is this like completly forbidden? like under no circumstance can you give any pre-gavel stuff to anyone?

15. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW, former leader of Imp and Valk

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Noice

Pepo likes this.
  16. Pepo

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It is, those are old items

17. Kaelan~

Kaelan~ RIP VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you should make stickied threads neon orange with flashing lights

Stag2001 and Pepo like this.
  18. DaveZombee

DaveZombee -0-

Minecraft:
    The answer to "when does the daily chest reset" has a spelling error

Pepo likes this.
  19. Pepo

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    On Sep, 16/17 when I became mod trial I said I was going to update the Faq and I did ;D

Screenshot_20171105-131856.jpg

Yep, I'm going to fix that soon. Thanks!

Kaelan~ likes this.
  20. CookedPelvis

CookedPelvis Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Nice work!

Pepo likes this.