Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Fableds Are More Common Than Legendaries

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Druser, Jan 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you're wondering why prices for Fableds are relatively low, consider that at every single level range, your chance of obtaining a specific Fabled item (per mob drop, loot chest, etc.) is greater than the chance of obtaining a specific Legendary item. In the endgame ranges, the numbers are actually very similar - you're likely to find about as many Nighthawks or Time Rifts as you find Hellstrands or Phoenix Wings or Sagittariuses.

2. Iboju

Iboju absolute swag male CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yikes. So the is the “10 times more rare than legendaries” even true?

3. Tealy

Tealy a businessman of sorts GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I heavily disagree, Ive been lootrunning with a 250% Lb set in SE, Molten Heights, Sky Islands and Corkus. Found 2 bank pages of legendaries, 0 Fableds, 1 Mythic

Fabled prices are low because there are not nearly as many Fableds as there are legendaries, so naturally there is a huge influx of the same Fableds. The more if something there is the less expensive it is.

Can you show your statistics as to how you figured this out?

XxBatman99xX, Th0mas1 and MajorMiner like this.
  4. williamszr98

williamszr98 Cyberpunk 2077 have less bugs than this update VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just like some legendaries, some of the fabled are not worth even picking up because their ID price is too high compared to the price of the item you can sell for on the market.

__Excel, ManWithBoat and Druser like this.
  5. urbymine

urbymine Former Chief of Avicia

Guild:
    True, one of the few lategame fableds that is still worthy of it's tier is timerift, and it's price has been tanking HARD. i stopped picking up anything else simply because it's just a wasted space in my bank.

6. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Officially? Yes. Drop rates are 10x lower on fableds than legendaries

But since there are like 15+ legendaries per fabled in most given level ranges, an individual fabled item will appear more often than an individual legendary.

If anything this speaks more to them needing to add a lot more fableds than anything else

NicBOMB, Gogeta, NITEHAWKX and 3 others like this.
  7. Druser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's my point - there's a bit more than 10 times as many legendaries as there are fableds within each 9-level range in endgame (the ratio is much higher in midgame of course, since the Fableds are more spread out), so at any given time in endgame, your chances of finding e.g. a Nighthawk are about the same as your chances of finding e.g. a Hellstrand.

8. Tealy

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Your chances of finding a SPECIFIC Fabled is greater than finding a specific Legendary, sure. But I wouldnt say that makes Fableds more common than Legendarys. Just because I find more Nighthawks in the market than I do Ethereals doesnt mean Nighthawks drop chance is higher than Ethereal. I understand what your argument is, but I think youre phrasing it poorly. Rather than ‘Fableds are more Common than Legendaries’ it should be along the lines of ‘Finding specific Fableds is more common than finding specific Legendaries’

AlexisPlay likes this.
  9. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Mainly cause most people keep fableds on market whereas most legendaries are just sold to the item buyer

10. Druser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would definitely say that the drop chance of a Nighthawk is greater than the drop chance of, say, Sagittarius.

brokenmotor and Epicness937 like this.
  11. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would expect loot quality probably plays a roll in that as well. Personally I find about 10-20 legendaries on a good run and generally one fabled. I think it's also worth noting that alot of legendary armor can only be found in t3+ chests where as fableds can be found in any.

12. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah. Many people dont ID their legendaries after lootrunning /shrug

Castti likes this.
  13. Minitinipower

Minitinipower just a guy

Minecraft:
    so fables in general aren't more common that legendaries
    it's just that if you want to find a specific weapon, you have a better change doing it while searching for fabled instead of legendaries?

Druser likes this.
  14. Tealy

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I'd say you're wrong, and I'd really like to see how that could be right, and how you figure that.

15. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

I mean, I hope 1.19.3 adds a BUNCH of Fabled items, because atm there are more MYTHICS than Fabled, which is kinda dumb, also there aren't any Fabled weapons yet, which is also dumb

CoolVictor2002 and Epicness937 like this.
  16. Fwap a Durp

Fwap a Durp Stuck at home -.- CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    there are 2 fabled weapons available
    plague staff and deadeye
    but yea they need more fabled weapons. only 2 classes have fabled weapons so far
    I'd imagine they will give Tribal Sanctuary a fabled relik, Challenge of the Blades a fabled dagger and Altar of Sanctification a fabled spear as they fit the theme of the boss altar just like how deadeye is a gun used by Sunrise Canyon boss and plague staff being the staff used by Plague Laboratory boss

17. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

Well the Orange Cybel rewards are still classified as "Legendaries", the Relik is too, so let's hope they change that

18. The_Music_Guy

The_Music_Guy Idk what i am VIP+

Minecraft:
    idk, its like we have allot of more legendary items then fabled, because its like 400/500 legendary items vs like 20 fabled items that are released with 1.19, probably more fabled gets added with 1.20, we just need to be patient for the next update

19. Robbee

Robbee Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Honestly, the system overall needs a change. Even if they add more fabled items, the 10x as rare as legendaries will never be true, as long as their numbers is not equal.
    Maybe change the calculation for the probability to find an item of a certain tier (unique, rare, etc) and in a certain level to something like r * t / n, where:
    r is a constant "rarity value" for this tier.
    t is the number of dropable items in this tier and level-range.
    n is the number of all dropable items in this level range.
    So the chance for an individual item is r / n.

This way, if the varity value of fableds is 10x lower as the one of legendaries, each individual fabled will always be 10 times rarer as each individual legendaries, now matter how many items they add to each tier.
    On the downside, this means that the probability for certain tiers isn't constant anymore, so for example, if tons of uniques get added, the chance of getting a legendary in the same level goes down. But personally, I would find this to be a logical result. If more items get added, the chance to find one of the previous items obviously has to go down or else we would be flooded with stuff. And it is only fair to lower the chances for each individual item in the same way, and not just hurt the items in the same tier as the added one.

20. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

It doesn't take an entire update for the Item Team to cobble together new items, also there are more Mythics than Fableds, which is pretty hilarious, like I expect 50-100 Fableds to have been made in the update plus the patches that come after, we're definitely not waiting a year or more for the IT to write code for a few dozens of items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.