Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Elements

Discussion in 'Questions' started by The WW Wizard, Jan 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The WW Wizard

The WW Wizard Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I'm currently using mage class and I'm wondering what the best element to use is. Like is there a specific element that more mobs are vulnerable to than others or something like that?

2. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    elemenst are pretty balanced

3. xihuanchirenrou

xihuanchirenrou Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Elements/powders really only matter once you can't brute force your way through everything (level ~100+) No element specifically has more mobs that are weak to it. If this question is about the elemental masteries, oh they matter so little lmao. I've seen so many people grab them when they add pretty much no damage, or the added damage doesn't make up for the QoL ability tree nodes that they could've had.

100klemonreimu likes this.
  4. nomythrilskin?

nomythrilskin? jungle fetishes broke my kneecaps

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I beg to differ, in some cases you've gotten all the useful nodes you can get and everything else that's just 1 ability point is basically useless (for example, radiant devotee without reflection or blood moon without soul point regen), and then the elemental masteries are better. Besides, they do help fulfull archetype ability requirements, and are basically necessary for some ability combinations.

5. xihuanchirenrou

xihuanchirenrou Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    No, I meant that purposely grabbing like all 5 masteries when you do have the ap to grab some of those QoL nodes is dumb. I recognize the need for cheap archetype points, but that is a different case than what I meant, which was not properly articulated.

6. 100klemonreimu

100klemonreimu Poison Warrior Supermacy

Minecraft:
    For normal mage players just get all skill points (ETWFA)
    - Strength and Dexterity are crucial for damage, since they stack, it is the best to get similar amounts of them.
    - Intelligence skill is absolutely useless once you hit late game, but gears that reequire intelligence have ids that benefits the mage a lot (water damage%, raw spell damage, mana regen and steal) and you also need intelligence to wear rainbow items.
    - Defense skill significantly improves your survivability. It prevents you from the risk of getting instakilled and since you are mage you can heal. Extra damage taken from negative elemental defenses ignore defense skill, so try to not let them be negative(0 is ok, no need to get high ele defs)
    - Agility skill by itself is inferior to defense because it can't ensure protection from instakill (you may get unlucky and have them not proc) and since it does not stack with defense, all-in defense/agility usually provides more ehp. However, you should still get agility because it can reduce knockback and like water items, air items' walk speed and raw spell damage are really useful.

You don't need to use a rainbow wand(cascade) but it is not a bad choice.
    You don't need to pick a certain element just to counter.

For elemental masteries on the ability tree. Don't intentionally take them unless you are melee mage, which is basically dead because spell riftbender is better at meleeing unless you stand very far away.

7. nomythrilskin?

nomythrilskin? jungle fetishes broke my kneecaps

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well in earlygame the raw boost is actually pretty strong and can greatly increase your damage, and you don't have the skill points nor the mana regen to use spells, so they're actually quite good
    Then it becomes less and less useful until like level 70 where it's basically not worth getting them for the damage though, so I do agree that getting all 5 especially at higher levels is generally a waste of ap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.