Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Ehtycscythe

Discussion in 'Featured Wynncraftian Suggestions' started by CringeAura, Oct 1, 2017.

?

Should EHTYCSCYTHE be the next FW?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CringeAura

CringeAura Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    @EHTYCSCYTHE, re-creator of the amazing Wynn Expansion, is my nominee for Featured Wynncraftian.

It's truly amazing how Wynn Expansion impacts Wynncraft each and every day. No other mods in our lifetimes have had the impact on Wynncraftians that Expansion has. Nothing else has become so essential or put so much power into so many Wynncraftians' computer than Expansion. Expansion was built to improve a Wynncraftian's life in such a powerful and magical way that the mod virtually feels like a part of Wynncraft. Over the past four months, Scythe utilized numerous technologies to create just that experience.

Influenced by Enhanced, the first portion of the mod's life, originating from @SHsuperCM, forever changed how we interact with Wynncraft.
    • The Quest Tracker allowed us to know what needs to be done without physically needing to check the quest book.
    • The Item Naming tells us what an item is without needing to pick it up and checking your inventory.
    Now ran by Scythe, he further revolutionizes how we play.
    • Item Locking prevents locked items from being dropped by the player in question.
    • Player Highlighting lets us quickly know our relation to another person and where they are on-screen.
    • Announcements let us know when a legendary or mythical item is dropped around us.
    Over the past four months, Scythe pushed forward with innovation, after innovation, after innovation, bringing us to the day we are all familiar with today. When now, we can play on Wynncraft more intelligently and more capable than ever before.

I'd like to nominate Scythe, re-creator of the famous Wynn Expansion, as our next Featured Wynncraftian!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Slayne, Dr Zed, Tisaun and 20 others like this.
  2. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    add a poll please

GaryIsAdopted and CringeAura like this.
  3. dukioooo

dukioooo Creator of WynnData HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes, he deserve this. I could not play without his mod :D

Dr Zed, Agnar, BumblebeeRDM and 6 others like this.
  4. Kirdow

Kirdow Byteful Coder CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    But... I remember releasing these features on October 8 2016 in Wynncraft Enhanced after working 12 hours a day for months getting it done. And then half a year later people start copying our features, and take credits for the ideas to themselves. I usually haven't minded these things as something to care about but this post. You literally go out to tell indirectly that they made the work on their own and that they thought that they would improve the experience and came up with these ideas. While it's true that it improves their experience with wynncraft it's not true that they came up with the features. Since all of the features in our mod is implemented in Expansion and when we had no more features for them to reimplement their features started slowing down. You might not see this but beeing the only developer of Enhanced knowing I've implemented all these features during summer/fall 2016 with release at that time, even delaying school to care about the community, I know that these features were in our modpack to begin with.

Sure that's how development work in this world, people borrow from each other. And I'm fine with that. I know that's a normal thing and people usually accept it. I could move on and not think about it. But when someone make posts stating the one that was "inspired" by us made the "borrowed" content on their own just to promote the newer mod I kind of feel that I'm not comfortable with the situation. I agree that Expansion impacts Wynncraft each and every day. I agree that is has an essential part in wynncraftians life on wynn and I agree that it's a nice experience. But I do also know that this were also a thing long before expansion even was released, in our modpack, but yet people copy our mod, and then blame us for caring about what's right for us.

5. Kaelan~

Kaelan~ RIP VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    He doesn't really do much tho...

upload_2017-10-1_11-43-3.png

Attached Files:

Dr Zed and orange0404 like this.
  6. dukioooo

dukioooo Creator of WynnData HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    so only people who post on forums deserve to be featured wynns?

7. orange0404

orange0404 corkus is actually here HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    what i do know is that he is a memgod/lurker, hes a very busy person as wells

EHTYCSCYTHE and CringeAura like this.
  8. AkwardZebra

AkwardZebra Sole Creator of Wynn Expansion

Minecraft:
    He is lazy, but deserves it. <--(I added a period because he complained it wasn't a full sentence, see true dedication.)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Agnar, BumblebeeRDM, Suitup27 and 7 others like this.
  9. dollys

dollys salt queen HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    scythe is my boy and from getting to know him you can tell that he truly cares about the quality of the game for players. he listens to player input and improves to fit their suggestions and feedback. above all hes a rad dude and is super nice, humble, and helpful. just because he doesnt post much on the forums does not mean he doesnt deserve the award so pls give it to this nerd.

10. Love

Love Silence is Serene HERO

Minecraft:
    I've said this a few times before on other posts about his mod, but EHTYCSCYTHE has put a lot of time and effort into making his mod. I've been in group calls where everyone's playing on Wynn and he's just in the background working on the mod and trying to put in as many requests people have had for the mod as he can. Even if you've never personally talked to this guy, he's helped so many have a different experience on Wynn through the tools he's provided. Not only does his mod cater to quest goers, but item grinders, guilds, and even provides an alert system to prevent you from losing items from bugs like the skill points popping off armor and accessories. Outside of the mod, EHTYCSCYTHE is one of the most kind hearted people I've met on Wynn. When people are rude or pushy I've never seen him react out of anger or spite, and this is something we should all strive to do. He's a great guy and a great role model.

Dr Zed, BumblebeeRDM, Lot and 11 others like this.
  11. TimeMC

TimeMC Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    i agree he helped me find my mythics

12. Nesaak

Nesaak Good boy HERO

Minecraft:
    Yes please

EHTYCSCYTHE, dollys and CringeAura like this.
  13. PurpleK4ktus

PurpleK4ktus Travelled Adventurer

wynn expansion>all

14. Agnar

Agnar hot af HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I completely agree. Wynn Expansion is great, and so is EHTSCYTHE. I had the pleasure of meeting him in game, he's a great person, as well as mod designer! Definitely should be the next FW in my opinion!

15. LadoSakou

LadoSakou Skilled Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes is a good idéa

EHTYCSCYTHE and CringeAura like this.
  16. Thega

Thega ```Interesting flavour text``` CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree with @Kirdow. Although he made it a mod, every little thing that you praise him for on this thread was not his idea. It was someone elses. Yes, he did a good job, no, he wasn't the first one to implement the features into minecraft. That was @Kirdow and @ThaUnknown_ with Wynn Enhanced. And it wasn't them that came up with the ideas even. It was the community, in general suggestions. And @EHTYCSCYTHE is not going to be the top.
    The intent of Wynn Enhanced, at least, was to prove to the creators of wynncraft that the features were codeable and to encourage them to implement at least some, if not all of them. If we give just a single person, one of the most famous FW, then what about the others?

What about @thatswhatido for coming up with the idea of item locks?
    What about the many people that suggested a party UI?
    What about @Cookiezzzzzzz for suggesting item labels?
    Or @ClumsyRecon for Mythic drop warnings?
    A whole lot of people in the community have spent time and effort on making wynn great, and I suggest that just because he is the latest, @EHTYCSCYTHE does not nessacarily deserve FW.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  17. Thega

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Fixed up my first post.

18. dollys

dollys salt queen HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    even though scythe did not come out with the first mod i believe he should still be recognized for his efforts for the community. the whole game of “firsts” and “stealing” is complete bs and really shouldn’t be a factor in scythes nomination. he still spent his time and efforts trying to give features to wynn players that tons of players rely on to play the game. he gave credit where credit was due but just because he made a wynn mod does not mean he stole it. just like how when people make wynn art they are not “stealing” the original wynn art, they are simply using their own talents to provide for the community which should be rewarded. it is so tiring seeing the same argument that scythe doesn’t deserve it because it wasn’t his original idea. we all know. he literally said it builds off of wynn expansion. pls stop milking it. next topic please.

AkwardZebra and CringeAura like this.
  19. Thega

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I never said that he didn't deserve it, I said that if he deserves it, then he deserves it equally with the others who helped him, mostly indirectly. My problem was that all that the OP credited him for, @Kirdow and @ThaUnknown_ had already assembled it, and assembled it fully before him.

20. dollys

dollys salt queen HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah but that’s still playing the “firsts” card which is so childish. wynn expansion is different from enhanced so while there was a wynn mod, scythes mod is not that exact one. he worked hard on it. he gave credit. this post does not undermine the efforts put in by kirdow or unknown but rather celebrates scythes efforts and is not directed towards anything he may have used from their original mod. but then again this is not their thread. if you believe that they should be fw then make threads for them. this is a thread for scythe and ill be damned if he doesn’t deserve it. featured wynncraftian should not be a competition but rather a reward for players that try hard to help others and by constantly comparing nominees to other players it feels like it is unnecessarily turning into a competition. i know the drama between mods is (rather one sidedly) intense but let’s just take a chill pill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.