Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Double Xp For Vip Feedback!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Salted, Dec 4, 2015.

?

What should we do?

1. Bring back double XP for VIPs

2. Bring back double XP for VIPs but reduce the XP bonus

3. Make it so VIPs receive a pet allowing them to share the double XP with players nearby

4. Don't bring back double XP

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Yo people! We had some discussions internally about VIP and VIP+ and we need some community feedback on what we should do.

As you may know, we used to give double XP for VIP before the great EULA™ incident, preventing servers from selling any gameplay changing features for money.

After the changes, a lot of servers saw a decrease in their revenues, Wynncraft included. We still, thankfully, make enough to sustain the servers and pay for our employees. However, we aren't making mad money and are somewhat close to breaking even every months.

Now, one of our idea to help with this problem was to maybe bring back VIP double XP. But of course, the community goes first and we want you guys' opinion. So here's are our ideas:

1. Bring back Double XP for VIP.
    2. Bring back Double XP but reduce it to maybe 1.5x XP bonus.
    3. Give VIP a ''golden sheep'' type pet that can be spawn/despawned, giving an XP boost to everyone within 50 or so blocks from it.
    4. Not bring back double XP

Another idea was to also bring back attacking pets. So here are the options for that too:

1. Bring back attacking pets (dealing a % of your damage to mobs nearby)
    2. Make pets pick up items on the ground for you instead
    3. Not bring back attacking pets

Now you might say ''But Salted! This breaks the EULA!'' and... yea, it does for some of those choices. This is why it is such a hard decision. Because on one side, we'd love to side with Mojang's plan, but on the other side we aren't a server with 40k players, our revenues are much smaller than say, Hypixel or Mineplex. We don't have the money to hire developpers to make hundreds of cosmetic things for our paying users. We'd prefer to put this effort into the game itself, for everyone to enjoy.

So, what do you guys think? Let us know in the poll or the comments. Let us know too what XP bonus would fit better, if not 2x or 1.5x. Let us know too if you have any other ideas!

- Salted

2. Lotem

Lotem Ex-Moral supporter in the official Wynncraft CT™ HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    YEEEEE HYPE

3. sorae

sorae drifting VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    THE DREAM IS HAPPENING

Also, I'd like to have a golden sheep pet that gives an XP bonus to people around it.

4. Troll4ever31

Troll4ever31 Designed to be a moron.

I'd say the golden sheep is the best solution.

RemiDaYeen, Luxyi, SaltedsMum and 2 others like this.
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix The Legend VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    YAY. Finally ;D

6. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    YES OH YES YES YES IVE WAITED FOR THIS PLEASE I NEED TO LEVEL UP I MEAN THE SHEEP PET SOUNDS COOL BUT PLEASE I REALLY WANT DIS IM A POOR VIP+ THAT CANT DO /FORUM AND I NEED TO LEVEL UP FORM 54 ITS KILLING OH PLEASE

7. Hajri

Hajri of Arabia HERO

Minecraft:
    Well lets see

1. Will bring back 2 xp for Vips which is agains Eula and might anger the normal non doners which might bring a few problems.

2. Will bring back 1.5 xp for vips but less than what it was before Eula, but still it will bring the same results as number one.

3. Bring A Pet that gives double xp Is the most I agree on as it can help both vips and non vips however it still breaks Eula rules.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  8. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, the sheep seems like the most fair solution.

9. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    Well, I suppose the Golden Sheep would be the best option. I wonder how many fights will happen over it...

Grimmcat and CheesePrince13 like this.
  10. ExpiredBL

ExpiredBL The Bombing Ninja HERO

Minecraft:
    The golden sheep sounds like a great addition, however just like the silverfish/creeper (or any other pet) if it was possible to ride it then it might end up becoming a hindrance when using abilities.
    The idea for pets that fight would be nice to see again, It gives a reason for actually buying the pets in the store again, instead of the xp bombs etc.

However I have a question on if the bombs would combine with the sheep, would it then become x3 or would it make the sheep useless?
    The same would go for if it was just the bonus to VIP/VIP+ being brought back, would xp bombs make it x3 or just cancel it out?

Alexandress likes this.
  11. Grvphene

Grvphene Wiki guru VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like the pets that pick up items, because my inventory always gets full of useless potions and junk items when I grind. Maybe they could pick those up and leave the armor, weapons and emeralds on the ground for you. I am skeptical about the xp boost sheep, because it would technically mean constant xp boost for everyone since there are so many VIPs. I have a better idea that would even comply with the EULA I hope: add a golden sheep disguise that activates an XP boost area around the VIP player, but prevents them from attacking so it would be a purely selfless thing to do like item bombs for example. Those XP boost donators could still gain XP by being in a party though.

12. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    To answer some questions:
    - The golden sheep would still allow you to spawn your other pets
    - We'd fix the riding thing and you wouldn't be able to ride the sheep.
    - Mixed with an XP bomb, the bonus would become x3. It'd even go to x4 if a double XP weekend is happening at the same time.

13. Paladin A'renos

Paladin A'renos High Grand Master of the Ordo Malleus HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    finally i will not have to grind, for endless years to level up ;-; its like a dream come true, praised be the Bovines!

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  14. Recku

Recku The lord of the ducks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Although I'm VIP I don't really like the idea... That's not fair for everyone...

Just open a Donation page like patreon.

mothwolf likes this.
  15. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten The Greatest HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Honestly, I'd choose 4).
    I want everyone to have equal chances,
    although I know Wynncrafts income would increase...

16. TurtleTheSeawing

TurtleTheSeawing That dragon that's studying magic HERO

Minecraft:
    Dude, the #3 choice for the X2 XP would make it fair. They're doing this because they need more income, and they saw a boom in income when they had VIP's old upgrades. It's not really something that they have too much of a choice on. And really, people that do Patreon give rewards for paying, and all that. So really it wouldn't help much, because the majority of people don't pay for something, if they don't get something in return. Saying that is kind of counteracting your statement on it not being fair, so really, it's just saying "do it anyways"

17. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    1 and 2 aren't allowed, and 4 won't give you enough money, so I don't think you needed the poll...

18. Grian

Grian Map designer, Content MD & Wynncraft founder Media GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    Except people can donate to us through normal store purchases.

We barely break even with that. "just open a patreon" isn't going to help us.

19. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten The Greatest HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The EULA, at the moment, isn't enforced.
    Also, sadly, no one really cares...

20. Oh_Yeah_MrKrabs

Oh_Yeah_MrKrabs Bird Wizard VIP+

Minecraft:
    Will Sheep XP stack? So for examle

Grian, Salted and Jumla are in party. Salted and Grian are both donors (sorry Jumla) and both spawn the sheep, does the party get times 3-4 xp or just x2 xp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.