Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Custom Ability Tree Tutorial!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ChrisWildfire, Nov 22, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisWildfire

ChrisWildfire Wild and On Fire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey, y'all! I'm Chris, and I'm quite known for my ability suggestions. If you want to check out my work, then check out my signature! However, this post ain't about that.

Have you ever wanted to create your own abilities like these?
    or maybe you want to experiment with the ability tree's layout?
    I'm here to teach y'all how to make these babies!

linebreaklinebreaklinebreaklinebreaklinebreaklinebreaklinebreak

Part 1: Installing the Resource Pack
    this is very important

The first thing you need to make these custom stuff is to install the official Wynncraft Resource Pack!

You can learn how to do just that from this post. I've also attached the resource pack at the end of the post if following the tutorial isn't going well for you. I'll be uploading a new file whenever I update the resource pack that I personally use!

We'll be making these custom ability tree layouts in our own single-player world, so make sure to create one before we start!

Part 2: The Stone Axes
    wait what stone axes

Once you have installed the resource pack, then you can start making your own ability tree layout in your own single-player world! Before I show y'all how to do that, let's look at the ability tree first.

This is what your usual ability tree page layout looks like:
    atreepage wrp.png

Got a good look? Great! Now let's remove the texture pack and see how it would look like:
    atreepage norp.png

That's right, the ability tree is made of differently-textured stone axes! (and some golden shovels but more on that later)

To get the different ability tree icons, you modify the stone axe's durability. We can give ourselves a stone axe with a set durability by using this command:
    By changing the Damage value, we can get different ability tree icons. Here's all the 92 different icons you can get from stone axes:
    Damage: 1-54
    stone axe 1.png

Damage: 55-92
    stone axe 2.png

With these different icons, you can create your own ability tree layout by arranging these items in a double chest!

Part 3: Ability Tree Background
    heck yea

With stone axes alone, you can pretty much create your own ability tree layout. However it will look something like this:
    atreepage nobg.png

It doesn't look quite right! That's because we're missing the background. This is where the golden shovels come in!

Similar to the ability tree icons, the ability tree's background are made of differently-textured golden shovels.

Here is the command you can use to get these custom items:
    The background is made of four golden shovels with different Damage values (28-31), and they are placed in the player inventory!

Here's how they're arranged:
    atreebg norp.png

And this is how it would look like with the resource pack:
    atreebg wrp.png

That's right, the navigation buttons and the archetype icons are also placed in the player inventory!

Together with a double chest with an ability tree page layout, here's what it would look like:
    atreepage sample.png

Beautiful, right?

Part 4: Ability Descriptions
    this is the best part

Now that you can make your own ability tree layout, it's time to make your own ability descriptions!

Here's a sample of a custom ability:
    ability sample.png

The name of the ability would be the name of the item, while the whole ability description would be the item's "lore".

To make your own custom ability, I recommend using a minecraft item generator! Here's what a command would look like:
    /give @p stone_axe{Unbreakable:1,Damage:59,display:{Name:'[{"text":"Solar Aegis","italic":false,"bold":true,"color":"red"}]',Lore:['[{"text":"","italic":false}]','[{"text":"Holding shift and casting ","italic":false,"color":"gray"},{"text":"War Scream","underlined":true},{"text":" will spend","underlined":false},{"text":"","underlined":false,"color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"60%","italic":false,"color":"white"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"of","color":"gray"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"Sacred Surge","color":"aqua"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"✧ ","color":"gold","bold":true},{"text":"to engulf you in holy","color":"gray","bold":false}]','[{"text":"flames that protects ","italic":false,"color":"gray"},{"text":"allies and deals damage","italic":false,"color":"gray"}]','[{"text":"every","italic":false,"color":"gray"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"1s","color":"white"},{"text":". (15s Cooldown)"},{"text":"","color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"(Self-damage for 5% of your DPS)","italic":false,"color":"dark_gray"},{"text":"","italic":false,"color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"(Shift + War Scream again to cancel)","italic":false,"color":"dark_gray"},{"text":"","italic":false,"color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"","italic":false,"color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"Once this ability ends, heal for ","italic":false,"color":"gray"},{"text":"+2%","color":"white"},{"text":" of your"},{"text":"","color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"max health for every ","italic":false,"color":"gray"},{"text":"1s","color":"white"},{"text":" "},{"text":"Solar Aegis","underlined":true},{"text":" has lasted.","underlined":false},{"text":"","underlined":false,"color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"","italic":false,"color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"⚔","italic":false,"color":"red"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"Total Damage:","color":"gray"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"300%","color":"white"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"(of your DPS)","color":"dark_gray"},{"text":"","color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":" (","italic":false,"color":"dark_gray"},{"text":"✣","color":"gold"},{"text":" Damage: 240%)"},{"text":"","color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":" (","italic":false,"color":"dark_gray"},{"text":"✹","color":"red"},{"text":" Fire: 60%)"},{"text":"","color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"","italic":false,"color":"yellow"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"Effect:","color":"gray"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"20%","color":"white"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"Resistance Bonus (","color":"gray"},{"text":"❁","color":"green"},{"text":") to Allies","color":"gray"},{"text":"","color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"☀","italic":false,"color":"dark_aqua"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"Area of Effect:","color":"gray"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"8 Blocks","color":"white"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"(Circle-Shaped)","color":"gray"},{"text":"","color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"⌛","italic":false,"color":"light_purple"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"Duration:","color":"gray"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"30s","color":"white"},{"text":"","color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"","italic":false,"color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"Unlocking will block:","italic":false,"color":"red"},{"text":"","italic":false,"color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"-","italic":false,"color":"red"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"Bak\'al\'s Grasp","color":"gray"},{"text":"","color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"","italic":false,"color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"Paladin Archetype","italic":false,"color":"aqua","bold":true},{"text":"","italic":false,"color":"dark_purple","bold":false}]','[{"text":"","italic":false,"color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"✔","italic":false,"color":"green"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"Ability Points:","color":"gray"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"2","color":"white"},{"text":"","color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"✔","italic":false,"color":"green"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"Required Ability:","color":"gray"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"Sacred Surge","color":"white"},{"text":"","color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"✔","italic":false,"color":"green"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"Min Paladin Archetype:","color":"gray"},{"text":" ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"12","color":"white"},{"text":"","color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"","italic":false,"color":"dark_purple"}]','[{"text":"You already unlocked this ability","italic":false,"color":"yellow"}]']},HideFlags:63} 1

To get your own command block, simply type this command in chat:
    There's also a lot of special characters Wynncraft uses for stuff like status effects, elemental conversions, and the different stats of an ability. Here's a list of these characters:
    ✺ Mana
    ⚔ Damage/Damage Bonus
    ✣ Neutral
    ✤ Earth
    ✦ Thunder
    ❉ Water
    ✹ Fire
    ❋ Air

(shield emoji) Effect
    ☀ Area of Effect
    ➸ Range
    ⌛ Duration (you can also use ⬤ for a fancier-looking hourglass, but you'll need the resource pack)

✾ Resistance
    ❁ Resistance Bonus
    ✃ Resistance Shred
    ⬤ Slowness (needs the resource pack)
    ➡ Walk Speed
    ⬣ Blindness (needs the resource pack)

✜ Marked
    ≈ Winded
    ⚕ Blood Pool
    ۞ Tethered
    ❥ Lured
    ⁂ Clones
    ✧ Sacred Surge
    ♚ Awakened
    ❤ Overhealth/Luring
    ⚙ Discombobulated
    ⌚ Timelocked

✔ check
    ✖ cross

You already unlocked this ability

Ability descriptions follow a specific format, but I'll let y'all figure that out for yourselves! If you want to see how my custom ability descriptions look like, then check out my signature!

That's all! If you find this post cool or incredibly useful, then give the post a like! If I missed any important detail, then feel free to tell me in the comments!

Good luck and have fun making your own abilities, y'all!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
  2. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This looks really cool! I will probably never do this kinda thing but its fun to learn how the beautiful graphics work and how to do it yourself

3. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It takes a lot of effort, but I personally find it fun to make a lot of custom abilities!

I'm glad you like the post, man!

4. Endistic

Endistic Acolyte Enjoyer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    thank you for this :pray:
    not me personally but people in the future
    i had to try to figure this all out myself for wynnrec (and lets say i did a mediocre job!)

also finally someone else who knows the arts

5. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    mmm yes we must spread this art form it is very important

FelixTape, Endistic and KaiserSpin like this.
  6. Mardeknius

Mardeknius Architect of the Realm Item Team HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    chris you are amazing and incredible tysm

ChrisWildfire likes this.
  7. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    omg mardek are you about to make a heck ton of custom abilities

8. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Step 2 in Ability Reworks Inc.'s plan for world domination has been crossed off.

hmtn, Elysium_ and ChrisWildfire like this.
  9. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you know it. soon enough the world will be remade in my image

BethJerry, hmtn, Elytry and 1 other person like this.
  10. Elytry

Elytry Causer of Destruction, Bringer of Chaos VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks! Time to add some symbols!

ChrisWildfire likes this.
  11. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    believe it or not I actually made this post cuz I saw your abilities don't got the custom symbols

FelixTape and Elytry like this.
  12. Elytry

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Also this is the generator I've been using: Minecraft : Give Command Generator : Gamer Geeks

p.s. join the flags.

luckeyLuuk and ChrisWildfire like this.
  13. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh dang me too

k

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
    FelixTape likes this.
  14. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You're exposing the magic trick

15. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    we enter a new era: an era of magic

16. Elytry

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Anyone who watched Salted's 2.0 announcement stream could've figured out the stone axes though.

17. Sir_Doomed

Sir_Doomed Can't think of anything to put here

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Or turned the resource pack off ig

Elytry likes this.
  18. Elytry

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh yea lol

19. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Tiny update: I added the Blindness symbol to the post!

20. Sir_Doomed

Sir_Doomed Can't think of anything to put here

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Did you create a new ability purely to showcase this thread? Because that ability actually looks kinda fun.
    Very cool thread though, hopefully more people will make abilities now.

100klemonreimu and ChrisWildfire like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.