1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

General/Misc. Cosmetic "scrap Rewards" Button Does Nothing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tech_Bandit, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Tech_Bandit

Tech_Bandit Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    First thing to note- I have skimmed through the first 10 pages of Resolved Issues and the Frequently Reported Bugs and have not seen a single duplicate, so I think I have a special case here.

Now on to the actual bug. Its fairly simple, clicking the "Scrap Rewards" button does not work as intended. Upon clicking it once, the button simply pops back into place. No menu opens up. I can click the button a second time, but this time I can drag it around my inventory and even see it in my hand if I put it in my hotbar. Its a ghost item at this point in time, as it will vanish upon updating it and other players cannot see it in my hand. A gif of this behavior is attached.

My best guess at why this is happening: The menu most likely fails to load because of the sheer amount of "scrappable" items I have. I don't really play Wynn anymore, but I log in every single day to get my daily crate. I don't usually scrap my cosmetic inventory for months at a time, and last time I did the menu for scrapping had some incredibly buggy behavior. I will also attach screenshots of all the cosmetic pages so you can get an idea of how many scrappable items I have.

Since this seems to be an isolated issue that is likely difficult to debug, I'm guessing this issue won't be fixed for quite some time. Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope it was helpful. I'll be checking back here the next few days in case you need more info or have something for me to try.

Imgur Link for gif/screenshots:
    https://imgur.com/a/QAzHieq

2. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. QA Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey! This is a strange issue, are you using any mods that might be causing this?

3. Tech_Bandit

Tech_Bandit Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Aha! I was running vanilla minecraft 1.14.4, but your comment gave me an idea. I connected with 1.12.2 and I can now open the menu! It is quite a strange issue, but at least it has somewhat of a fix. Perhaps it has something to do with 1.14 refusing to load the crazy large menu created by the Scrap Rewards button. I attached a screenshot of what the menu looks like with the smallest GUI scale.

Attached Files: