1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Connection Issues Connection Dropping

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Evanator2437, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Evanator2437

Evanator2437 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I've been playing Wynncraft a decent bit over the last few days, and pretty regularly the connection will completely drop, I'll still be in game but everything will freeze and stop being interactable. Can't cast spells, spawn horses, see any particles, etc. The only solution then is to disconnect from the server and reconnect, which fixes it temporarily until it happens again. I tried waiting for it to fix itself but even if it eventually does for a few seconds it will then immediately freeze up again.

I've never had this issue before in my many years of playing Wynncraft, so I did multiple internet checks to see if the issue was on my side. I've checked my internet while the game was frozen and my internet was functioning just fine, I also have the same issue using other sources of internet as well (both public and private), so this is definitely a problem with Wynn's servers and not my connection to them.

Addition info: Playing from Pennsylvania USA, issue occurs both at peak and low play-times. I connected to a wi-fi hotspot that was 30 minutes away from my home and had the same problem, so this server issue is effecting at least a 20-something mile stretch of area (some of which is in a highly developed area). Disconnecting and Reconnecting immediately solves the issue however it will inevitably occur again. Longest time I've gone without having to restart is maybe 35 minutes, but it's happened to me immediately after logging in as well (under 1 minute from joining a world to the game freezing)

I have no clue what's going on and knowing how Wynn is with connection issues I doubt this will be fixed anytime soon, but figured I'd make the issue known. If you're another player reading this and having the same issue, please leave a comment or something with any useful info so figure out more about the issue.