Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Build Complete Housing Plot Concept

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Specialcityman, Mar 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Specialcityman

Specialcityman Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Specialcityman´s Housing
    Yesterday i published a post on twitter where i showed my housing which is finished since a short time. After that I got a lot of positive feedback so I thought I would make a separate forum thread to present it to you in more detail.

First I want to show you a picture of the complete housing so you can get a first impression. After that I will go through some "highlights" of the housing and explain some things about it and why I did it that way.

[​IMG]

Preface
    To begin with, I would like to say a few general things about housing. When I saw in the 1.20 changelog that housing is coming to Wynncraft I was very happy. I have always loved to build and wanted to show the community what I can do, since no one knows me here. When the beta finally came out I started to prebuild the housing, so that I only have to dismantle the whole thing at the release. But this turned out to be harder than I thought.
    Since the most important thing in a good housing is a good terrain began here already the first problem. I do not get along at all with WorldEdit, so I asked a friend for help. He built me the terrain and helped with several things. Without him it would never have turned out so well. When we finally finished the housing, I just had to wait for the release. During the time I have looked at the block merchant more closely and found that several blocks are not available that we have used.
    Even common blocks like carpets were not to be found, so I made a forum thread in the hope that we at least get a little more blocks. In a later hotfix a number of blocks that I had mentioned in the thread came into the store I was immediately hyped again and could hardly wait.
    Then I noticed a problem which I still do not understand and is not fixed. The trapdoor. There is nothing that I think is more buggy and weird than trapdoors. On Wynncraft they had a very limited use. you couldn't even fold them down in the beginning. So far, the vanilla trapdoors are by far better than the ones on Wynncraft. You can't leave them alone or place several together.
    Also, while building the housing, I kept finding several new bugs or ideas of what might be missing.
    All in all it was not an easy way but to have made it is amazing!

Grinding
    One of the biggest surprises for me was the underestimation of the materials. I spent many hours farming resources and still I am almost broke due to my housing. So if you want to build a big housing you either have to spend a lot of time farming or spend a lot of money. Just a little warning.

Entrance
    I wanted to have an entrance where you have the feeling you come into your own world. You walk through it and afterwards you think to yourself "wow!" I think I managed that well with the two statues and the terrain.

[​IMG]

Market
    I wanted to keep the market in the Wynncraft style. That's why I got a little inspiration from one of my favorite cities Cinfras. After I knew the style I only had to place the NPC and crafting stations so that it looks natural. This was easily done by decorating the market stalls. When the Emerald Merchant was added in a later update, I had to add him as well, so it looks like he was always planned in.

[​IMG]

Forge
    From the beginning it was clear to me that I wanted to put the blacksmith with the weapon- and armor crafting station in a forge. I just did not know exactly how I wanted to do it because I generally had no plan how my housing should look like. Now I am even happier that the forge has become so good

[​IMG]

Statue/Center
    My friend had the idea to base the center a bit on Stonehenge. I found the idea ingenious and agreed directly. He first put one of the statues from the entrance in the middle, where I was not 100% satisfied from the beginning. Then I had the idea to put a small statue of my Minecraft skin there, so that you also know who owns the housing. I wanted to present the finished housing to the public since the beginning of the construction.

[​IMG]

Tower
    The tower was created when I was still missing something at the end of a long way. I mean you can not run around the whole housing and then ends at a cliff without anything. So I built a tower, so that you at least have something to explore at the end of a long journey. In addition, you have a small vantage point to recognize possible enemies in time.

[​IMG]

The House
    The house is one of my absolute highlights on the whole Housing. I think it fits with the style very well to the complete server but also to my housing. Since I find it all the more surprising that I recycled the house. The house was created about a year ago, but I still find it very good, so I was very happy to reuse it. Unfortunately, I had to rebuild it in some places, because I had used some blocks that are not available on Wynncraft.

[​IMG]

End
    I hope you liked the thread about my housing/generally the housing. Maybe i could give some of you some tips or ideas and increase your motivation to build something beautiful​

Sonick, HalfCat_, ZockerCam and 34 others like this.
  2. Hams

Hams Content Team Manager CT Manager Support Team Community Manager Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    This is actually pretty awesome! Good job on that island ^^

3. Ingo

Ingo Class Building Enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Really nice housing island!

Specialcityman likes this.
  4. ExertKarma

ExertKarma Waiting for mythics to drop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This looks really amazing, it's also somewhat similar to what I had in mind for my own plot too, so I guess it gives me an idea of the grind ahead of me.

5. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Holy cow, this turned out incredible!

6. Potatomancer

Potatomancer Budget Wither

Minecraft:
    Legit could be a town if bigger

7. Olinus10

Olinus10 Wynntuber, Quest Guider & Let's Player Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is awesome! I wish I could show my house but I'm keeping it secret for now, but wow such inspiration :))

8. ReneCZ

ReneCZ Rene Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    looks awesome :D

9. Croissant

Croissant emo loser VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Looks amazing!

10. hirotoy0

hirotoy0 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    how have i not seen this. please open the plot and afk on it sometime, i would love to check it out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.