1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Helper Information

Discussion in 'Rules & Information' started by AfroSnail, Sep 3, 2020.

1. AfroSnail

AfroSnail pants or no pants? VIP+ QA Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hi there!

Here you’ll find various links and information regarding The Community Helpers Initiative.

What is a Community Helper?
    A Community Helper at Wynncraft is not the same as a Helper role at other networks.
    Community Helpers will be helping the community with various questions and issues.

The questions and issues might include, but is not limited to:
    • Bugs
    • Being stuck
    • General questions about the game
    • General questions about the forums
    • General questions about our Discord servers

Community Helpers will primarily be helping players via our Discord server. Here they’ll receive the Community Helper role. Community Helpers will not receive an in-game rank or any in-game rewards. The role is meant for people who are passionate about Wynncraft and who would like to help us improve our community interaction. The role is not to be exchanged with our Content Team or Moderators. Community Helpers are not staff members, though they will still be unofficial representatives of Wynncraft, so some rules and expectations are required to be followed.

You can read our Community Helper rules and expectations by clicking here.

What if I am interested in the role, how do I apply?
    You have to apply through an interest form. Because it’s an interest form you won’t receive any feedback. You’ll hear from us if we think you’d be a good fit for the position.
    Filling out the interest form isn’t the only way to receive the role. In our experience, actions often speak louder than words.

The Community Helper interest form can be found by clicking here.

What if I have feedback for a current community helper or the initiative?
    Please start a conversation with @AfroSnail, @colin350, or @Pepo on the forums.

- The QA team

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  2. _Tiger

_Tiger Completionist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nice. Very cool afrosnork

AfroSnail likes this.
  3. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wtf community helper

Saya likes this.
  4. Saya

Saya yeah don't mislead newbies thanks VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wow it happened

wtf community helper

Druser likes this.
  5. nuuurd

nuuurd theres no "best" class kthxbye VIP

Minecraft:
    :o saya now exists

6. Yraw

Yraw Water Fountain

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    uh oh community helper moment

Saya likes this.
  7. Señor TopHat

Señor TopHat The Industrialist

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh its been a while since it became a thing, didn't think this would get that much attention

8. Shamos200

Shamos200 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    is this a craftedmovie server reference wtfff

9. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Gelbin you are the craftedmovie expert, confirm it for us

10. SLScool

SLScool Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    If the first community helper is already doing a good job helping a player but more information can be added, should a second community helper--or any other person who wants to help, I suppose--add the information directly to the chat or message the first community helper about it? On the one hand, posting the additional information directly into the channel is quicker and slightly less antagonistic. On the other hand, sending the message directly into the channel could interrupt what the first community helper is trying to do (which is probably what the rule is trying to address in the first place, along with players being confused by having two different people respond).

Example:
    The first community helper said, "You're looking to acquire T8 tools without buying them from the market? Well, to get all four T8 tools, you need to bring a total of 32 emerald blocks and you'll have to run the Galleon's Graveyard or the Corrupted Decrepit Sewers eight times," without stating that the eight runs don't all have to come from one dungeon.
    The second person can either say "You don't have to choose a single dungeon; you can do eight runs of the Galleon's Graveyard, or two runs and six runs from the Corrupted Decrepit Sewers, or whatever" in the channel or "You should mention that they don't have to do their eight runs at a single dungeon" in a DM.
    The first community helper might have been planning to say "You get three fragments per run, and you need six fragments of a kind to get one tool, meaning you don't have to do eight runs on a single dungeons; you can mix and match as long as you do an even number of runs on each dungeon." In this case, if the second person interrupts, the player being helped might get confused because the explanation of why and how you can run both dungeons will be lost.

11. Slime1480

Slime1480 Slime Shady HERO

Minecraft:
    Ah now I see why CT applications are taking 9 months

12. colin350

colin350 The Best Admin (duh) Staff Member Admin Developer QA HERO Web Developer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think in the first example, you make a good point that as long as the supplemental comment helps clarify things it's okay. But if you are a user interrupting the community helper purposefully so they can't do their job or are just making things more confusing, that isn't very helpful.

Frankly, we want non-community helpers to still help the community when possible, just as long as the person asking the question isn't confused and gets help.
    I know this could've been a half sarcastic comment from you but this initiative was completely run by QA, specifically Afro, Pepo, and myself. CT Applications are handled by a completely separate part of CT.

Unrelated: In case any of you were wondering/curious, it is basically impossible to just form a team out of thin air. We went through multiple review processes, wrote up many documents, and structured the team completely so it could be easily and appropriately managed. Once all of that was done it went through a final review with the owners. It was like a 60 day process from start to finish but I think if we tried to do all that work in 2 weeks we would've run into far more problems.

Also thanks to @Saya and @MrYoghurt2004 as they proved that this initiative was important for Wynncraft's community development.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  13. Gelbin

Gelbin Bring back Shoutbox (And Craftedmovie)

Guild:
    We mostly had mods, and people that paid for coloured titles and other fancy things and sucked up to the mods. I was just a mere commoner with a white name.

Kahsol and Aya like this.
  14. oculism

oculism penguin gang Modeler HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    thank you afrowo, very cool!

AfroSnail likes this.
  15. Kap'n Kronch

Kap'n Kronch Warrior Purist VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft: