1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Class Suggestion: Alchemist

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Xeabia, Jun 29, 2021.

?

What do y'all think of this Class Suggestion?

1. Looks amazing!

41.2%
  2. Good Ideas, I like it

47.1%
  3. Eh, it's okay

5.9%
  4. Meh, needs changes

5.9%
  5. Nah, it's really unbalanced/underdeveloped

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No, it's fundamentally bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeabia

Xeabia A creative mind who's clumsy as heck HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Please read all of Introduction and Formatting before looking at the class please.
    Welcome to to beginning of Project Class-list, a collection of various Class Suggestions I thought up. This will be a collection of various class suggestions that will a spread out across multiple threads. (Since the original document was 90+ pages, 38,000+ words and 210,000 characters) This is my first time making one of these, and I’ve always wanted to make one of these since I’ve seen so many great ideas here in General Suggestions! I had a lot of creative ideas, so instead of just posting one, I made a bunch of them. I tried to make them varied from the other classes, and offer a unique playstyle that affects three major things. How a player plays. How their class influences their build making. Lastly, it being fun to solo and be with friends. Please respond with any criticism or balancing that should possibly be needed for these classes. :3

Disclaimer: I know class suggestions will never actually get implemented, and honestly, I don’t think we will get a new class in years from now. However, threads like this are just fun to make, like making Homebrew Classes in D&D. Also, while class suggestions aren't actual criticisms of the current meta and what needs to be implemented, class suggestions have kind of made their home here in General Suggestions. They’ll be more recognized here anyways with feedback, rather than just posting then in the Wynncraft General Forums. Pls don’t hate class suggestions just cause you know they’ll never be implemented, we’re just a creative bunch that like to put our thoughts into what could be really cool to see, and share our imagination or creativity. :)

Also, there might be a lot of balancing issues(again, this is my first time making this, but I had some people proofread this for me, uwu). That and some of the ideas I put down for my classes may involve features from later versions of Minecraft that the server is on, but again, creative liberties. :3

Some extra notes for future reference. For buffs I will often refer to the Potion Effects and their percentage for how each one buffs. I will use “Vulnerability” as a new debuff to be a negative Damage Reduction version of Resistance. Also, assume for any class that has healing, each % of Increased Water Damage increases healing by 0.5% to a cap of 50% and -100% like with Mage and Shaman. Also, most of my Class Suggestions will make use of my Options Menu post I made, since some classes are given extra toggles for more customability, etc. Lastly, all of this was made before 1.20.3 BETA CCI Rework was announced, so Classes may be subject to change depending on how it's implemented into the main Wynncraft server after Hero BETA.

Formatting: This is the general formula for how I explain the classes.

First, is what I think the difficulty of the class would be.

Then, is how the game webpage would describe the class.

Then is a small lil’ bit of lore for some worldbuilding.

Then, is a more in depth description of the class and what it’s role is.

Then is the Stats. As for the Stats for Damage, Defense, Range, and Spells. I try to make them around a total of 13, but there are exceptions. Mage has 12 Total Points, and it’s practically the best class in the game, so a class having less or more points by 1 point doesn’t mean it’s better or worse than other classes. Also, Class Base Damage will be put next to Damage, and Base Armor Rating is put next to the side of Defense. However, the main factor for Damage and Defense is the class’s playstyle and how often they will have to worry about their Damage output and HP.

Then the Weapon is described by what textures it would have, the general(but certainly not always) trend of it’s attack speed and it’s damage output, and how it can be crafted.

Then, a description of the Basic Attack of how it will look like, how to execute it, and it’s features.

Then comes all of the spells with their Base Mana it costs to use, it’s activation combo, it’s description, it’s Damage, Elemental Conversion, and it’s Upgrades. Upgrades are all set to the same level as other classes for Wynncraft. (The same Base Mana cost remains the same across Upgrades, unless specified)

Then, are just some Major IDs tailored for the class, that I think would be neat.

At the end of the content, there will be credits given for what served as a major inspiration for the class if applicable.

Then is a list of various things that changed during the development of this class, like what the first draft of spells looked like and alternative ideas that could give food for thought.

Lastly, are the main credits of everyone who helped me make all of this. :3

Also in Purple text, will be a description of the VIP variants of the class and it’s different effects.

Alchemist/Harbinger:

⭑⭑ Difficulty

Some prefer civilian life, while I prefer a little more explosions. Alchemists are unconventional heroes in the effort to save lives, while perfecting their craft at the same time. While they take their sweet time, they can coat the battlefield in flames and destruction. Run, help your friends, and carpet bomb everything around you! The only thing holding them back is their patient mind.

Alchemists started to have a higher demand for better concoctions for adventurers in response to the growing dangers in the overworld. Some had to learn to fight, in order to get rare and secluded ingredients to make better potions as a result. They have travelled far and wide not for a means for adventure, but for a means to keep people alive.

This class is a Strong AOE Support Class, however at the cost of having most of its attacks being slow and spells costing a lot of mana. While it’s not as frail for being a support class, the class will be slow to activate it’s means to attack. However, it deals brutal amounts of damage on top of being AOE. It’s spells can create a lot of traps to deal more damage, and empower players to become really strong. It’s high mana cost will prevent most players from being able to spam every spell and destroy everything instantly.
    ☍ DAMAGE ■■■■■ (Class Base Damage of 120%)
    ♥ DEFENCE ■■■■■ (Base Armor Rating of 90%)
    ➵ RANGE ■■■■■
    ⊛ SPELLS ■■■■■

Harbinger is just a more evil, or shaman-ish variant. Unlocked by being VIP.

Weapon: Flask

These weapons tend to have a Slow attack speed to represent the time it takes to brew potions, along with High damage. Flasks also tend to have Poison for their ID. (Poison system will be reworked where if someone damages an enemy with higher Poison per second, it overwrites the weaker Poison effect.) The texture for these flasks would be a different shape of flank for its tier while the element depends on what’s inside the flask. Can be crafted from Alchemism, using 2:1 ratio of Oil:Grain. (Ingredients when applied to Flasks will be changed so that effects can be appropriate to applying to a weapon.)

Basic Attack: Potion Throw

Basically, it acts like a Potion of Harming(but it also hurts undead) with the same potion particle effects. Like with vanilla Minecraft, you throw it at an arch, and when it lands, it damages everything within an 8.25×8.25×4.25 cuboid. Activated by Right Click.

Splash Potion effects now make brown spiral particles.

Spell 1: Lingering Froth/Plague (Base 8 Mana) (L-R-L)

The player throws a Lingering Potion of Decay that deals damage per 0.5 seconds, but deals no hitstun. Lasts for 8 seconds. You can only have 1 Lingering Froth out at a time, casting this again will do nothing with no Mana cost.
    15% Damage per 0.5 seconds
    Up to 16 hits

❉ 15% Water
    ✹ 15% Fire

Upgrade 1:
    + Corrosive: Mobs in this field will be given Vulnerability (Takes 10% more damage)
    ❉ 20% Water
    ✹ 20% Fire
    Upgrade 2:
    + Diffusion: You can now have 3 Lingering Froths on the ground at once. The damage can stack over multiple Lingering Froths in the same location from the same player.
    ❉ 20% Water
    ✹ 20% Fire

Particles are now dark green like Poison.

Spell 2: Volatile Vat/Brimstone Burst (Base 4 Mana) (L-L-L)

The player throws an explosive potion that creates knockback from the burst. (Makes Splash Fire Resistance Potion particles) When the potion hits a wall or floor, a Push Spell that affects the Alchemist is emitted from the burst, allowing you to basically launch yourself like from a TNT Launcher, but also from walls and in any direction. The explosion’s effect radius is a sphere with a 2-block radius, and it will launch you by 8 Blocks in the direction you threw it. The explosion won’t affect other players, but it will affect enemies, by dealing damage and pushing them away also. (Does damage and deals Knockback to players in PvP) When you cast this midair, you are suspended in the air while throwing a Volatile Vat and fall when the Volatile Vat hits the floor. (Midair suspension be disabled in the Options Menu) (Can disable Damage of this spell in Options Menu)
    80% Damage
    ✹ 10% Fire

Upgrade 1:
    + Velocity: You now deal damage when you hit an enemy while being launched that deals the same damage as the explosion.
    90% Damage
    ✹ 10% Fire
    ❋ 10% Air

Upgrade 2:
    + Chain Reaction: When a Volatile Vat lands on a Lingering Froth cloud, the elemental conversion of Lingering Froth becomes ✹ 20% Fire and ❋ 10% Air, Lingering Froth’s duration will be cut in half, and when Lingering Froth expires, it explodes and deals 100% Damage to nearby enemies and knocks them back by 12 Blocks from the center of the LF. It’s particles also look like Fire Resistance Potion particles.
    100% Damage
    ✹ 10% Fire
    ❋ 10% Air

Instead of Fire Resistance potion particles, it makes Fire Particles. Chain Reaction also changes LF/Plague into Fire Particles.

Spell 3: Invigorating Elixir/Immortality Pill (Base 14 Mana) (L-R-R)

The player throws a golden looking glowing potion on the ground, and floats as if a dropped item. When any player picks it up, they are given Strength (+30% Attack Damage) and Resistance (+30% Damage Reduction) that lasts for 45 seconds. Strength/Resistance 3 cannot be overwritten unless a more powerful effect is given or if an effect of the same value lasts longer. This only applies to the person who picked it up. The counter resets if someone picks up another Elixir while under the effect of the Elixir. The potion will disappear if no one picks it up within 12 seconds. Additionally, Strength/Resistance at 30% are changed to 40% when War Scream gives buffs but doesn’t reset the counter.

Upgrade 1:
    + Absorption: Anyone who picks it up also gains 20% of the caster‘s Max. HP of Absorption. Absorption lasts for up to 1 minute and 30 seconds. (Cannot be stacked)​

Upgrade 2:
    + Embrewerment: When your Invigorating Elixir potion lands on a Lingering Froth cloud, it will change to no longer deal damage, but any player who walks into the cloud gets Strength/Resistance 20% and 10% Absorption for 22 seconds, with the counter resetting every tick your in the cloud. (30% Strength/Resistance w/ War Scream) It’s particles are now replaced by Pink Potion particles. (Doesn’t stack with normal Invigorating Elixir)
    Golden looking glowing potion is now swapped out with a golden looking glowing seed. Enbrewerment changes LF/Plague to have crimson red potion particles.

Spell 4: Warding Tincture/Seal (Base 7 Mana) (L-L-R)

The player throws a white potion, and a column/cylinder of white particles appears from where the potion lands, that has a radius of 1-block. Any enemy that’s in the column is trapped for 5 seconds. It’s possible to trap multiple enemies in a single column. This does not work on enemies with CCI or Stationary mobs however.

Upgrade 1:
    + Siphon: When the mob is trapped, their Abilities are sealed for 4 seconds. This works for CCI mobs if the enemy touches the center of the column, but not Stationary or Boss mobs.
    Upgrade 2:
    + Dissolve: When an Warding Tincture lands on a Lingering Froth cloud, Froth’s elemental conversion is changed to ✤ 35% Earth and applies Slowness (-50% Walkspeed) to any enemy within it for 2 seconds (this refreshes when the enemy is still in the cloud). Lingering Forth’s cloud also expands by 2 blocks. (This does not affect Stationary mobs, but it slows down CCI mobs by -10% instead of -50%). It’s particles are replaced by lime/light green looking particles.
    The column is now made of black particles, with the symbol of Darkness element on the floor. Stagnation makes LF/Plague into cyan particles.

Liquifier: Poison Damage is increased by 1.5x to enemies in Lingering Froth.

Impatience: Volatile Vat now explodes immediately after you throw it(this means you can push yourself midair.)

Voidbeaker: Volatile Vat now emits the Pull Spell on enemies, but not the player. (Doesn’t affect other players unless in PvP)

Totem of the Undying: Invigorating Elixir no longer gives Strength or Resistance, but now gives Absorption for up to 60% of your Max. HP. Embrewerment gives 25% Absorption of your Max. HP instead of 10%. (Any item that has this will be immense negative Mana Regen, increased 3rd Spell Cost, and Negative Health to compensate)

Drain: For every enemy in Warding Tincture, you recover 1 Mana per enemy, and only trigger once per enemy. (Whatever weapon that has this will have a increase the Mana Cost of 4th Spell)

Bigger Flask: All potions’ AOE (including Warding Tincture) is expanded by 3 blocks of radius. (Any weapon that has this will have a negative walk speed modifier)

Credits: This class was mostly inspired from Monumenta’s Alchemist class, in that I felt some elements could work well with Wynncraft. Invigorating Elixir is very much like Monumenta’s Alchemist, and most of the names of these spells come from Monumenta’s Alchemist’s skills. Also, Volatile Vat was inspired by Shovel Knight’s Plague Knight. :3

Key:
    Old = Was scrapped and replaced by another idea
    Outdated = Was reworked, while keeping to original concept
    “” = Small detail of an Idea that had to be changed for major reasons. Is grouped up with Outdated.
    Alt = Could have replaced the current one, but didn’t. (Normally due to it being flawed, and a substitute was suggested, but I preferred to just rework the original spell rather than replace it. This is what the replaced spell would have looked like)
    Orange Text = Author’s Note why it was scrapped/changed/not added in

(Note: Most of this was written before the CCI Rework from 1.20.3)

Alt Spell 1: Catalyst/Cascade (Base 10 Mana) (L-R-L)

You spray and coat the floor around you in Green powder. It sprays in a circle that’s a 4 block radius. When you use Potion Throw, all of the powder will explode, dealing additional damage. Potion Throw’s potion doesn’t have to touch the powder, only it’s Splash distance has to overlap with the powder. The powder disappears after 30 seconds. Multiple can be on the field, and multiple can be triggered by one Potion Throw.
    250% Damage
    ✹ 10% Fire

Upgrade 1:
    + Ignition: After the fire explodes, it will leave lingering non-solid Fire Blocks that only damages enemies and doesn’t set anyone on Fire. Enemies take damage every 0.5 seconds for 1.5 seconds.
    250% Damage
    ✹ 20% Fire
    Cinders:
    50% Damage
    ✹ 50% Fire
    Upgrade 2:
    + Wildfire: If another Catalyst overlaps with another one, a single Potion Throw and cause both to explode, and the space where multiple Catalysts overlap deals more damage. Every overlapping Catalyst boosts the total damage of the explosion and the damage from Cinders by 1.5x.
    250% Damage
    ✹ 30% Fire
    Cinders:
    50% Damage
    ✹ 50% Fire

Green powder that lingers on the floor is replaced by the floor covered on water drops (like when water drips from above when there is a Water Block above a block).

So, when I was contacted while proofreading, they said the Lingering Froth seemed lackluster or boring, and suggested either replacing it, or changing up the system of this class by having other spells change the effects of Lingering Froth. I like Lingering Froth, so I kept the idea, but if I would have changed it, this is how it would have looked like.

Old Grade 3 1st Spell/Potency: Using Potion Throw from any player to enemies in this field will increase the damage of Lingering Froth by 50%

50% Damage per 0.5 seconds
    ❉ 40% Water
    ✹ 20% Fire

Was suggested as not necessary since Grade 2 already gave Vulnerability for the support role. Also, this was back when I wasn't aware that I generally shouldn't have elemental conversion be higher than 40%.

Old Grade 3 2nd Spell/Slime Film: You gain 70% Damage Resistance during the launch.
    100% Damage
    ✹ 20% Fire
    ❋ 20% Air

Velocity was originally Grade 3, with this being your “Charge” equivalent, but it was scrapped due to it being uninteresting.

Old Grade 3 3rd Spell/Redstone/Glowstone: (Default is at Redstone, you can switch at the Options Menu)
    - Redstone: Strength 2 and Resistance 2 now lasts for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
    - Glowstone: Strength 2 and Resistance 2 are now changed to Strength/Resistance 4 for 22 seconds. (War Scream from Absorption turns it to Strength/Resistance 5)

This was made to give a sense of vanilla Minecraft, and customizability, however was scrapped to it’s switching mechanic being locked beyond an Option. I personally saw it as good to see that you have to choose between the two before combat and not mid combat, but the proofreader said it might have been too situational and time consuming to switch between the two. Besides, the new Grade 3 dynamics works a lot better.

Old Grade 3 4th Spell/Dissolve: When the mob is trapped, they are given Weakness 2 for 8 seconds. This works for Stationary and CCI mobs if the enemy touches the center of the column.

So, this was back then when I used Potion Numbers to indicate the effect rather than percentages. Bad idea, since apparently it doesn’t really match up nicely with how you would assume. Like I assumed Strength 2 gave 20% More Attack Damage, but it only gives 15%. Also, the new Dissolve was way more interesting than this one.

Outdated Major ID/Voidbeaker: Volatile Vat now emites the Pull Spell “on the player”, and can also affect enemies. (but not other players unless in PvP)

It affecting the player was scrapped, as it would cause situations where the player throwing this can getting caught with the enemies would basically be like touching the middle of a Totem with enemies locked in the middle.

Lastly, a collection of thanks for the peeps who helped proofread this! ^v^

Major shoutouts to the person who helped me proofread most of this for possible balancing after the first draft! They chose for me to not disclose who they are, so I can’t mention them unfortunately. Still, massive shoutouts to them, you know who you are. ~<3

Also major shoutouts to @Novalescent for proofreading this, giving advice for balancing, and expanding some spells to be more dynamic! OwO

Big thanks to @AcadeeAlkana and @StormDragon4 for also helping me proofread this! They all also made really cool class suggestions and are jolly creative peeps. UwU

Big thanks to @TrapinchO for proofreading the Lore, and contributing to Loreus Imporioum (aka the wiki) and Forums throughout the years. kek

Big thanks to @Purple Pope I for proofreading these classes and numerous other ones throughout the years! uwU

Shoutout to all of the peeps who were brave enough over the years to submit many awesome ideas for Class Suggestions over the years, y’all inspired me to also make this. Uwu

Big shoutout to @EspChar for making making some art for the classes, after I asked them to make some doodles of them, and they ended up looking so cute. :3 They also have an Instagram over HERE. ewe

[​IMG]

Edit (6/29/21): Frick. Seems like for some reason, when I had Create Thread open on two devices with one on an more outdated version, the draft saved the older version. For some odd reason. :/
    Edit 2 (6/29/21): Edited format of Upgrades and added a note of 2nd Spell effecting PvP. Thanks @Sir_Doomed ! :3

P.S. Sorry this took so long. This was delayed by like 2-3 months, chaos happened while contacting people to proofread and make art, and real life slowed the process greatly for all of us. :c

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  2. Justice

Justice Obliterator of Grooks VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Interesting concept and not a bad one. The biggest nitpick for me would be against spell 3, Invigorating Elixir.

The strength and resistance buff I would say are reminiscent of the warrior's war scream obviously and the 20% caster hp heal also looks similar to the mages heal to a degree. The thing that I would say kills it is that it can be implemented by existing classes and be more effective as well. The mage can basically spam heal with an item like King of Hearts in an area of effect and a warrior can use war scream to give strength and resistance for much longer. If you even wanted to, you could even use the warrior to mimic all of this with war scream and either items like Rhythm of the Seasons or Infernal Impulse to get the heal, strength, and resistance buffs. Also, unlike war scream and heal where you it immediately goes into effect, you kinda have to find this item on the ground and pick it up before it goes into effect.

Of course, someone could go into detail on how the crowd control is better done with a shaman and how this is similar to a shaman but that is not my forte, I deal primarily with warrior stuff. Also, not surprised that the local plague doctor TrapinchO helped with this...

TrapinchO and Xeabia like this.
  3. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Assassin main HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It’s finally here

Xeabia likes this.
  4. Xeabia

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks for the feedback! I was aware how much this shares with other classes, and I tried to give this class a unique flair by having it's 3rd "Heavy Hitter" Spell give amazing buffs to make up for the damage. The purpose of Invigorating Elixir is it's meant to be prepped before combat, like other Buffing Spells. The thing is, it works nicely with Warrior Scream and Heal in that it doesn't invalidate them. Since more buff is given in addition to Warrior Scream, and Absorption gives additional HP while Heal cannot. Thus, it's a spell that is most powerful when used in a team and a Support Class, while being viable and powerful soloing. While it might look very similar to War Scream and Heal, it can work with them in harmony. :3

5. Sir_Doomed

Sir_Doomed Sole supporter of an expanded Realm of Light

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Cool class concept, but the interaction between the first 2 spells seems overly complicated and closer to a damage spell than a mobility spell.

Maybe swap the first and third spells, because the first spell seems more suited to a damage spell, and maybe make it increase main attack damage to enemies in its area, instead of its explosion effect.

Also, does the second spell's knockback affect players while in a duel or in hunted mode, and can you make the spell upgrades more clear by adding headings for each of the upgrade tiers

Xeabia likes this.
  6. Xeabia

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks for the info, I'll change up the formatting for this class and others when I post them. I'll also add that note of 2nd Spell Knockback in PvP. :3
    However, I probs won't do the other suggestions. Since Spell 1 and 2 are supposed to be really dynamic and gives the player a lot of thought while playing. That, and Spell 2 was meant to be good for both combat at mobility since it's not often when we have good movement spells and costs more than others anyways. Also, I was aware of how odd 3rd Spell not being a traditional Heavy Hitter Spell but I felt the effects and the high Mana Cost justify it's placing and a "Heavy" Spell. That, and Spell 1 works as the main Bread and Butter nicely due to it's simple function and interactions with other spells.

7. Sir_Doomed

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Interesting tactic: Starting a duel with your friend and then use Volatile Vat to knock you both across a gap or parkour section.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  8. Xeabia

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Long live the king ;3

9. Xeabia

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bump, also a funny screenshot from proofreading :3
    [​IMG]

10. Sir_Doomed

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not sure because I can't play it, but alchemist seems like it would be dependent on it's abilities in the late game, making water builds much stronger than other builds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.