Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide City Origins Of Wynncraft - Pt 2

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Kaelan~, Oct 25, 2017.

?

Another Episode?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    85.2%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Don't Care

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaelan~

Kaelan~ RIP VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Corkus:
    Fun fact: You, the player is from the fourth province; Fruma, according to lore. For the past thousand years Fruman's have been migrating into Wynn. However, nobody has every traveled from a foreign province into Fruma successfully. For 650 years not a word or sight of Fruma's territory was seen or heard by Wynn Natives.
    That is until 350 years ago, when a splinter group left Fruma in search of a new life. After some travelling the Fruman's settled upon a island in the ocean, which was previously occupied only by bird like creatures named Avos.
    The Avos were generous with the Humans, who just like all the recruits lost all memory when they passed the border of Fruma. Sadly, the Humans kept on pushing there limits, and eventually they grew in strength until they dominated most of the island. The Frumans renamed themselves to Corkians, after the island.
    Tensions are high between Corkians and the Avos at present day.
    [​IMG]
    Corkus Enterance.

Troms:
    Troms, along with Ragni are one of the first fortresses in Wynn, dating back to over 1,000 years ago.
    Here is a quote from the official (but slightly outdated) storyline:
    As stated above, Troms and Ragni were 'Amongst the Fiercest' indicating two things:
    1- There were other forts back 1,000 years ago. Any further information on this would be greatly appreciated.
    2- Troms has a very opposing appearance, but according to the statement above, present day. According to the bit of lore above, it has always been like this.

The humans from 1,000 years ago were not primitive peoples, and they had a great underastanding of magic.
    More likely than not, Troms, just like ragni, was created by magic, which is possibly what contributed to it's incredible longevity.

In my previous thread somebody mentioned that Ragni most likely started out as a fort, and then gradually turned into a city, maybe around 100 years ago when the Villagers moved into Wynn. This is apparent in Troms, considering this 'Fortress' is now just a city with walls around it, consisting of merchants, and houses:
    upload_2017-10-25_14-18-19.png
    However, considering Troms incredibly strategic location:

upload_2017-10-25_14-14-2.png
    It was most likely designed as not just a fortress, but a safe living space. Because there is no logic in defending Trom's location, for emeralds and most desirable things were in the plains area, near Detlas. So, why would Troms be built to defend the mountains? My conclusion Troms was built to have a safe and desirable living space.

Llevigar:
    Llevigar is easily the second most advanced city, the first being Corkus, But Corkus cannot be outmatched without making it completely modern...
    Anyways: Llevigar is unique in apppearance, being created almost entirely out of Quartz.
    Here is a quote regarding Quartz.
    So, Quartz is used for magical purposes as proven here:
    He also talks about how nobody has understood the Power Generator in hundreds of years, back when the apparently perfected the system.

Now this is the only bit of Lore I have come across that gives me a tiny idea of Llevigars age. So we know it is atleast 200ish years.
    Anyways, back on track:
    The residents of Llevigar are very advanced, and use a blend of Magic and Technology, almost like a lower level of Corkians.

They are also advanced builders, and Llevigar has recently been added onto:
    [​IMG]

Selchar:
    Selchar is the second largest island, behind Corkus. It is the sister city of Detlas, although which city is older is a little difficult to find out:

As stated here: https://wynncraft.gamepedia.com/Storyline
    This is in the A.V.A section, which before lore was changed, AVA was 10 years ago, making Detlas also 10 years old.
    Now, in Craftmas Chaos it shows that Selchar is at minimum 30 years old; making it obviously the older of the two.

Gigavern here told me:
    Which makes Detlas about 70 years older than Selchar... So unless the Craftmas Chaos quest is changed in the next update, Selchar is the younger of the two.

upload_2017-10-25_13-39-37.png
    This picture is from the "Past" Selchar, which you are teleported to in Craftmas Chaos as you can see here, most of Selchar is still under construction at this point (3o years ago) hell, the bank hasn't even been built yet, which most likely means it is 30-32 years old.
    [​IMG]

Rodoroc:
    I think that Rodoroc is one of the most interesting cities lore-wise.
    Sorry for skipping so many towns, but lore is limited for a lot of them.

Rodoroc is the city of dwarves, and it has a long and complicated history.

It all began with the first version of Rodoroc; Much like Nemract:

The video above explores Ancient Rodoroc.

As read on the sign at 5:10 in the video, "Rodoroc is a ancient city, and historians say it is centuries old"
    upload_2017-10-25_14-3-45.png
    Unfortunately 'Centuries old' is not very descriptive, but I estimate it is quite a few centuries considering how it mentioned how much Dwarves have changed since then.

This can only make us imagine how old 'Ancient Rodoroc' is.
    [​IMG]

There ends PT2 of this series.
    It may be the final part, or there could be more. There are enough towns for me to make another.
    Vote in the poll above

Attached Files:

funnysillyman, Greeni and Gegaba like this.
  2. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    Corkus is my city.

3. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    You missed two significant pieces of lore here:
    The new fortunes made by the Villagers has allowed them to construct an entire city to welcome the cheap labour arriving from the Wynn province.
    Llevigar, constructed of expensive marble is the icon of the province and holds immense industrial magical power to encourage more movement of people to the province.

-Llevigar Library, Gavel History.

This tells us that it was built as a place to welcome the visitors from Wynn. It may also help support the theory I have that Siegfried helped bring Corkian technology to be used in Llevigar. It does, however, seem to conflict with this:
    as this implies that it was built long before migration between Wynn and Gavel began 100 years ago.
    There's also this:
    Dado: How dare you. I have worked here for 7 long years, I have helped to create some of Llevigar's latest buildings!
    We learn here that, though it seems to have all been planned at once, Llevigar is still being added to, with buildings being built in the last seven years.
    No. There are only three recognised provinces - Wynn, Gavel and Fruma. Dern is not counted as a province, and we don't have enough information to contest this. It's said in several places that Corkus wants to become the fourth province.
    Corkus is not a city. It's an island, containing at least one city (Corkus City), and the town of Relos. I don't know if there's much lore about Corkus City itself, but general Corkian history is not relevent.
    You missed that Troms had a very strong military presence (at least until the fall of Skiens Island), and was building forts in the ocean well away from the city.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.