Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Cinfras - Current & New

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ChrisTheBear, Dec 8, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisTheBear

ChrisTheBear Certificate III in Nature Wandering CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  2. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    Feels like second Lutho...

3. Minitinipower

Minitinipower just a guy

Minecraft:
    No longer looks like Detlas 2 i guess

fishcute, Skidooskei, hmtn and 2 others like this.
  4. ramenstew

ramenstew professional idiot HERO

Minecraft:
    ^^^
    Instead of second detlas it is now second lutho

5. ChrisTheBear

ChrisTheBear Certificate III in Nature Wandering CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The most accurate description you can get of new Cinfras is that it is a mix between Detlas and Eldritch Outlook (I had Lutho here instead of EO, but I now realize I meant EO)

Edit, now it just looks like new Cinfras

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    H0Y likes this.
  6. Windfall_

Windfall_ Proud Owner of the Worst Sage HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I must admit I kind of like the new look of Cinfras in the first two comparison photos. However, I feel like on the last photo, it really shows how close and cluttered the new Cinfras really is.

7. Ellphant

Ellphant [they/them] stop and smell the flowers, won't you? HERO

Minecraft:
    I will say that I made a beeline for Cinfras once I connected to the beta. I had my doubts about it and sincerely thought that it would be like EO, but to my surprise it actually didn’t feel like that nearly as much as I thought it would. I much prefer this over old Cinfras, the new one feels much more welcoming and colorful.

8. shtnck eyh ckhhe

shtnck eyh ckhhe Jesus of Nether-eth

Minecraft:
    I mean, old Cinfras was just wood and stone. I can't say I'm completely into the new Cinfras (color scheme is too wild and looks like Lutho or EO) but it does look a lot "cleaner". IE the pillars on the airbase. Sure, they kinda remind me of EO but overall it looks like more of a defined shape rather than a lot of intricate wood/stone patterns, and personally, I prefer that. Color scheme and block palette are wack though

9. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That new statues cool in the second new cinfras photo

10. ron111701

ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As much as i like old cinfras, it definitely felt "planned" when compared to new cinfras. now cinfras has old walls that are in ruin throughout the city, with some being incorporated into buildings that (presumably) came later, which gives it the feeling of outgrowing its original walls, which is just a really neat detail, especially since it isn't explictly mentioned. (inb4 an npc speaking about how cinfras has outgrown its walls many times)

overall i really like new cinfras, better than the OG, even if the old cinfras is nostalgic.

hmtn and ChrisTheBear like this.
  11. IceBear

IceBear Ice Bear says hi VIP+

Minecraft:
    Ice Bear does like how clustered the new Cinfras is because it makes the city feel bigger and more busy. Ice Bear isn't a big fan of the really bright colors but it makes sense for a more fantasy city so it will grow on Ice Bear eventually.

hmtn, Vyzr, fishcute and 4 others like this.
  12. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I think the city will grow on me eventually, but I really don't like how they took such a massive and open city and really closed it off. I don't really feel like it was cluttered but it did give me more of a feeling of claustrophobia, which isn't something I want to feel in what should be a massive city. The one thing I want to see changed is the bank though, the layout and build makes literally no sense and it feels needlessly small and boring for no reason. They should really move the bankers back to the outside and add some color to the room, the all gray look is just bland especially when compared to the rest of the city.

SoulBurned, ChrisTheBear and Greedus like this.
  13. Torpid

Torpid Torpid Torpedo HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I honestly dont really like it. I feel like the styles of the guild hall/airbase and the actual city are completely different which is weird to look at. The guild hall/airbase looks like a factory, and the city itself looks very cluttered. I understand if they wanted more colors, but this looks like too much.
    It will probably grow on me though. Like when they removed Detlas' hourglass with the identifier inside it.

14. ?!

?! Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I'm afraid Cinfras will look like it has a completely different build style compared to other cities since many didnt get rebuilt (i dont have a hero rank so i think they havent been rebuilt) but i also think the new design is amazing a much better!

ChrisTheBear likes this.
  15. Torpid

Torpid Torpid Torpedo HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I also havent seen all rebuilt cities, but Thanos was redone and it looks similar to the new Cinfras.

ChrisTheBear likes this.
  16. ?!

?! Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    i always loved thanos idea of an underground city but it was by far the worst layout of a city, glad they changed it. I havent seen any images to say if i like the color palette

ChrisTheBear likes this.
  17. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Cinfranbul was DetlasTwonople,
    now it’s Cinfranbul, not DetlasTwonople
    Been a short time gone, DetlasTwonople
    Now it’s Gavel delight on a moonlit night

18. Shoefarts

Shoefarts I fart on shoes CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like the new diversity of colour. It really adds to the life of the city, like how Detlas was revamped.

My problem with new Cinfras is that the city is missing a lot of finer details with the builds. In my opinion, compared to the old builds, new Cinfras is a lot more blockier and closed off, mainly in the heart of the city. The outer rim of the city is beautiful however. But I feel that as you head towards the center, that it should open up more into a town square.

As for guild hall, I think the old build was better. It had more life and intracity and was generally more interesting to look at. I see that they were trying to maintain continuity with build styles but new Guild Hall is missing the life that the old one held. I do like how new Guild Hall has a staircase directly to the top and how that staircase is partially on the outside of the mountain, really good job of using space that was unused before. But on the other side of the coin, the new staircase is more or less just an empty path now.

19. Skidooskei

Skidooskei King of the Lollipops CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I really like it, looks very magical like what they were going for. It does look like EO but that building is probably my favourite in Wynn so I'm not complaining.

It does feel a little small, but I do like the sense of there being small paths like in an ally with resturants and cool stuff like that. I do agree maybe it should open up a bit in the middle though cause it does feel a tiny bit cramped I guess.

Guild hall looks fine, a little bit empty but doesn't bother me that much.

hmtn, Mr_Hummer and ChrisTheBear like this.
  20. Fwap a Durp

Fwap a Durp Stuck at home -.- CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Welcome to EO the city

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.