1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Choosing Attack Speeds On Crafted Weapons [96.3% Of 80]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Bart (MC), Jun 15, 2019.

?

Do you agree with this suggestion?

1. Yes, please add this.

72.8%
  2. Just the current attack speeds are fine, but I do want to be able to choose.

23.5%
  3. The idea is good, but it should be done differently (How?).

1.2%
  4. Nope.

2.5%
  1. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Sacramentalia Supporter & Manna Maniac

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As of right now, there are three attack speeds you can get on crafted weapons: slow, normal and fast.
    And there's no way of knowing which attack speed you're gonna get. This is frustrating for some people, as attack speed affect mana- and lifesteal, piercing of elemental defenses, and possible melee usage. This leads to having to craft a weapon (using expensive and/or rare ingredients) multiple times, simply because you need a certain attack speed for the weapon to function optimally.
    Just to give an example, I've seen people put negative or positive attack speed modifiers on weapons to get higher or lower attack speeds than currently possible, which would need fast and slow attack speed respectively.

My suggestion to fix this, is by making people able to choose the attack speed of the weapon they're crafting, and consequently add super slow, very slow, very fast and super fast to those options. It would look something like this:
    2019-06-15_19.25.00.png
    Now, I'm aware I could've done a much better job in terms of recreating the crafting interface and adding the NBT data, but I think it's clear enough. The idea is basically:
    - That spot in the bottom left corner now contains a wool block. As the item says when hovering over it, it shows the current attack speed of the weapon you're going to craft, and is toggleable by left-clicking for a lower attack speed and right-clicking for a higher attack speed.
    - The 7 coloured wool blocks in my hotbar represent the 7 attack speeds, from left to right the slowest to the fastest.
    - Of course they don't have to be wool blocks, but I couldn't find any other items with a good visual indicator for 7 different things. Just a sword with text saying the attack speed or a completely new texture could work just as well.
    - I would also like to point out that this would (obviously) be limited to weaponsmithing and woodworking.

Additional idea from @Quint :
    When an ingredient with an attack speed bonus is used, the attack speed of the weapon itself goes up (so the attack speed would only be an id past Super Slow and Super Fast). While this would only work when keeping the chosen attack speeds Slow, Normal and Fast, it would probably fix multiple balancing issues, as players would have less ingredient slots to, say, throw raw melee damage on a Super Fast weapon, as they've a;ready used multiple slots to boost the attack speed from fast to Super Fast.

To end this suggestion, I'm aware this would take a while to implement, as (as far as I know) Jpresent was the main person working on this, and since he left, someone would have to first go and understand the code behind crafting to even begin work on this suggestion. I can still suggest though.

Any and all feedback is appreciated, I'd like to hear other people's opinions on my suggestion, so I can improve it.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  2. Chronozilla

Chronozilla Full-Time Wynncrafter Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I wonder if the limited available range was put in deliberately to prevent making powerful super slows and stack attack speed to make them overly strong.

Would you take this freedom to choose your attack speed from the full range if it led to most damage related ingredients receiving a further nerf? I'm not too sure i would, but great suggestion nontheless!

2Dg likes this.
  3. Bart (MC)

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, that's something I only thought of afterwards. After looking around at some ingredients and testing the same weapon with some raw melee damage ones, with normal and super fast attack speed (with the damage converted of course), it does really show that some ingredients would be pretty busted. Compare https://wynndata.tk/s/G6Hk2b to https://wynndata.tk/s/KC3FiI, for example. 4.3k dps compared to almost 6k dps (without any armour or accesories, mind you). However, this difference is a lot smaller when using powders in the crafting recipe (https://wynndata.tk/s/m0yxsM with 3.7k dps compared to https://wynndata.tk/s/4eluUZ with 4.7k dps), so maybe just making powder slots go down when attack speed goes up (very fast & super fast 2 slots, very slow & super slow 4 slots?) might make it a lot more balanced.
    Still, I fully get that adding extra attacking speeds makes certain things very out of balance. I'll see if I can find any more big downsides, and I'll edit the suggestion with something along the lines of 'these things would create balancing issues'. Thanks for the feedback!

4. Comrade

Comrade Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communist HERO Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think we could make it a lot simpler and more balanced:
    Add more + and -tier attack speed ingredients count towards attack speed. So if you have two ingredients, +1 tier each (+2 tier), and you roll slow, it would automatically go up from Slow to Normal to Fast. If you rolled Fast, it would go from Fast to Very Fast to Super fast, etc. and vice versa. This way, we get the benefits of choosing attack speeds, less hypothetical development time, and a balance to it (Higher or Lower speed at the cost of Ingredient Slots).

5. Bart (MC)

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's actually a really good idea, I'll add it in. Thanks!

Comrade likes this.
  6. YYGAYMER

YYGAYMER HIC Gang forever HIC Master HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bump

e

bump

Bart (MC) likes this.
  7. Bart (MC)

Guild: