1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Assassin/Ninja Cata 2.0

Discussion in 'Class Builds' started by Dr Zed, Nov 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Dr Zed

Dr Zed I’m not a real doctor. VIP+

Minecraft:
    I tried to revisit my previous cata build and improve it:
    https://wynndata.tk/s/9siUQN

This time I shifted towards mana steal and fire, but I ended up with lower than average health at best. Idk what else I can do to improve this build (mostly increasing the health) without making major sacrifices. It's not like I'm using glassy armor either. Or is this a decent build overall, just a bit glassy? It's got good defenses, and even decent intel with 4 mana spin attacks, 6 mana multihits, and 5 mana smoke bombs coupled with 8/4 mana steal. Plus all the skill points that matter are set, so the only thing you have to worry about is getting 4/4 mana steal on Storm Brewer.

Edit: Here's one version with 9.4k health (but less intel and slightly less damage): https://wynndata.tk/s/Nai9e6

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  2. InfernoWraith

InfernoWraith A random spastic with opinions

Minecraft:
  3. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    by2011 likes this.
  4. NicBOMB

NicBOMB Maker of Builds | Lurks on Forums | 1 Mythic Found HERO

Minecraft:
    My response to the 'morph-everything' mindset:
    Gigabyte -> Master
    You'll still have enough SP's with even a bad Master. Just Storm Brewer's SP's would matter. The worst you could go is 10 SP Master and 10 SP Storm Brewer +or-1 for either. Your intel is still low with gigabyte anyways. The extra SP's won't be as helpful as getting that HP back. You won't have 20k spins, but 19.7k and 9.4k possible HP is better than 21k spins and 8.1k HP

by2011 and Dr Zed like this.
  5. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Why not use silver solar ring instead of coral ring? I have enough defense for it.

6. NicBOMB

Minecraft:
    mana, water def, fire def. Solar is more tanky, but you've got -2mr, which coral ring brings back to -1. It's just a small thing though. Your choice. I have used silver solar for that before, but your case was different.

Dr Zed likes this.
  7. Crokee

Crokee Chirping high DPS archer builds

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  8. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
  9. NicBOMB

Minecraft:

10. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Well, it is a better build :)
    @NicBOMB

11. NicBOMB

Minecraft:
    Morph can kindly *die in a hole* now.
    Only 2 less mana, 2k less hp for 3k higher damage and powder-able defenses. Also 30k spins and 60k multi-hits are pretty good too.

12. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Well, that is also good ;)

13. Crokee

Crokee Chirping high DPS archer builds

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    nuuuu dont die morph
    but man that's pretty high damage, love that ADC combo (Anima-Infused Helmet Discharge Cinderchain)

yes except morph ok

Dr Zed likes this.
  14. NicBOMB

Minecraft:
    no specifically morph needs to go. At least other rainbow slap builds need good rolls on stats to be competent, like Libra. With morph, the set bonus is where the rainbow gets all of its strength. There's no need to even get the best SP items for it either. Low effort, huge bonus, half the items are 32eb or less, and it's basically an insert weapon + element boosting armor piece here for easy win. #broken #nerf

15. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    I mean it literally just got nerfed.

Druser likes this.
  16. NicBOMB

Minecraft:
    Not the right way IMO. High SP req's don't matter for rainbow builds; you're gonna have a shitload anyways. A meaningful change would be actually nerfing the set bonuses. The items themselves are okay, but the set bonuses are too high. As you can see, even when I pull out all the best items I can without using double mythic, there's still no way to compete with morph slap.

17. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Health-wise yes, but damage wise not so much. In your examples you have less health, but better defenses overall and lots more damage compared to Crokee's example.

18. NicBOMB

Minecraft:
    Mana, HP, Defenses, Skill Points, and Melee DPS are lower than morph. Only spell damage is higher and everything else is 'barely' comparable to morph. I'm saying that morph is OP because you don't have to work to get far better stats than my build using weird items and combinations that also require you to get good skill point rolls on the stats. Morph gives so many SP's from the items and the set bonuses that you end up with a maximum possible 54 extra skill points. That's enough to get 89 intelligence and still have a few left over, not to mention all the other things I just listed in its favor above. I understand morph is rainbow, and rainbow ticks tons of boxes for rounding out stats; I mean basically every build has 1-2 rainbowy items at this point. What I don't like specifically about morph is the versatility that goes beyond just being competitive. It's OP. Need some HP? Morph's got +1.1k. Need some damage? +14% rainbow. Mana low? *Bump* +1. Running out of SP's? Here's a free perfect vaward to go with that (+7 in all). And those are only the 5/8 set bonuses. @Crokee wasn't even using Morph-Gold. +20% spell on boots with cata AND getting HP! Full morph - legs for Hephaestus and you've got https://wynndata.tk/s/ncwYkb. That's +90 extra SP's. Now you've got rainbow defs, 4/4 mr, 2/4 ms, 250 HPR, +18 all, almost 11k hp, on top of being able to hit 129 intelligence, you're also able to snatch 68 def and still have 3 skill points leftover! wtf! Skill Points Need To Be Balanced. Rainbow Builds Can't Be Balanced With Higher Skill Point Requirements. The Whole Point Of A Rainbow Build Is TO GET RAINBOW SPs. ALL SPs ARE HIGH IN RAINBOW BUILDS! Once you got rainbow, there's no need to ever worry about SPs. I don't have a problem with that, but combining MASSIVE bonuses with essentially free SP items is completely stupid. There's a reason why vaward doesn't have +7 in all, then add 60 in all defenses, +1 mana regen and all that other crap. Guess what that'd be! Unbalanced! Wow! What a concept!
    I abused rainbow items and their high stat bonuses before. I know them well. I hate it, so, *kindly*, morph's head can roll for all I care. I'd rather the game be balanced than see people snorting more stardust dreams. @YYGAYMER

YYGAYMER and Dr Zed like this.
  19. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    You have very good points. I guess it’s just I don’t know how much exactly they should nerf the bonuses of the set. How about +3655 health, 10% all elemental damages, +14 all skill points, and 50% xp bonus for the full morph set?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  20. NicBOMB

Minecraft:
    I don't think the xp% bonus should change at all. That's one of the appeals for running it in dungeons. definitely something the IM should look at, even though I know they'll take a few months to even get to a point to act on it, I have faith they'll do something about morph. I just don't understand how they completely ignored everything else OP about morph in favor of just making the SP reqs harder to reach. As I said, it's ineffective. Sub 3.5k IMO. I don't think that morph should be used in high levels at all, but that's simply unrealistic given morph emerald and stardust's high requirements. I think striking a balance between giving enough HP and other bonuses to high level players while also not being the end-all be-all set to utilize would be possible. 10% all, 3.25k hp, +18 all, and 2/4 mr at 8/8 set would be my suggestion. Still not sure how that would affect other builds. I feel like rainbow items are more balanced than morph, but if your build doesn't have some morph or rainbow items, chances are it's 5-10% worse than those with. That's not good IMO, but the IM's will ultimately decide. I've already had a similar discussion with an IM before. They were trying to get another abusive build changed that utilized some rainbow items, but so far that thing hasn't been nerfed. I am real bad at the game tho. I haven't played in a while, so I probably can't put my finger on the game's pulse as well. I can only look at the numbers, albeit I'm half-decent at it. Hope I've fleshed out my argument against morph better for ya.

Crokee and Dr Zed like this.