Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Archer/Hunter Help Build For A New Player

Discussion in 'Class Builds' started by Ellassi, Apr 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellassi

Ellassi Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Heyo. o/

I'm really new to Wynncraft (started playing ~1/2days ago and my current archer is combal level 17). What I'm looking for is a build that would allow me to clear content comfortably, both solo questing/farming and dungeon raiding with group (I'm playing with a friend). For now I've just been going with whatever equipment I find and putting all my points into agility for some additional survivability but I was thinking about splitting some points into dexterity for crits. I tried looking at some builds and checking on wikia what most of the items are but I still feel really lost, I found a thread similar to this one but it's 2 years old so I didn't want to necropost nor did I know if the build was still able to get me to endgame and how expensive it would be.
    TL;DR:
    I need something that:
    -Can get me mid/end game questing;
    -Allows me to clear dungeons (I understand if it's not possible with my other requirements so if that's the case, feel free to skip this);
    -Isn't very expensive (as I said, I'm new and don't know how to make a lot of money yet (I currently have 35 EBs));
    -I'd prefer if it was focused around agility (air) and/or dexterity (thunder) but it's also optional.

I know it's a lot to ask for but if someone could at least point me into right direction so I have something to aspire to I would be extremely thankful. Thanks for reading. <3

2. NicBOMB

NicBOMB Maker of Builds | Lurks on Forums | 1 Mythic Found CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You are level 17. Do you want a level ~20 build? Specify level and I'll make one for you. I can also make suggestions for builds throughout your play through. I'm also thinking dex/int/agi as Archers typically use spells.

Ellassi and Druser like this.
  3. Ellassi

Minecraft:
    Level 20 build would be fine but I also want something that I can aim for in long term maybe 20+ levels ahead so level 40, 60, 80. Also, thank you for that tip at the end, I wasn't really using spells up untill now (I am a noob when it comes to the server ;w;) but my first ability deals quite a lot of damage compared to well, just holding down RMB.

4. Ezooo

Ezooo Travelled Adventurer

A level 17 or 20 build would be hard to get you to lvl 33+ with only 36eb

5. NicBOMB

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I only say archers use spells a lot because they have the lowest base defense and escape is really cool. I mained archer my first 2 playthroughs. Spells are much better than melee for archers. Arrow storm is great and gets better.
    This works for right now: https://wynndata.tk/s/UdvIJy
    You can also use full adventurer's armor as the set bonuses are useful. The accessories are for extra xp%. Don't worry if you can't get the rarity rings. The necklace is a boss altar drop which is good because it will get you lots of xp and a part of your build. Gonna start making builds from lvl 30-100 now ;)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  6. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    basically what I recommend is just getting items with the highest mana regen possible cause as an archer when level 21 happens...............yeah
    basicly focus on mr/xp% and total hp and your mostly good

in general early game armor merchants can be somewhat useful along with that you can, if you have the mats, go to wc1 detlas and see if anyone can craft you weapons around your level.

Ellassi likes this.
  7. NicBOMB

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Level 20 https://wynndata.tk/s/UdvIJy
    https://wynndata.tk/s/VqauX9 Black armor is from Emerald Knives Bandits and Shadow Spears Bandits in the desert. Good choice to get you to find armor and get xp. If you get an Erratio it will last you almost 15 levels. If you don't get an Erratio you can keep Tsunami or switch to one of the following: Obolus, Detlas' Skin, or Relic Chestplate. Silverfish patches your air defense from black gear and gives more damage. Charm of the tick is a chest only item, but is very common. Sylar is good with erratio because it uses your skill points and increases your damage significantly.
    https://wynndata.tk/s/BNyCvf Don't use relic chestplate past level 40 if you were before. If you don't have Erratio, switch to Bob's Battle Chestplate. If you find Winter's Essence, try and get a 3/4 mana regen and/or 30%+ spell damage roll. Otherwise keep the meditation robe. If you find Seven-League Boots you can try using them, but you may run out of Skill Points before you can equip them.
    https://wynndata.tk/s/rhRJjG Bows: Calamaro's (quest) -> Evanescent (52) or Snowstorm (55) (prefer prior). Whirlwind if you can't get the other 2. Plenty of walk speed and agility to avoid damage. Probably 40-50% xp bonus. Melee to activate mana steal btw. You won't be keeping the twist band. Lodestones will probably be semi-permanent so make sure you get them. Shade and criistal are dungeon items. That means xp. Great to do dungeons with your friends if you can get the key guardians.
    https://wynndata.tk/s/IMYD0C
    Bow: Evanescent (52) or Snowstorm (55) (prefer prior) -> Clairvoyance (62) -> Maelstrom (70) (must find)
    Helmet: Illuminite -> Mask of Enlightenment -> Spectre OR Meikyo Shisui (good upgrade if you find either)
    Chestplate: Shade -> Marius' Prison -> Millenium (must find)
    Leggings: Winter's Essence -> Greaves of Honor -> Crystal or Vortex
    Boots: Sano's Wisdom -> Abysso Galoshes (quest) or Sodeta Boots (quest)
    Rings: Lodestonex2 -> Ring of Generosity (quest) AND Myrrh (merchant)
    Brace: Compass -> Tear of Pirate Cove (quest and reroll till you get -1 mana steal)
    Necklace: Criistal -> Quartz Choker (chest item)
    https://wynndata.tk/s/sDVl9e
    Bow: Maelstrom -> Maelstrom or Bob's Mythic Bow
    Helmet: Spectre or Meikyo Shisui -> Restored Ancient Helmet
    Chestplate: Millenium -> Papyrus
    Leggings: Crystal or Vortex -> Crystal or Vortex
    Boots: Abysso Galoshes or Sodeta Boots -> Sodeta Boots or *cough* *buff capricorn* *cough* Memento
    Rings: Ring of Generosity AND Myrrh -> Detective's Ring AND Myrrh
    Brace: Tear of Pirate Cove -> Siwel's Guilt
    Necklace: Quartz Choker -> Royal Stormy or Snowflake
    https://wynndata.tk/s/03ekfS
    Bow: Maelstrom or Bob's Mythic Bow -> Torrential Tide
    Helmet: Restored Ancient Helmet -> Ossuary or Albedo (try using Ossuary for Hive. swap to Albedo if you're taking a lot of damage/dying)
    Chestplate: Papyrus -> Thermosphere (use until after Air Hive) -> Gale's Freedom
    Leggings: Crystal or Vortex -> The Ephemeral or Dark Shroud (prefer Ephemeral)
    Boots: Sodeta Boots -> Memento
    Rings: Detective's Ring AND Myrrh -> Detective's Ring AND Myrrh
    Brace: Siwel's Guilt -> Prognosticum
    Necklace: Royal Stormy or Snowflake -> Royal Stormy or Snowflake or Charm of the Storms
    https://wynndata.tk/s/QDtIk1
    Bow: Torrential Tide -> Gale's Force
    Helmet: Ossuary or Albedo -> Aquamarine
    Chestplate: Gale's Freedom -> Gale's Freedom
    Leggings: The Ephemeral -> The Ephemeral
    Boots: Thunderous Step -> Memento
    Rings: Detective's Ring AND Myrrh -> Finesse AND Moon Pool Circlet
    Brace: Prognosticum -> Synapse
    Necklace: Royal Stormy or Snowflake or Charm of the Storms -> Ominous Wind
    This build uses thunder powder bonus 'kill streak' to increase thunder damage. Make sure to powder the armor with thunder powders if you want the full intended affect. You don't have to use the powder special. Send extra skill points to intelligence and stop at 114. Then dump the rest in either DEX or AGI.
    https://wynndata.tk/s/ew0RSD
    Bow: Gale's Force -> Gale's Force
    Helmet: Aquamarine -> Unravel
    Boots: Memento -> Memento
    Rings: Finesse AND Moon Pool Circlet -> Finesse AND Moon Pool Circlet
    Brace: Synapse -> Gold Static Bracelet
    Necklace: Ominous Wind -> Gigabyte

OR

Buff Capricorn https://wynndata.tk/s/kgiy6E <- worse defenses and worse damage and hoping to get a good roll capricorn for 1 more mana regen, 1 more mana steal, and ~20% ws. Intelligence difference is marginal since spell swapping at 105 vs 114 is only 1 mana difference on shields.
    Bow: Gale's Force -> Gale's Force
    Helmet: Aquamarine -> Unravel
    Boots: Memento -> Capricorn
    Rings: Finesse AND Moon Pool Circlet -> Finesse AND Moon Pool Circlet
    Brace: Synapse -> Gold Static Bracelet
    Necklace: Ominous Wind -> Diamond Hydro Necklace

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    lryanle, Ellassi and Druser like this.
  8. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Santa Boots has been unobtainable for a while now, but other than that this is really cool (and also features the coolest item aka The Ephemeral). It does involve quite a lot of changing up items though.

MrH and Ellassi like this.
  9. NicBOMB

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh rip Santa gear. Glad I have mine then. No Finesse is the coolest. I think changing items a lot is a good way to experience more of the game ;). Also is Hallowynn helmet still obtainable or no? I checked the item after the Santa stuff.

10. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hallowynn helmet is unobtainable (although the IMs still buffed it in one of the raw melee patches lol)

Ellassi and NicBOMB like this.
  11. Ellassi

Minecraft:
    I can't thank you enough for this! It will surely help me and I hope other people will be able to get some help from this. Once again, thank you so much for taking your time and making such a nice and detailed guide. <3

NicBOMB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.