1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Guilds Better Weekly Guild Objectives

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Ava Cart, Jun 25, 2021.

?

Is that a good idea?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Yes but I'd change sth (reply with your changes)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ava Cart

Ava Cart If you don't like Ava you die VIP+

Minecraft:
    OK so today I posted an idea about the weekly objectives. Now I've decided to talk about it more specifically. So. As you probably know, there are smaller guilds and bigger guilds. The weekly objectives added in 1.20.3 are a nice touch, but they feel too easy and their progress isn't shared between guild member. I don't think it's a good idea, because it feels way too similar to the daily objectives but a bit longer, rarer and with better rewards that can help the guild a little bit. I've decided to come up with a better idea that will make them much more fun and rewarding. 1. Guild objectives' progress is shared between guild members (which means guild members contribute to one objective) 2. In order to satisfy both: smaller guilds and bigger guilds I came up with an idea of reward tiers. What are they? There are certain thresholds you achieve by progressing through the objective like killing mobs. A higher tier requires more contribution (e.g. more mob kills or loot chests looted) and yields better rewards. Here's my idea how it would look with the Mob Kills objective (just an example, It'd work similarly with Loot Chests, Gathering etc.):

Tiers: Mob Kills:
    Wood 500
    Stone 1500
    Coal 4000
    Iron 10000
    Gold 25000
    Lapis 50000
    Redstone 100000
    Diamond 250000
    Emerald 500000

(Didn't really spent that much time on thinking about the amount of mobs required, it's just an example)
    When you reach a certain tier, the rewards from the objective increases. The rewards will be delivered at the end of the week or upon reaching the Emerald Tier. The reward is also based on the contribution, so the more you do to help your guild with the objective, the more emeralds and tomes you get (and more loot overall).

I feel like this weekly objectives system is way better and more fun to do (the ones we have rn are easily doable in like an hour or less and you have to wait a week to another one that's prob take less than an hour too).

Thank for coming to my Ted Talk.

I'd be more than happy if someone from the CT would read it and consider these changes, Thank You!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  2. alexphilgab

alexphilgab The Godsent CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Its a personnal obj and not a shared one, so increasing it wont affect the guild

3. Ava Cart

Minecraft:
    oh ok, although a shared one would be a really nice where members contribute to the objective

4. Potatomancer

Potatomancer There is no war within Fruman Walls

Minecraft:
    Yeah thats a good idea.

5. Ava Cart

Minecraft:
    Completely rewrote the suggestion, take a look

6. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No, no I don't think I'll let you thank me

dr_carlos likes this.
  7. Ava Cart

Minecraft:
    bumpity bump

8. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    I really like this idea!

I don't know what the current objectives can be, but it'd be great if there was a real mix of objectives in different forms - I'll explain:

There could be individual objectives for the guild as well as group objectives. It'd also be cool if you got 3 different objectives at the same time for the whole week, so that if you happened to get a 'gather X materials' objective and you don't like gathering in your guild, then there's 2 alternatives (but there would be a greater reward if all 3 objectives were completed!)
    There could also be objectives for (e.g.):

Complete X raids
    Complete X dungeons
    Gather X materials
    Kill X mobs
    Loot X chests
    Participate in X wars

Also, perhaps some of these could scale to the size of the guild? (this would discourage non-active players) (for example, 3 players in a guild would receive "Complete 15 raids", whereas one with 8 players would receive "Complete 40 raids")

9. Sir_Doomed

Sir_Doomed Sole supporter of an expanded Realm of Light

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think the idea is that larger guilds would be able to complete more of the objectives, but maybe the rewards could also scale with how much work an individual player did?

That_Chudley likes this.
  10. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    Ahhh, that makes sense xD Thanks :)

11. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine LI Medallion Owner :D VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Interesting idea :D

I think a leaderboard showing each guild member's contributions toward the objectives (with extra rewards to the top players) would be a good addition

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.