Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Beauty of The Lobby

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SarahChaos, Sep 22, 2024.

1. SarahChaos

SarahChaos Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    It's been a minute since I did a post appreciating the beauty of Wynncraft and since the server was down today I took the time to jump around spawn!

spiralclimb.jpg

Yes I did make it to the top
    izinvis.jpg

From there I wandered into a few caves and got this gorgeous picture
    inacave.jpg

While in the caves of the lobby I ended up stumbling upon some wild things the builders left around, probobly assuming a chaos would be to distracted by the parkour to find
    Builders Shack.jpg

And The Modeler's Workshop with moving statues (alas, i am a still photographer screenshot person so no moving parts here)
    wowmuchtext.jpg

ohnohesdead.jpg

Coming out of the cave and sewage adventure I found a bunch of houses (which I am not claiming as my official home on Wynn) and some of them where on fire and others burned down... so this is the slightly concerning question of, is fire tic on in the lobby?
    birdhousetoasty.jpg

oopitsbeenburned.jpg

And finally I wandered off into the mountains and enjoyed the feeling of freedom until I found the barrier blocks
    frosty.jpg

The view from up there was amazing, the lobby really is beautiful
    goodbychat.jpg

2. TotalTelemetry

TotalTelemetry Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Beautiful!

3. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    but it's so outdated ....

4. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    sara kaos moment

5. SarahChaos

SarahChaos Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    see but i'm new here so everything is exactly up to date in my perspective

luckeyLuuk, Melkor, Aya and 6 others like this.
  6. CountBurn

CountBurn Hackysack? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the lobby has that old build style i miss where you can walk around a place once and not just know where everything is. everything is so jumbled you can spend so long exploring it and still find new stuff when you return to it. the new builds and areas on the main server dont do it the same way and i cant pinpoint how. also wish the barrier blocks on the lobby were placed the same way in the actual game- just around the edges of the map. i explored the lobby awhile ago and was actually surprised and delighted because i could explore in any way i chose to and never any barrier blocks. barrier blocks in the middle of a build piss me off so much bro JUST LET ME EXPLORE ffs

7. FoxxoChan

FoxxoChan Wynnian Photographer, Eye Pet Enthusiast CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    its very outdated tbh

Deusphage likes this.
  8. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Haiku:
    hi sarah chaos
    you are good at climbing things
    bye sarah chaos

Limerick:
    there once was SarahChaos in wynn
    they always found ways to get in
    up at the top
    or down a big drop
    SarahChaos would always win

9. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This lobby has been out for a very long while, of course it's going to look dated.

10. CountBurn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i mean- its fantasy mmorpg looking. the builds are good. it serves its lobby purposes. id agree thats its old, but not that its outdated. in order for something to be outdated it needs a counterpart that achieves everything it sets out to achieve and does it better.
    and would it not just look dated to players that have been around since it came out? was the build style at that time objectively inferior to the current build style? what is bad with old?

KingQwerty and TheAckening like this.
  11. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It doesn't match our modern style and was made over six years ago. It is outdated. The rank board doesn't mention Champion, the map art is pre 1.19, and it just doesn't really reflect the aesthetic of Wynncraft

12. CountBurn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    but bro the builds are GOATED
    what u think about my claim about the new builds being boring cuz i walk through them once and i already know everything about the place. whereas i used to be able to spend hours just exploring places like the levtus airbase and it was dope to just get lost and try to find any secrets that have always been there and you just never looked close enough.

idk if you played back before they changed the airbase- but the build style was a lot like the houses on each side of llevigar

Last edited: Sep 22, 2024
  13. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the houses on either side of llevigar are not examples of good builds??? they're horribly outdated and really flat (though i will admit they are fun to explore)

however, i dont think builds have generally gotten less explorable since then? if anything, i'd argue more care is put into the little details now than ever before. like, check out this little pool table in the place that you specifically mentioned: letvus airbase

upload_2024-9-22_22-37-42.png

while i'll agree that most of letvus airbase feels like just a quest area now, there's definitely still a lot of little details around. there was no need to put this much effort into this pool table decoration, but the builder did regardless.

luckeyLuuk, Aya and Deusphage like this.
  14. DrBracewell

DrBracewell Famous Adventurer CT Manager QA Modeler GM CMD CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i did that smh
    dont give credit to some random """builder"""

luckeyLuuk, Aya, WithTheFish and 5 others like this.
  15. CountBurn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    :saltedhigh::saltedhigh:
    yeah im not really concerned with what make a build good or bad here- but that sort of wonder you get when entering a new area. where there really isnt a clear path you are supposed to follow but a bunch of different things all over the place- and its up to you to find your own path through it (and there being nothing in the way of you doing so like barrier blocks). when a build is complex and not so straightforward, it can sustain that sense of wonder and curiosity for so many more play throughs. you will wonder if there is a quicker or a safer route to traverse places, or if there are any secrets around you havent found yet. i always had that sense when i travelled through the airbase- but i walked around it after the rebuild for like 20mins and was just like 'yep ive seen it all'.
    the lobby still has that style in the builds that make them hard to map out in your head. it allows that itch for exploration to be scratched more than just once- because i dont even feel like ive seen everything in the lobby.
    and the pool table is another thing- thats definitely a plus. seeing those cool models or finding signs or unique mobs or npc while exploring is hella rewarding, and i love that they are doing that.
    how would you like to see the new lobby builds change though?? would it be good if they changed it in the same way they did the airbase??

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  16. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    she made the new letvus airbase (at least that specific room), not the old one that according to you looked like llevigar

17. CountBurn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i mean- it had the same style of llevigar, but yeah

18. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh, really?
    Tell me about the butcher's shop in Cinfras. Tell me about the emerald smelting furnace below the city, or the optometrist office. Tell me about the wine cellar in Detlas, or the tower with the cheese and the rat. Tell me about the large painting of Salted in Thesead, or the old Dogun ruins in Kandon, or the journal about the nature of the Tiontaith in Lexdale, or the murals and reliefs on Eldritch Outlook.
    Tell me if you actually know everything about the place, or if you just don't bother to actually look for the countless details we pour into our work.

luckeyLuuk and Elysium_ like this.
  19. CountBurn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    damn guess i dont actually know everything about the place ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deusphage likes this.
  20. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    roasted