Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Art bak'al ""redesign""

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by highrescucumber, Nov 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highrescucumber

highrescucumber <- iron deficiency CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    i put it in quotation marks due to it mostly being just an update. making him less Boring

[​IMG]

thank you heart6008 for the suggestion i spent around 2 weeks staring at him and suffering before realizing this probably didnt need to have that much work put into it and exploding and shattering into GLASS

[​IMG]
    this was just morphing the skin to a human form and trying to come up with ideas. no i havent reread any of these notes in like a week so i dont really know what they all say. ik i was trying to think semi-logically for design elements but sometimes logic isnt best. like i tried to rot his skin at some points and it just looked bad so lol
    [​IMG]
    sorry this is traditional and a bad image but i was at work and wanted to do it. just first ideas and i kinda realized that he didnt really need a whole Overhaul his design was just kinda fucking boring and bland. he has been depicted with fire powers at least once so i rolled with the dragon fire thing because a) garoth and b) cool
    [​IMG]
    general base idea + colors i would be using. i changed the armor colors slightly in the red to make it a bit less Red overall. i just noticed i wanted to mess with the colors more but i just didnt but i mean. its a little bit too warm colored but i think he still looks fine. im glad i made him a bit more orange too. also decided the cape would kinda be a stand in for wings to work with the whole dragon thing lol
    [​IMG]
    silhouettes. i learned through this his design felt a little bit unbalanced and it made me mad so i ran away with my ass out from this for a bit then came back to it. also designed the shoulder pad designs made things too cluttered so i ditched it sadly pensive
    [​IMG]
    essentially just seeing if the spikes + shoulders worked and called it a day. i was tired of looking at him so we're done go home

i will take more suggestions but this took awhile. i may need more flat color/ shaded art to prove i can draw but. mein gott this cave is full of bluntsmoken

2. DaCorruption

DaCorruption Serves Dern.

Minecraft:
    looks really cool albeit dragon esque
    also i was pinged on discord and sent this thread so apparently im the resident bakal guy in the forums now even though my favourite character is theorick

Castti and highrescucumber like this.
  3. heart6008

heart6008 :O CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Edit:

OKAY SO
    I love his design so much!!! Seeing him get fanart this high quality lifts my heart!!! It's just amazing! The spikes, the eyes, the everything!
    First off I just love all of the little notes that you put in all of the progress pieces (but for real how does a feared commander of corruption have a skinned knee and not bother to patch up his armor)

Part 1: Also your first design looked really similar to my initial design of him! When I drew him I never put much effort into making him different from his canon design (which maybe i should change...)

Part 2: The eye motifs you scattered into his design were just *chef's kiss* I can't believe I never thought of that. Also face spike!

Part 3: Expressive cape! I just love his expression in that little sketch :D
    And he is very much an old wrinkly bastard. Like dang, 1000 years (or something) and counting?
    (also eye crotch lmao)
    Also I love all of the gold you're putting on him, it just matches with the red and black so well!!
    (and yea give that man jewelry! he definitely cares more about his looks than he cares to admit)

Part 4: Woah! Silhouettes! I've heard of this technique but I've never actually seen it be used before :O

Part 5: I LOVE HIM!!! Man i can't thank you enough for actually taking request this is LEAGUES beyond what i imagined for him. :)
    (also eye earring! love it!)

prev post:
    HOLYYYYUUUUUYYYYY I LOVE IT I LOVE
    I will edit this reply with more in depth of what I love as soon as I can get off mobile!!!
    just know that you currently own my heart and soul <3

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    highrescucumber likes this.
  4. heart6008

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    also i can't believe i didn't post it, but this was my old drawing of bak'al (very basic lol):
    [​IMG]

highrescucumber likes this.
  5. highrescucumber

Minecraft:
    you are far too kind my god im so glad you enjoy it... makes the suffering worth it hehe
    my brains melting out of my ears but ehehehe hehehee thank you for the comments heem

heart6008 likes this.
  6. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ok i seriously want him to look like this in game now
    i think it's a much more interesting design for him and suits him better

edit: i tried
    itried.PNG
    (i am scared by how well the migrator cape fits with the bak'al skin)
    i pretty much took the regular bak'al skin and tried my best to apply these changes to it. the problem is that there's so much intricate detail on his armor that i cannot possibly fit it all. for example, i really wanted to have the eye pattern on his chestplate, but simply could not because of minecraft's limitations. of course, i cannot replicate the tail (i scrapped all my fox tail particle effects) and i cannot replicate the cool bit on his face fully (i think that would realistically be a cosmetic anyway). this is basically what happens when you take bak'al's current design and merge it with this one, and it isn't too good. i still think it looks better than the current bak'al skin though
    here's the skin file if anyone wants to use it or tweak it:
    bakalbutbetter.png

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  7. highrescucumber

Minecraft:
    woah woah woah this looks great idk what youre on about got dam!!! im so glad you liked my silly little design enough to do this aieee
    thank you thank you you translated it really well into a skin

Castti and Samsam101 like this.
  8. heart6008

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    YOOOOO no way!
    bro i love how well you put the design into the skin it's amazing!
    I'm definitely gonna wear this in game and show it off :) (as long as you're okay with it)
    edit: o wait your original post said you were ok with it whoops :)

9. EvanOrizam

EvanOrizam Just your average Fruman supersoldier. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.