Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Are Professions Worth It?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Wormer, Apr 15, 2019.

Tags:
?

Are professions worth it?

1. Yes, i use equipment that i craft myself

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  2. No, you get better loot from open world

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  3. They are meh..

22 vote(s)
    46.8%
  4. They totally need a buff

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wormer

Wormer Newbie Adventurer

Hey guys, im new to wynncraft and i think the idea of having professions is really cool.

As i play mage/wizard and i have to craft myself wands so i decided to do some woodworking.

But not only that, i decided to craft some armor too, and i was wondering if its even worth spending my time on.

I asked in discord and people said that professions are waste of time and i will get better items from looting chests, whats your opinions and experience, let me know :)

2. 3:

3: farlands pumpkin farlands pumpkin HERO

Minecraft:
    In a nutshell, crafted items have the potential to reach strengths higher than normal items and offer you full customizability at the cost of more effort. Meanwhile, finding items is faster and easier, but purely based on randomness, and aren't usually that strong / fit into your build unless you get lucky.

3. Awesomah

Awesomah Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    A simple note from me, someone who has achieved lvl100 on 3/4 gathering professions (the other one is lvl97) and lvl100 on 5/8 crafting professions (anything but consumables).

Grinding gathering professions takes insanely long to achieve a level where you can start making actualy money (mostly lvl90+). You will need to have a mindset that allows you to do the same thing for over 30 hours (with double bombs that is. Without bombs it can take upto 100 hours) to reach lvl100 on 1 gathering profession.

Grinding crafting professions is the easiest of all. You need to go to the ingredient grinding spots (there are usually 4-5 spots that you will need to grind for each profession to reach lvl100) and spend a couple hours (this depends on type of ingredients) with your lootbonus build to get all the necessary ingredients. If you are grinding your own materials you should be fine. Otherwise you can purchase them from those whom are willing to sell their materials. Surprisingly, this doesnt cost too much (imo) for such achievement. After these two steps, craft around a thousand useless items during double prof bombs and boom, lvl100!

EDIT: About the usage of crafted items:

As an assassin, I always have a strong weapon in my inventory to be able to kill mobs with ease. While walking around, I use Slider for its walkspeed. In combat, I switch to my crafted air dagger which deals 7.5-9.2k spins.

About jewelry/armor: I see a use for them only during special events/runs/grinding sessions. If you are hanging around, doing quests, doing professions etc. it's best to use regular items since dont need to be repaired constantly. If you are grinding xp, looting ingredients, lootrunning or running LI, of course it can be useful to use your specially crafted armor and repair it every now and then.

About consumables: I see a VERY good use for them during xp grinds, looting sessions(when grinding ingredients), lootruns and special challenges like LI. I'm planning to level all 3 of them to 100 once I feel like it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  4. Wormer

Wormer Newbie Adventurer

So you are saying that crafted items can be better than the best weapons in the game if u craft them right? (im new to the game, askin real questions :P)

5. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Essentially, yes.

6. Thonck

Thonck I Need the Yopyop Sauce VIP

Minecraft:
    In short,

NOPE

Aya and Bart (MC) like this.
  7. Mettymagic

Mettymagic she/her HERO

Minecraft:
    ehh... it's better than rng grinding for mythics.

8. Turbostratus

Turbostratus Newbie Adventurer Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    If multiple votes were allowed I'd vote yes for all 4 options. It's certainly tedious but if you strongly desire the extra power that crafted items enable, then I'd say it's worth it.

Woodworking is nice, however there's a planned future update where powders will get -durability and +requirements so you might wanna be cautious if you plan on using lots of powders as ingredients. Armouring is also really nice endgame since the base health when using lvl100 tier 3 materials is really high compared to most endgame armour.

9. Mmm

Mmm Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    typically if you're willing to grind for it, It's typically better, if you're not up for that the non-crafted weapons are the way to go.

Turbostratus likes this.
  10. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    If you're willing to pull a shiny hunt every 10 levels, sure
    If not, don't

11. Mettymagic

Mettymagic she/her HERO

Minecraft:
    pfft, at least shiny hunting has ways to increase the speed/probability outside of paying $5.69CAD

12. RazorGuild

RazorGuild FEATURED WYNNCEAFTIAN (WIP) (IM MAKING IT BIG) HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    also professions make you a lot of money. Either by selling materials, ingredients, or crafted stuff. Good sources of income right now.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    rainbow_elite_7 likes this.
  13. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    yeah, because farming 3 star materials is absurdly tedious

14. Awesomah

Minecraft:
    Materials&ingredients make really good money without a doubt, however you are completely wrong with selling crafted stuff. Even if you open a shop offering to craft the best item possible for the circumstances stated by the buyer, you will barely make any sales and barely any profit since people tend not to pay much no matter how strong your item is.

15. RazorGuild

RazorGuild FEATURED WYNNCEAFTIAN (WIP) (IM MAKING IT BIG) HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean like comissions. If people know you can craft like for example a crafted spring they'll pay for it. Outright selling is gonna go nowhere, but commissions earn you a lot of money if you are well known and capable to make crafted items.

16. Awesomah

Minecraft:
    That either, does not make good money. If you charge them something like 1+LE you will simply not get any sales. If you charge them something between 8-32 EB (for "coaching" on the best item and crafting the best option) you will still not make many sales. I wonder if there is anyone who makes couple LE everyday this way.

17. NicBOMB

NicBOMB Maker of Builds | Lurks on Forums | 1 Mythic Found CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Me: *Gets to level 30 in harvesting professions* "Man this is getting slow."
    *Reads post*
    Me: Fine, 100 hours for all professions sounds alright. *Keeps reading*
    Me: Fuuuuuuuuu *ded*

18. Mettymagic

Mettymagic she/her HERO

Minecraft:
    That's 100 hours for 1. Which is a super over-exaggeration but ehh

19. NicBOMB

NicBOMB Maker of Builds | Lurks on Forums | 1 Mythic Found CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't have bombs or 400+ hours to spend? I also don't like clicking nodes or staring at the GUI for hundreds of hours? I like questing and combat, but neither of those have the additions/improvements that I really wanted. Not forcing myself to do something annoying is the best option here.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  20. Awesomah

Minecraft:
    How can you be so sure about something you have not even done? And did you even read my comment properly? I said "100 hours per 1 gathering professions (gathering, not crafting. I repeat, gathering. Farming or mining or woodcutting or fishing. GATHERING) WITHOUT bombs. With both bombs 20-30 hours that is. Stop talking so sure about things you dont have a clue about.

I said gathering professions, not all 12 professions. g a t h e r i n g professions (craftings are easy)

NicBOMB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.