Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Art Anya of Penumbra fame

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by SunnyNoki, Jan 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SunnyNoki

SunnyNoki Confused Mage CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i think im the first person on earth to draw her. so i improvised my design based on what little we know of the olm. like how they're bald, and really like the color purple.

[​IMG]

anyway i like playing with the idea that bob and lari are still alive in dern chilling together, or at least being as chill as you can be in a hostile realm of darkness. i have now added anya to this allstar crew. i dont care if we literally see her corpse something something olmic time magic <3 anyway i like wynncraft lore can you tell? ask me about my wynncraft theories :) like why the player is in wynn (besides meta haha funny fourth wall breaking stuff) or how bob has a chance to be alive bc chekov's gun. anya is mainly for fun and has no basis in lore but hey xD i have fun in my little corner with my wynncraft conspiracy board

2. soapstxr

soapstxr Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    as a lari simp who got emotionally destroyed by RoL 5 do you have any theories on what happened to her?

3. SunnyNoki

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I FEEL YOU ON THAT imo shes in dern bc where else would bak'al retreat than his home base, the home of his master, the dernic beast. her dialogue suggests that she didnt portal into the heart of enemy hq, or maybe the tunnel she refers to is the portal itself. either way, i feel like it narratively doesnt make a lot of sense to kill her off screen. a few ideas that i have are that she is captured and you find her either trapped or escaped, or she becomes the dernic beast's puppet. cant really think of any other options if she does get tpd into the enemy hq. if the writing team is feeling particularly evil they'll go with the lattermost where you have to kill her less she becomes another bak'al, but i doubt that as theres a lot of potential with lari and i feel like she needs more screentime post-development. end of RoL 4 she gets all this breakthrough growth and then RoL 5 she goes MIA. i'd like to see more of her realized self! and i think it makes a lot of sense for her to still be alive. or maybe im heavily on copium. who knows!

tl;dr: it makes no narrative sense for lari to be killed. it makes less narrative sense for her to be killed off screen. i firmly believe we'll see her on screen again, but there are a lot of ways it can pane out, from her being lost in dern, to being captured, to being the dernic beast's puppet.

personally, i want her to being camping with bob in dern. i think it would be funny xD

4. Luxio

Luxio Wynncraft Artist VIP+ ✎ Artist

Minecraft:
    very cool! i like it :)

SunnyNoki likes this.
  5. soapstxr

soapstxr Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    bro imagine if we have to go on a rescue mission thatd be epic

maybe she escaped by herself and goes on a reverse pacifist arc lmao

just killing everything she sees to stay alive... it'd be understandable in Dern

starx280 likes this.
  6. Daktota

Daktota Daktota The Rock Enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Grey smurf

Grey smurf

ChromaticDragons likes this.
  7. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bob is very dead. He tried to face it, but came to understand the futility of him alone confronting the infinite. It was noble that he chose to seal it.

Addendum:
    Reversing time can't bring someone dead back, and those who have been unravelled by time are victims, not benefactors. They are stuck to forever relive a cyclic loop.

ChromaticDragons likes this.
  8. SunnyNoki

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you must be fun at parties. all of this is basically a mix of crack theory and fanfiction. besides, who said she'd have to be unraveled by time? the olm clearly found some benefit to time magic, why else would they mess/experiment with it? and before you say it was out of desperation, time valley likely predates the looming threat of Dern. construction ceased when a "cosmic event" was inbound, as seen on signs during the quest deja vu. this cosmic event is likely related to the first attacks by dern, seen in the secret discovery the final moments. therefore, this places time valley before the attacks of dern on the timeline, ruling out desperation.

tldr olm found some benefit of time magic otherwise they wouldnt have built time valley, which likely predates the threat of dern. also this is mostly crack theory and fanfiction anyway.

9. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    thanks

I imagine it was a grasp for control. One thing that you can never achieve in your pursuit as a Fruman soldier is time, which is perfectly reflected in the horrifying peek into the future that is Corrupted Dungeons; days are numbered, and eventually, all things will come. The power to control time is great enough, that the Olm's success may have been what riled Dern awake in the first place, be it because it sampled a piece of Dern's power, or because it saw that power they could wield as a threat to its existence. Ultimately the dangers of the power they had would be the first domino to their downfall.
    The reason I brought up time magic was because, as most theories go, Bob is an Olm, or at the very least, the descendant of one, thus opening the idea that he may have some control over time, or could possibly be entangled in Time Valley's threads - I don't know. Thats the only other thing than Larazus Pit water (which would be a bit of a deus-ex machina, and I don't imagine would work as one would intend) that I thought of for Bob to return to life.

Also, keep in mind what Dern really is. It is raw, unfiltered, lovecraftian hell. Quests and content taking place in it will undoubtedly be focused upon cosmic indifferentism, existential helplessness, harmful knowledge, and madness in the face of it all.
    It won't be too likely that there will be the same triumphant push forward or faces that you can become familiar with, excluding whatever in there will give you quests.
    Sorry if it came across as if I wanted to stamp out your theory or anything. What I'm bringing to the table is mostly just scraps and bits of theories as well - The only thing I can really provide is the certainty of Dern being eldritch and untamable.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  10. starx280

starx280 The boy who cried lunar VIP

Minecraft:
    Nothing shall stop the war criminal’s reign

Potatomancer likes this.
  11. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    she is fucking dead