Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Lore/Story Angels And Demons: Chapter 9

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Amun_Ra, Nov 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amun_Ra

Amun_Ra 『One Who Steals the Principle of Fire』

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hub Thread: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/angels-and-demons-a-legends-story-hub.163016/
    Previous Chapter: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/angels-and-demons-chapter-8.164746/

Chapter 9: Witherhead
    ~Nicolas~

I keep asking myself, This is only my second day in Wynn. Why am I doing this?

Cylene limps, holding onto Emma for support. Her breaking her arm was a shock enough: anything could happen. Someone could end up worse than her.

The corridor now opens up into an even wider chamber, larger than any we have encountered so far. Many skeletons linger in the chamber, and some undead mages producing projectiles at us. They normally miss, but occasionally some of us are hit or we cut it out of the air.

A skeleton lunge at me. I sidestep, bring out my spear and watch as the skeleton loses balance and fall next to me. I bring my spear down at its skull, killing it. Across from the chamber, all of us spread out to fight enemy undead. Cylene walks alone towards a stone tower in the middle, while the other skeletons ignore her as if she is not there.

Follow me. I know where our base is now. Cylene's voice echoes in my mind. The others also seem to notice the message too, and start making their way to the tower. Ken had received a large cut across his chest, but it heals as we reach the tower. The mutants of the Resistance go first, pressing a button and opening a door in the tower. I fall back at the end with Katherine and Marcus.

Katherine is limping. "You okay..?" I ask.

She waves her left hand. "I'm fine." She says, but her voice is strained. Alarmed, I look at her side. There is blood soaking from the right side of her belly, and she is pushing the wound with her right hand. Marcus also notices this, and he swears. Normally, I would have commented on a kid like him swearing, but now wasn't the time. "We have to get to our base." The pyro says. "We have enough equipments to heal it. Can you make it there?"

Katherine nods. "It's fine, it's not that deep. I'll make it."

With me and Marcus supporting both her sides, we make our way after the other three. When we get to them, we explain about Katherine's wound. They say the same thing as Marcus: "If we can get to our base, we can treat it." Ken said.

Cylene motions towards the right side of the chamber, which has an elevated corridor leading to a wall with many tunnel entrances. Unfortunately, the undead mages are there, and they start shooting boney projectiles at us. "Follow us slowly, me and Ken will take care of them." Emma says, then bound after Ken, who started running at the undeads. The projectiles hit the two mutants at close range, but with one with a healing factor and another unable to feel pain, they quickly reach their enemy. Ken leaps up high, turns, and from his body shoot several spikes, which impale against the ground and on the undeads. Emma leaps at the other mages, who escaped the spikes. She finish them with deadly strokes of her swords.

Ken shouts, "Come on!", and the rest of us follows. I can feel Katherine putting more weight on me and Marcus; she is getting tired. We have to get there fast. I think.

We will. Cylene says in my mind. I am startled: I did not realise that I was projecting out my thoughts. I feel uncomfortable that someone can peer into my mind. I try to build defences around my mind, but I don't know if it actually worked.

Cylene gives no indication that anything happened, though I felt her presence leave my mind. At least she uses her powers for good. I think quietly.

Marcus changes with Emma on supporting Katherine, and heads to the front with Cylene. There, he summons a little ball of fire that always travelled few feet in front of him. Cylene guides the rest of us through the dark tunnel. Suddenly, she tenses. Somebody's here. She thinks to all of us.

We control our breathing until we are quiet enough that we can hear any unusual sounds. Sure enough, there are shuffling sounds, and quick, short breathing.

Cylene then shouts, "Jenna!"

The shuffling stops. Then, with a small voice, "Cylene?" A girl pops out of the tunnel. She is even younger than Marcus, maybe around the age of twelve. She brightens up when she sees us. "Ken, Emma, Marcus!"

The girl, who must be Jenna, is small, even for her age. She has dark, black hair, and a pair of golden eyes. She has a heavy-looking sword on her belt, which looks too big for her. She frowns when she sees me and Katherine. "Who are you?" She says, suspiciously, but not in a hostile way, because we are with the other mutants.

"Jenna, this girl is hurt. Can you..." Ken says. Jenna nods and hurry towards Katherine, who me and Emma lower against the corridor wall. Jenna click her fingers, and a warm glow of golden light appear in her hand. She wave her glowing hand over Katherine's wound, who flinches. Jenna then push down her hand down at the cut, and Katherine stifles a scream. I start to say something, when Jenna raise her hand, and Katherine looks confused. She quickly check her wound, which has closed up and only have a pink scar.

"Wow..." Katherine says. She looks at Jenna. "Thank you."

Jenna smiles sweetly. "You're welcome."

Ken glances at me and Katherine, then say to Jenna, "Why are you here, Jenna? Didn't the others evacuate?"

"I stayed here." Jenna says. That much is obvious. I think.

"Without food, for two weeks?" Emma asks.

Jenna clicks her tongue. "You know I can sustain myself with energy if I have sources nearby. And our base is full of 'em."

"We probably get the monster first." I say. "Witherhead, was it?"

Ken nods. "We will refresh our gear, then we will go to Witherhead. We can come back later, if we survive."

---

Now, the seven of us stand in front of a red door. Written across the door in what looks like blood is: Enter only if you wish for Death.

Emma shakes her head. "All for decoration. Besides, I'm already dead."

Ken opens the door with a button, and we walk inside.

The sudden shift of temperature alarm me. Now the temperature is colder, the air thinner. A magnified voice booms: "You must have no value on your lives. Prepare to breath your last!"

We suddenly find ourselves in the middle of a giant arena made from bones. A stench of death floats in the air.

From in front of us, a giant black figure rise to his full height. Witherhead.

The monster is about twice the height or a regular man, and resembles a skeleton. However, his bones are black, and are much thicker than those of the animated corpses'. He wears a black robe, and is armed with a huge bow.

"Scatter!" Ken shouts, and we run across the arena, around Witherhead.

Witherhead laughs, his evil voice booming across the arena. "Tiny creatures." He says, his red eyes twinkling. "How will you defeat me?"

Then the monster jumps into the air, and lands at the same place where he left the ground. A small earthquake erupt as Witherhead lands, which makes us lose balance and gives Witherhead the time to advance to his first target: the smallest, Jenna.

From around the arena, several skeletons start to rise. Jenna shouts, and her sword flare up with golden energy. Witherhead flinches, and in that moment I spread my wings and jump towards the giant monster. But before I could reach them, Marcus sends a jet of fire all over the monster. Witherhead only laughs, however, and kick Marcus square in the stomach, sending him tumbling across the arena. Jenna cries out and bolts after her friend.

Opening my wings, I dive and kick at Witherhead's skull. My boots collide into the monster with a huge force, but Witherhead only stumbles. I land, roll, and get up to a kneeling position. The kick had pained my feet to a degree that I couldn't stand on it.

Witherhead, now looking truly angry, start charging at me. Emma jumps and clings onto Witherhead's robes, bringing her sword down on one of his ribs, breaking it. Witherhead swirls around and grab Emma by the neck. Before anyone could react, he pulls an arrow from his quiver and impale it through Emma's chest. The girl gives a pained cry, then goes limp.

I open my mouth, shocked. She was a zombie... Then I meet Ken's eyes. Then I understand. She was faking it.

Cylene gives a cry of rage and start charging at Witherhead. Not only good fighters, but good actors, I thought. Jenna runs down to me with Marcus and heals my feet. They still pained, but now I can walk and run with them. I thank Jenna and we start charging at Witherhead from behind. Katherine and Ken joins us.

Katherine goes invisible, and after a second, Witherhead loses balance as if something heavy had clung onto his neck. I rise into the air, and was about to attack Witherhead...

When the image of Witherhead shook and froze. An extremely cold air rush over me, then Witherhead's figure flickers then disappear into shadows. What....

Ken gives an alarmed cry. I turn around to see Witherhead fighting with Ken, using his bare hands. Ken bring his blade up Withehead's rib, making the monster roar in pain. Witherhead suddenly turns around and with his bow, fires an Arrow Storm at Jenna, who was sneaking from behind. The arrows all hit Jenna, who stands on the spot, a hole in her chest, some arrows still stuck in her small body.

She gasps, then falls to the ground in a pool of blood. My anger swells as I look away from the slaughter. There was no way, even with a healing factor, she could heal from that.

With an anguished cry, I rise back into the air and collide with Witherhead, pushing him back from Ken. With the mutant, we fight Witherhead. Katherine and Marcus runs towards Jenna, while Cylene stands in the middle of the arena, looking concentrated. Suddenly Witherhead whirl around and grab his head with both hands. He says. "Get out of my head, you weakling!" From the distance, Cylene suddenly goes pale and screams.

"Agh!" I push him back with a Bash, distracting Witherhead from his attack at Cylene. Now he stands directly next to Emma. Emma jumps upward and grab one of Witherhead's leg, bringing him down to the ground. "Now!" She shouts.

Ken shouts, "Everyone, freeze!" There is a huge THUNK, and hundreds of thin, long blades come out from every inch of his body, which was no longer visible through everything. It impales every skeleton in the room, who crumbles to the ground. All the blades that went to the direction of any of us stopped inches away from them. Another thunk, and the blades slowly sink back into Ken. The boy's robes are in tatters, but his armours are not. They must be enchanted.

Ken drops to the ground, obviously drained of energy. Marcus, now running towards Witherhead, bring his flaming sword down Witherhead's skull. There is a huge flash of shadow and cold air, then everything goes quiet.

We had won, but with a price.

Next Chapter: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/angels-and-demons-chapter-10.166258/

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You wrote this... At midnight.

Anyway, YAY, DEATH!

Poiu429 likes this.
  3. StevieWondahh

StevieWondahh Professional at being a blind black guy HERO

Minecraft:
    bootiful art bbro