Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Lore/Story Angels And Demons: Chapter 8

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Amun_Ra, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amun_Ra

Amun_Ra 『One Who Steals the Principle of Fire』

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hub Thread: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/angels-and-demons-a-legends-story-hub.163016/
    Previous Chapter: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/angels-and-demons-chapter-7.164566/

Chapter 8: The Decrepit Sewers
    ~Katherine~

“Here it is.” Nicolas says, and looks up from his map. The coordinates the mutants gave us led us to outside the North Exit of Ragni. To the right of us stand the large hill, on which lay the Katoa Ranch. The sun is bright and hot, especially with our armour.

We now stand in front of a stone wall built into a mountain surrounding Ragni. A black banner is hanged from the top, showing a painting of a skeleton. In middle of the stones structure is an entrance leading to a dark tunnel.

“They’re supposed to meet us here.” I say, looking around. I spot a tall figure sitting in a shade. Cylene.

We make our way to the psychic. Before we could say anything, she looks up and say, “You’re here, good. I’ll communicate the others to come.”

Soon enough, the other three soon arrive at the Sewers entrance. They are dressed differently from when we met them first. They wear light armour and a cloak.

“So, you came.” Ken says when he reaches us. “Good choice.”

“Better help than be locked in a prison.” Nicolas says. Ken nods.

“This sewers used to be a prison for worst criminals of Ragni. They haven’t been used for a long time, so we and our friends built a base inside.” Emma says. “The dungeon will be physically difficult. You’re ready, I hope?”

I nod. “Alright then.” Marcus says.

“The monster, Witherhead, have altered this sewers system when he took residence here, and made it a dungeon. We need the key to enter." Ken says. He reach up his hand, and Nicolas hand him the key.

We walk forward towards the dark tunnel. At the end of the tunnel is a stone door. It has a small hole in the middle. Ken puts the key into the whole and twists.

There is a few clicks, and a loud bang as the door swings inward. An invisible force push you inside the passage. The door closes behind you.

I exhale. "Let's go, then."

We make our way down the tunnel, which opens up in a long sewer corridor. At the side is a parkour path, which we slowly make our way. As we reach the end of the parkour, a voice booms, "You dare enter these sewers, warriors? This mistake will cost your lives!"

We walk into a large room with several raised platforms. The instant we step into the room, tens of skeletons rise and start walking, hopping towards us. Emma smiles. "Battle time!" She says.

Marcus cry, and raise his hands. Between his palms, a small ball of fire flicker to life. The pyro bring his hands towards the skeletons to the right, and a jet of fire engulf the skeletons. Some are killed, while most are only crippled. The rest of us leap towards the skeletons, with our weapons drawn.

Ken lands in middle of about ten skeletons. From both his arms produces two long blades, which he uses to parry the swords of the skeletons. As I watch, a skeleton stab Ken in the back, but the mutant seems not to pay much attention. He produces a blade from his back, which shoot into the skeleton's skull.

Emma is also fighting, regardless of how many injuries she get. She already have a nasty cut on her hip and on her cheek, but she keeps fighting like a whirlwind. Cylene and Marcus also fight with extreme skills.

Nicolas and I rise into the air. We attack the skeletons from above, but Nicolas quickly gets pulled down. He falls with a cry, but leap up instantly and start fighting with his spear. Casting a Charge, he knocks several skeletons out of his way.

I land next to Emma. She seems to be having a bit of trouble, so I eliminate a lot of her enemies with my Spin.

The zombie nods to me with a bloody smile. I smile back. Then I notice something that a skeleton was holding. It looks like a miniature golden skull. I pick it up.

From somewhere in the room, Cylene shouts, "We need thirty-five of those skull tokens!"

Me and Emma start collecting the tokens from the fallen skeletons. A skeleton suddenly flinch and bring its sword up Emma's neck. She gives an annoyed cry and behead the skeleton.

Slowly, we start gathering around Cylene, who is squatting next to a black container in the ground. We hand her the tokens, and she line them up inside the holes in the container. There is a loud crank, and the exit door slides open. "Hurry!" Cylene cries as she bolts toward the exit. We follow her.

The exit lead us to a flooded tunnel. Marcus cries in disgust as rats start chasing us. He quickly burn them to crisp with his fire.

"Good job, you guys." Ken says as we walk down the corridor. "You fought well."

Nicolas nods. "Are you going to tell us what we're retrieving, again?"

Emma says, "Our old base is after the bridge. When we get there, we'll tell you."

Cylene stops in front of us. "Uh-oh." She says.

In front of us is yet another chamber. But this time, the tunnel we are in opens up ten meters up from the ground. A stone bridge is put across the chamber, but most of the blocks have been destroyed, making a hard parkour.

"This is hard." Marcus says. Ken faces me and Nicolas. "You two fly ahead, and try to support us. We'll slowly make our way."

We nod and take off. But as soon as we do that, few arrows shoot out of the two walls, nearly hitting us. Nicolas swears as an arrow graze his armour.

We land back next to the mutants. "Guess we're going with you." I say.

The six of us go in the following order: Ken first, then Nicolas, then Emma, then Marcus, then me, and then, Cylene. The plan was, whenever the person in front or back of the two angels fell, Nicolas or I could catch them.

The first two makes the parkour. Emma is taking her time; she seems really stressed... and scared?

Emma's scared of heights. Cylene telepathically tells me. I smile to myself.

Suddenly, an arrow whistle past us. Cylene cries out and loses balance behind me. I wheel around, and try to grab her hand. Another arrow whiz at me, and graze my arm. I cry in pain.

"No!" Ken shouts behind me. Ignoring my pain, I jump after Cylene.

The psychic tries to break her fall with a roll. But when she roll, she lands on her right arm hard, and I cold hear her bone snapping. I swear and land next to her trembling figure. "You all right?" It was a stupid question, but I needed to know her situation.

"Broken arm, probably. Nothing else, I think." Cylene says, her voice slightly quivering. Nicolas lands next to me. Still biting back my pain, we lift Cylene up: Me holding her shoulders, and Nicolas her legs.

"We flap at the same time, okay?" Nicolas tells me. I nod. We lift Cylene up from the ground, and she cries in pain. On top of the bridge, Marcus hop next to Ken and Emma, then shoot a fireball at the source of arrow. Three skeleton archers were at the parkour entrance, shooting arrow at us. Marcus's fireball hits one of the skeletons and kills it.

We take off from the chamber ground with Cylene, and flap our way towards Ken, Emma and Marcus. The moment we land, we move away from the range of the skeleton archers and squat around Cylene. Ken takes out a healing potion from his pouch.

Having learnt how to treat broken bones from my mother, I volunteer to try placing her bones back in place, so the healing potion could heal the wound right. "Breath slowly." I tell Cylene. "That's it. Now relax...." I move my hand across Cylene's arm softly as I feel her bones' crack. Cylene sucks in a breath, but stays still. I count to three, then push the bone that popped out back in. Cylene screams in pain, a horrible sound. Emma quickly holds down the mutant while Ken pour the potion's content inside her mouth.

Cylene groans, struggles against Emma's grip, then slowly relaxes. She no longer seems to be in pain, although she looks a little pale.

Ken looks at the psychic. "The potion I gave you is very strong. Your arm should be okay, but don't try to use it. Try to convince your enemies that you aren't there when we fight. All right?" He asks.

Cylene nods. She looks at all of us and says, "Thanks."

Marcus takes out a piece of cloth and hands it to Emma, who quickly makes a makeshift cast. Me and Ken support Cylene up, then we start continuing on our way.

I grow nervous as I face the dark tunnel. What awaits us at the end of the dungeon? Would anyone end up like Cylene, or worse?

And then, What have I got myself into?

Next Chapter: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/angels-and-demons-chapter-9.165955/#post-1889222

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    ZiyiCrafting and Plasma~ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.