Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Lore/Story Angels And Demons: Chapter 7

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Amun_Ra, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amun_Ra

Amun_Ra 『One Who Steals the Principle of Fire』

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hub Thread: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/angels-and-demons-a-legends-story-hub.163016/
    Previous Thread: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/angels-and-demons-chapter-6.164531/

Chapter 7: Gift or Curse?
    ~Katherine~

The black haired boy land in front of Nicolas. Before we both could make a move, he place a long blade on Nicolas's chest. The redhead girl silently come behind me and place her daggers on my neck.

I can't move my head. I look at the hooded boy's blade. It seems connected to the boy. Then I realise, the blade is coming out of his skin. On his hand, the skin makes a hole thin enough for the blade to come out. He bring his other palm up to Nicolas's forehead, few inches away. The skin in the middle of the boy's palm shift, then a small blade slowly come out.

"Why are you helping that man?" The boy asks in a quiet, deadly voice.

"Ooni?" Nicolas asks. His voice is quivering.

The boy nods. "Yes, him. What is your tie with him?"

"He asked us to free him from his prison, in the name of the Resistance, so we helped him." He says. The boy looks angry. He bring his palm across Nicolas's cheek, drawing a line of blood.

I cry out suddenly, and elbow the girl in the chest. The girl gives out a cry and fall back. I bring my dagger backwards, and stab the girl in the chest.

I stand there, dumbstruck. The girl should've, must've defended that attack. Instead, she just stood there, letting the dagger come into the chest. She gives a little cough and fall to her knees.

"Hey!" Nicolas shouts, but the boy shift his blade so it was pointed under Nicolas's chin. "Quiet." He orders.

I look at the girl in horror. What have I done?

Suddenly, the girl smile and look up. She pulls the dagger out of her chest, and stand up. "A little harsh, don't ya think?" She says, and kick me at the side. The girl jump over me and pin me to the ground.

The boy asks, "And what did Ooni know about the Resistance?"

"Nothing, apparently." I cough out. The girl tightens her grip around my neck.

"And do you, know anything about the Resistance?" The redhead asks me.

"No!" I cry. I'm starting to black out due to the lack of air.

Suddenly, the pressure lifts. The girl lift me up, and lock my arms behind me. "Cylene, if you will."

The tall, blonde girl walk over to me. Her eyes are purple, and looks like something's swirling inside. The moment she makes eye contact with me, it feels like she looks at me through my entire being. Sudden understanding show in her eye, then she quickly hides it. I gasp, and my knees buckle. The girl, Cylene, looks at the redhead holding me. "She's telling the truth."

The boy says, "Check this one too." He points at Nicolas with his free hand. Cylene walks over to Nicolas and makes eye contact. Nicolas flinches, but does not seem to react other than that. Cylene nods.

Both the boy and girl release us. The brown-haired boy sheath his fiery sword, then brightens up. "We didn't kill them!" He says, like it was the first time that they hadn't killed someone.

The hooded boy shoots a glance at the younger boy. "Shut up, Marcus. We never killed anyone, save those idiots in the Organization."

Marcus grins. The redhead relaxes and examines the hole in her chest. "I need to stitch these together again."

I look at her. "I'm sorry if I'm rude, but how the hell are you not dead?"

The girl frowns. "I'm already dead. I'm Emma, by the way." She extends her hand. Although I was afraid, I shook her hand, fearing that she might attack me if I didn't. Her hand felt unnaturally cold.

Nicolas looks at the boy next to him. "So you're the Resistance, eh? You sure treat people well." He says, wiping blood off his cheek. "You are the mutants Ooni was talking about?"

The boy nods. "Yes. My name is Ken, the leader of the Resistance. But if you don't know anything about the Resistance yet, you shouldn't know any more. The knowledge can cost you your life."

Nicolas looks unconvinced. "Who is Ooni, then?" Ken looks away, and some of his anger comes up in his face again. "A spy, trying to find mutants that will lead him to us. We can't approach him, because..." He hesitates. "he have a bomb in his chest."

My eyes widen. "Seriously, what are you people?"

"Well, we're all mutants, people who have unnatural gifts. Mine is that I can extract blades of any sort from my body, and have a healing factor that makes me almost impossible to kill." Ken says.

"I'm a zombie." Emma says. I flinch and edge away from her. Emma grin and shake her head. "Not the risen-from-the-dead type, I mean the magically-enhanced-corpse type."

"What's the difference?" I ask.

"Well, zombies like me are corpses that are granted intelligence. I'm not who I originally was, my mind was transferred from my original body into this one. So I can't feel pain, and my body works as long as it's connected to my head." Emma says.

"And how did you become a zombie?" Nicolas asks.

Emma shakes her head. "It's best you don't know."

"I can control fire. That's pretty much it." Marcus says.

"I can sense other people's consciousness, and read them if I make a eye contact with that person once." Cylene says, and smiles. I shiver. "It's fine, I'm trusted with this power because I'm good at keeping secrets."

"We hope." Ken says.

"Why was Nicolas's reaction smaller than mine?" I ask.

Cylene says, "There is a huge gap in his memory, and he haven't spent much time doing anything special." Nicolas blushes. "You, however, are older than you look. Isn't that right, Katherine?"

The others trade confused looks. Now it's my turn to blush. "Elves are immortal creatures. But since my father was a mortal, I am also mortal. However, I have a longer life than others. I age twice as slowly as normal human."

Marcus's eyes widen. "So you're what, thirty-something?"

"I age twice as slowly, so my mind develops twice as slowly, too. I still feel like I am sixteen."

A moment of silence follows. "Why are we chatting here, again?" Emma breaks the silence.

"Oh, right." Ken says. "Sure, you're mutants. But that doesn't mean you're trustworthy. We know about you, you know about us. Now you must do something for us."

"And what is that?" Nicolas asks.

"When Ooni gave you the key to the dungeons, he was hoping you would kill yourselves trying. But he doesn't know the capabilities of a mutant." Ken says. "A terrible monster have taken shelter inside the ancient sewers, where our original base was hidden. All have evacuated, but we need the equipments we left in the base back."

"However." Emma says. "The monster, Witherhead, is too strong for us four. If you help us, we might kill it. You will rid the world from great evil, too."

"That's a huge favour you're asking us." I say.

"Oh, this isn't a favour." Ken says. "If you don't help us, you will be transferred to our prison, guarded by our own."

Next Chapter: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/angels-and-demons-chapter-8.164746/

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    ZiyiCrafting, Plasma~ and Reyko like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.