Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Lore/Story Angels And Demons: Chapter 16

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Amun_Ra, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amun_Ra

Amun_Ra 『One Who Steals the Principle of Fire』

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hub Thread: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/angels-and-demons-a-legends-story-hub-wynncraft-novel.163016/
    Previous Chapter: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/angels-and-demons-chapter-15.173449/

Chapter 16: Sayleros
    ~Katherine~

I wake up refreshed. I sit up on my bed, wiping the sleep from my eyes. I stretch, then spread my wings wide, feeling the cool air seep into my feathers. Where am I? I think.

As I look at the wooden wall, memories from last night come into me. The flight from the Nivla Woods to Detlas, meeting with Lucius, and the contest. The warning of the Resistance. After that, me and Nicolas got rooms in a small inn at the corner of the town. Lucius had gone to the barracks, where his room was.

Getting up, I change into a new set of clothes I bought from the Detlas market. I don my leather armour on top of my clothes, and put my belt on, which holds my dagger. My wings are bare, so I wrap my cloak around me, and tie it so it won't come loose. I pack up my things, and leave my room.

Once I am out in the corridor, I pass Nicolas's room. I knock on the door. "Are you ready?"

A groan coms from inside. Few seconds later, Nicolas says groggily, "It's morning already?

I smile. "Come on, I'll be downstairs."

After buying breakfast from the market, we met up with Lucius. As Nicolas bite into the last of his bread loaf, Luke comes out of the barracks with a villager in purple robes. I stand up to greet them.

"Morning!" I call out. Luke smiles and raise his hand. Nicolas comes up behind me. "You seem to be in a good mood today."

I shrug. Luke and the villager reach us. "Good morning." Luke says. "You too are alright?"

We nod. "Good." The mage says. "We've got a mission."

The villager steps forward. "Hello." He says. "Just as Luke told me, you might be able to help me!"

"I met him this morning. He asked me for help, so I recommended that you two come with me." Luke says.

"As he said, my name is Sayleros. I spent most of my life in Maltic, but decided to come live in Detlas with my family a few weeks ago. However, we got attacked by thieves on our way here, and I had to leave my family behind. Most of them died, unfortunately."

"I'm sorry." Nicolas says. Sayleros nods sadly.

"I know that my brother had his will on him during the attack. Knowing he was a rich fellow, I expect to be receiving a large part of his fortune. His body was buried somewhere in Nemract. I own a large graveyard there. and can grant you access to it if you can bring me back his will."

I look at Nicolas. "Of course." I say. "How do we find where your brother was buried?"

"Great." Sayleros smiles. "One of my other brothers also survived the attack, He isn't... um... somebody I'd trust greatly, but I'm sure he has some useful information for you. His name is Drucksh. He usually likes to talk a lot when he is drunk, see if you can do anything with that. He've been living in Nemract for a long time, studying the Ancient Nemract."

"I'll be waiting for your return here. I hope you succeed!" Sayleros says.

Luke points towards outside the Northern gate of Detlas. "This way leads to Nemract, the port city."

"You're coming with us, right?" I ask. Luke smiles. "Of course."

"I'll be waiting for your return here. Good luck!" Sayleros says. We thank the villager, and he walks away into the town.

"We should get going, if there isn't any reason to stay." Nicolas says. "We can't fly there: so we should move quickly."

The three of us get our weapons out and start heading out of the town.

We walk down the path, and after about two hours, we come in sight of the great rubble of Ancient Nemract. I gaze in wonder at the ancient structure the Humans built ages ago. The place, however, is unnaturally infested with zombies and skeletons, and we had to move quickly through the road. We pass the tall, cold, stone church, and enter the Port town through the bridge.

"This is my first time coming to this town, actually." Luke says as we enter. "I haven't gone adventuring for quite a long time."

The citizens look at us with strange looks as we pass through the town. They seem happy enough, given with their poor lives in the town. The town is full of crates and boats.

"So. Time to find this Drucksh." I say. "If he likes to drink, we should get to the... bar?"

"Sounds like a plan." Nicolas says.

We go to the bar, which is thrice the size of the bar in Detlas. It is full of sailors in worn-out clothes, talking in loud voices and drinking, even though it's only noon. There are both humans and villagers, so there was no way of us telling where Drucksh was.

"Let me do this." Luke says. He walks up to a waiter and ask her something. She thinks for a moment, then points at the left side of the bar, near the counter. A group of villagers are in there, and in the middle stands a man that, if looked closely, resembles Sayleros, except that this one has a beard. Luke smiles and thanks the waiter, dropping a few emeralds onto her tray.

"It will be unnatural for us to go and ask for where his brother is buried." He says to me and Nicolas. "It is also weird, for us to go there and force him a drink. We have to do this naturally."

Nicolas grins. "I used to work in a bar. I know how people invite others to drinks."

We walk up to Drucksh. He looks up and frowns. "Who the hell are you?"

Nicolas smiles. "We're Ragni soldiers. We come from Detlas, sent by your brother, Sayleros."

"Sayleros?" Drucksh asks suspiciously. "Why would he send you soldiers to me?"

"We have a business around Nemract." Nicolas says. It wasn't really a lie. "He said that you would be able to tell us about Ancient Nemract. Would you care for a drink?"

Drucksh brightens. "It can't hurt, then."

Nicolas and Luke sits down with Drucksh while I go to the counter and buy four Nemract Whisky. I never drank, but to make Drucksh talk, Nicolas whispered to me that I had to drink. I shake my head in disgust.

When I sit down and hand them the drinks, Drucksh, Nicolas and Luke was talking about the history of Ancient Nemract. We chat about the ruins of the town, which I admit is quite interesting. I sip onto my Nemract Whisky, and try not to look disgusted. Nicolas and Luke, however, drink their share without any problems.

A few minutes later, when Drucksh's face has become redder, Nicolas starts. "I heard that your brother was buried around here?" He asks. Drucksh frown. "W-why would you... w-w-want to know that?" Doubt cross his face.

"Sayleros wanted to know about where your brother was buried." Nicolas says. Drucksh thinks for a second, then shake his head. "I guess it wouldn't h-h-hurt to tell..." He burps. "..you where it-it- he is... It's in the old c-c-cathedral, at the end of the town. Walk east, it should be right after the b-b-bridge. Though, the p-p-priest might not let you go in that easily..."

We brighten up. Drucksh burps and drink the last of his bottle. I offer my almost untouched bottle to the villager. He accepts it gladly.

We chat for a while after, then Nicolas says, "Well, we should be getting going soon." His cheeks are a bit red.

"S-so soon?" Drucksh says. "Well, I guess you h-have work to do as soldiers. When you come... back here, I'll be here! He-he..."

We leave the villager. "So, the cathedral." Luke says. Nicolas looks at me, "Why didn't you drink the Whisky? It was amazing!"

I shake my head. "I don't drink." I say simply. "Are you even old enough to drink?"

Nicolas grins and shrugs. "I never cared. Plus, I've been drinking, even if it's a little, from when I was 14."

We walk down the Nemract road eastwards. The cathedral comes in view. I remember it from passing in front of it before. We walk into the large, stone building. The inside is cool and damp, and cobwebs grow on the ceiling.

A villager in pink robes stand in front of a staircase leading underground. The entrance is surrounded by fences and iron bars. As we walk towards him, the man looks up. "Are you trying to enter the crypt? That is a very bad idea." He says.

"Why?" I ask. "Are you the priest?"

"Yes, I am the priest. The crypt has now become corrupted, and the dead comes back to life. It is too dangerous."

"So we can't enter it?" Luke asks.

"If you really want to enter..." The Priest thinks for a moment. "I can purify the crypt for you. If you bring me 5 skulls of skeletons, I will let you enter."

We leave the church. "Why would we need skulls to purify the crypt?" I wonder aloud.

Luke says, "I don't know, but I can feel that Priest has magical capabilities. Let's trust his words and collect the skulls. There are skeletons everywhere around here."

As we walk towards the graveyard, the skeletons and the zombies find us. They give unearthly howls and charge at us. Taking out my dagger from my sheath, I slash at the skeleton. It cuts across the monster's chest, and the skeleton staggers back. Then it disintegrates into grey powder.

"What?" I look back at Luke and Nicolas, who have also turned two skeletons into powders.

"Behead them!" Luke shouts. I rush at another skeleton, which has a shield. It blocks my dagger, then punch me in my stomach. I gag and step back. The skeleton moves forward, so I jump high, and using my Spin spell, I behead the skeleton. The skull roll onto the ground as its body turn into powders.

The skeletons are quick, and there are many of them. It took us about half an hour for us to finally defeat the enemy and collect five skulls. By which end, we are all sweaty and cut. Luke bring his staff forward and start chanting. His wand's stone glows pink, and some kind of steam flow out of the stone. It circles us three, and touch where we are cut and bruised. Warmth spread around my body, and when I touch my stomach, it no longer hurts.

"Wow, thanks!" I grin at Luke. Nicolas says, "You can cast a heal spell."

Luke nods. "It's useful, isn't it? We should gather the skulls and head to the crypt. We find the priest sitting om a bench and reading from an old book. The priest look up from his book when we approach. "Good, you've got the skulls." He stands up. "It's been a long time since I have last cast this kind of spell." He murmurs as he accepts the skulls. He walks towards a table and place the skulls in a pentagon. Raising his hand, he shouts, "Hélisya Enwë!" The skulls start to glow, and then bursts into flames. The skulls, as if they are made of paper, starts to burn down to the ground. After a few seconds, only five piles of ash remain. The Priest takes the ash and pour it into the entrance of the Crypt entrance. There is a flash of light as the ash touch the ground, and a howl from underground.

"Here. Now it should be 'safe'. You are entering at your own risk." He says.

"Thank you." I say to the Priest. He nods and opens the fence gate.

The crypt's gaping entrance lay there, welcoming us into a new evil.

Next Chapter: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/angels-and-demons-chapter-17.174231/

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    ZiyiCrafting and Plasma~ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.