Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Lore/Story Angels And Demons: Chapter 10

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Amun_Ra, Nov 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amun_Ra

Amun_Ra 『One Who Steals the Principle of Fire』

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hub Thread: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/angels-and-demons-a-legends-story-hub.163016/
    Previous Chapter: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/angels-and-demons-chapter-9.165955/#post-1889222

Chapter 10: Into the Woods
    ~Nicolas~

We huddle around Jenna's body. Katherine covers her mouth, her eyes red. Cylene puts Jenna's top half onto her laps. I look away, angry with myself. I could've stopped it. I think.

I look back, and find Emma passing Cylene a healing potion. It has a thick colour, which indicates that the potion is quite strong. "What..." Katherine starts to say, but Emma shushes her. Cylene opens the potion and pour the liquid inside Jenna's mouth. I realise, there is no longer a hole in the girl's chest.

No way. I think. Even with a healing factor, how could she heal from that?

"This should accelerate her healing." Ken says. As we look, Jenna's eyes slowly open.

She starts to get up, then winces. "My insides are all stiff." She cloaks, then looks around. "What did I miss?"

Ken smiles. "We killed him." He says.

"Woah." Katherine says. "No offence, but how the hell are you still alive?" I nod.

Jenna looks at her healed chest, then says, "I can literally heal from almost anything: I can even regrow limbs. I heal using this energy called the Life force, and the healing potions have a lot of Life force. They accelerated my healing a lot faster."

"So she can draw life force from us if she tries." Marcus says.

"You guys are all so scary." I say, shaking my head. "You can kill us easily if you try."

Ken looks at Cylene, who nods. "Actually, we probably are going to have a hard time. I don't know the reason behind this, but you two are resistant to many of the magic we and the monsters all around the world create. That makes you dangerous, too."

A silence follows. Emma says, "Why are we talking about this? Let's get back to our base already."

Ken looks at me and Katherine awkwardly. I nod. "I understand, you don't want us to follow."

Ken nods. "I'm sorry, but it's for your own safety. The more you don't know, the better. You can easily end up like us, criminals, being hunted."

"So this is it?" Katherine asks, not in a hostile way.

Marcus then brightens up. "I know! Remember the man who was selling items to whoever slew Witherhead?"

Emma smiles. "That's a good idea. Wait here." She hurries to Witherhead's corpse, and pluck out several bones. She hands us the bones, several of each. "Give this to the merchant." She says, and we thank her.

I look at Ken. "It was nice knowing you, then." I say. Ken nods, and raise his hand. I shake it, along with the other members of the Resistance. Katherine does the same.

"An advise." Cylene says. "Don't go around showing your wings to everyone. In Ragni, you're safe. But who know what is out there? I suggest you follow it."

I thank her.

"I hope we meet again." Katherine says as we start to walk away.

Jenna mumbles, "For your safety, pray we don't."

Now outside the dungeon, we meet the merchant who had set up a hut next to the entrance. We show him the rib bones of Witherhead, and he brightens up. He explains that Ragni King has stationed him here, to reward any brave soldiers who defeated the Black Plague of Ragni.

The merchant pull out from a chest a dagger and a spear. They are decorated with runes and seems great, but they lack the sharpness in their blades, and I can feel no magic in the weapons.

The merchant takes out a ring and a necklace. "Take these and the weapons to an Identifier along the Emerald Trail." He says. "He will bring out the magic in the items."

We thank the merchant and leave towards Ragni.

"Our second day, and we defeated a terrible creature inside an ancient sewers system." Katherine says. "I can't say if we're doing good, or we're doing really bad, if you know what I mean."

I nod. "I know. But I'm sure Witherhead was only a beginning."

We make our way into Ragni. "So, do we head towards the Identifier?" I ask.

"We can go to him, then we can go to the central city, Detlas." Katherine says. "It's time to explore the Province."

We leave Ragni through the East Gate. We travel along a path, with our wings hidden. There are zombies along the way, but compared with the skeletons inside the Decrepit Sewers (That's what Ken had called the dungeon), they were weak.

At the distance, a wall of trees are visible, the Nivla Woods. We come to a wooden house, that has a sign saying Identifier, with a eye-like stone embedded on top.

Going inside, a village in purple robes greet us. "Hello, adventurers. Here to identify your items, I suppose?"

"Yes." I say, and we hand him the four items, along with two stacks of emerald we found in the dungeon. The Identifier closes his eyes and starts chanting in a mysterious tongue. The items glow, then the light fades away.

The Identifier's eyes widen. "You have got yourselves an amazing set of items." He says. "These are Legendaries, one of the rarest items in existence. Use it well."

The Identifier tells us about the weapons. The spear is named the Skull-Breaker, a spear with a sharp, curved blade. The ring is called Knucklebone, a ring with a knucklebone of an unknown creature. Both items hum with energy. Katherine gets a dagger named Grayblade, and a necklace named Witherhead's Talisman.

We thank the Identifier and leave the house.

I swing my new spear, which hums with energy. I place it on my back, satisfied. I put the ring on my left finger, where it may not disturb my fighting.

We sell our old weapons to an Item Buyer in the trail, and continue on our way.

The entrance to the Forest now stands in front of us. The forest itself is dark, because the trees block the sun with their thick leaves. There are only a few gaps through the trees. There are strange noises coming from inside the Forest. I see that the zombies are somewhat avoiding the place.

We see a glow in our map, that shows that a person needs help inside the woods.

"Who wants to live inside this place?" Katherine complains. I shrug, and we walk inside the forest.

Inside the woods, there are strange noises coming from around. There are clicking sounds echoing around the trees. Click click.

I swirl around, and see a huge spider standing behind us. "Were spiders this big?" I wonder aloud.

The spider leap towards us, but I strike it out of the air. "Oh, we are running again." Katherine says. And we run. Katherine opens her map and leads the way to the person who needs help.

We end up in a clearing, where had a small pond in the center. At the end of the pond is a small, wooden house. Outside the house stands a frail-looking villager, who holds an empty bowl in his hands. Except that the bowl isn't empty, just that it has been flipped over and there are soup spilled on the curved side of the bowl. As we watch, the villager drinks the soup, without a single drop of soup to the ground.

"How is he doing that?" I say. The villager notices us. He cries out, surprised, and drops his bowl. The rest of the soup is spilled onto the ground.

The villager howls, like he have lost something extremely valuable. "NOO! My soup! My mushroom!" He screams.

Me and Katherine look at each other and frown.

Next Chapter: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/angels-and-demons-chapter-11.166967/

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  2. AlolanFormed

AlolanFormed Well-Known Adventurer

first

10char

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.