Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Build Added Structures (mining Camp) To My Terrain Plot

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by ExertKarma, Sep 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExertKarma

ExertKarma Waiting for mythics to drop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Previously, this plot I had was only terrain, and looked like this:
    [​IMG]

Although recently, I added structures, trees, and a smaller cave extension:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Curious what everyone thinks about it :D

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  2. Qulaey

Qulaey weeb

Minecraft:
    Solid Start but there are definitively things that could be improved:

Terrain:
    Please look into your terrain, currently the mountains look unrealistic rushed and looks bad in general. I kinda see what you are trying to do with the mountain make it more realistic and with countours, but it is poorly executed. please consider using a smaller brush and adding more but less pronounced and smaller contours, this will greatly improve the aesthetic of the build.

Structures:
    As for your structures, they are still quite overdetailed, as in the details are repetative and serve no real purpose.
    I think the best example shown in this build is the rails, these stone walls, not only do they stick out like an eyesore but are also extremely repetative. Please improve on them if you have time.
    upload_2019-9-3_22-31-0.png

also as a side note please improve on your trees
    right now they look like a upside down green carrot, I know that is what they sometimes look like in real life but it does not look good in minecraft.
    upload_2019-9-3_22-34-14.png

Keep up the good work, you are doing great!

ExertKarma likes this.
  3. ExertKarma

ExertKarma Waiting for mythics to drop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks for the feedback. I like how you actually breakdown the build to give very specific criticism, haven't seen anyone else on the forums who does that.

Clearly I'm still working on getting the overdetail mindset out of my head, but I think i've gotten better xD

Not sure if I will change anything on the build though, I used it for an application and I prefer to keep those builds unchanged. But still, thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.