Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

2.0.3 Lootrunning Opinions

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by closier, Jul 15, 2023.

?

Do you like the rework to lootrunning?

1. Yea

108 vote(s)
    82.4%
  2. Nah

13 vote(s)
    9.9%
  3. I don't really care

10 vote(s)
    7.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrX2007

MrX2007 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I like the idea of the update and the gameplay, but on top of everything being really rng and me being a bit salty because I didn’t get a mythic in the 600+ reward pulls I got while everyone else seems to be getting a lot of them, I don’t like how all the mythics in the chest which previously were atleast 5-7 stx are now less than 2stx because it just sucks if you want to get a different mythic. I want a nirvana but it is currently at around 7stx for a relatively good one. How am I supposed to get the LE for this?

2. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Networth check?

ExertKarma and trickr like this.
  3. Kokomers

Kokomers Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bitches check?

4. TheEpicCajun

TheEpicCajun bee HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Outdoors time check?

5. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    A whole lot more fun than old lootrunning, without the blatant toxicisity of world "claiming" to boot!

I don't think beacon RNG is too big of a deal, since you can run as many times as you want, and you can get a good run by curse stacking done in like 20 minutes (I did like 10 runs fairly quickly yesterday). I have 2 complaints as of right now though.

1. Mythic drops a bit too high. I don't mind Mythics becoming more obtainable to the average Joe. In fact, I think that's great. But the reason Mythic drops feel so high is beacuse not only is the drop chance from the final chest really good, but people don't have to rely on discord anymore to find a reasonable world.

It's easy to dump on rich people for complaining about their many stacks being worth less, without realising that the real barrier to Mythic progress was LR Discord sweats and server-side chests. This problem is insta-solved with the new system and Mythics instantly become far more obtainable to newer players without tinkering with drop rates too much.

Obviously the drop rate issues come from the final reward chest, and I think it's fine for that to have a solid droprate, but even if it was halved, it would still be pretty easy to get a Mythic quickly.

Of course provlem 2 plays into this aswell.

Gripe #2. Gray beacons are broken as fuck. Imagine stacking a bunch of reward pulls on a run and the being able to REROLL them at the end? esentially doubling your Mythic chance right away without even trying? Oh, and it only counts as double if you only get ONE reroll. I've had as many as THREE rerolls on one rewards chest. I have no idea why CT thought that a beacon that gave 1 end reward pull needed to be offset with a curse but a fucking REROLL didn't? Better yet just remove the reroll beacon entirely, Not only Mythics, but LE in general are so much more accesible now, we don't need the added bonus of rerolling rewards we've stacked like, 70 pulls in.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2023
  6. TheEpicCajun

TheEpicCajun bee HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have plenty of experience with the economy irl I can give you some tips and tricks for getting a job if you want. It might have a negative effect on getting more wynncraft emeralds though.

7. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:

8. GlitchPlay

GlitchPlay Well-Known Adventurer

You little, I WAS GONNA DO THIS

Kokomers and ExertKarma like this.
  9. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I do agree that the grey beacon is a bit broken and should definitely come with some sort of handicap. That said it can screw you over to reroll, so I suppose in a sense it already has one but I do think it should get a curse or three, or something of that nature to help balance it out.

tig likes this.
  10. closier

closier not cmosier

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hey guys. please don't turn this thread into just one big argument, i'm looking for feedback on this update

BUMP 10CHAR!!!!!

ShadowMage1 and Da Homeboi like this.
  11. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    I love the activity itself, and the fact that I can get mythics now, but the fact that I felt comfortable enough to see a sunstar in a chest, and reroll it anyways to try to get a better mythic (and ended up getting another sunstar out of that reroll anyways), suggests to me that either the drop rates need like a 20% nerf or a wider pool, or shiny mythics could use more incentive like a slight stat bonus.
    Or maybe I have a gambling addiction, idk.

ExertKarma, tig and closier like this.
  12. ExertKarma

ExertKarma Waiting for mythics to drop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's fair to say the gameplay of the new lootrun system is great. It seems generally agreed upon that people are enjoying them. Part of that can of course be attributed to them being a fresh new feature, but unlike harder endgame challenges that have been added recently (i.e raids), loot runs were redesigned to be replayable (as they once were before) but in a way that adds variety to the activity, not necessarily intense difficulty.

So the update did a great job with its main objective of refreshing loot runs, but if something isn't done about the mythic rates soon, people are gonna lose interest sooner than later, compared to other updates. There's an argument to be made that making mythics more accessible is good, and to a degree it is however it's not a bold take to say we've passed that degree now. With the past few updates we've gotten more and more ways to viably get mythics, and if wynn wants to go in the direction of giving every casual player the chance to get a mythic, sure, but at the same time the end rewards chest is currently handing out mythics willy-nilly like they're some fucking participation award. The balancing act of making them accessible versus a rare achivement has skewed a bit too far to the accessible side, and in doing so, a fair amount of the feeling of accomplishment has been taken out of finding mythics.

Without giving it too much thought, my idea was to implement some sort of drop off of mythic rates as they are pulled from the end chest. As in, each rotation of mythics can reset to an inital drop rate, and decrease each time one is found. (Individual for each player of course). That way players who don't care to get every possible mythic still have a good chance at pulling 1 or 2, while the players that want to grind them won't be able to pump them out of the chest as quick.

SmileyAlec and closier like this.
  13. Ryycee

Ryycee Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    fuck the routined playerbase! lets reward those who barely play!

Crouton_18, ExertKarma and Asthae like this.
  14. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this sums it up pretty well
    but they know that themselves. salted just makes more money this way. what a genius plan !

15. cars3n

cars3n Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I think the difference of wealth between people with mythics and people without mythics was too vast to be healthy.

The lootrunning drop rates, and in effect the price of mythics dropping, makes poorer people richer and rich people poorer.

In the long run, I think this is better for the game. It does hurt the 1% of rich players quite a lot, and honestly I can sympathize with them being upset.

Melkor and Da Homeboi like this.
  16. Mrussell75

Mrussell75 Full-time Wynner CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    how does it make rich people poorer, my le went up in value not down? the gap between me who has lots of liquid as I liquidated all my mythics leading up to the update, and new players is now insurmountable

Gort likes this.
  17. organya

organya Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I'm quite annoyed in the update because of the oversaturation of mythics in the market. The general thoughts about the update are that it allows casual players to have more access to mythics. I personally think that we need to have scarcity in the market to keep late/endgame players separated from the casual players, I dislike how the newer more casual players are having mythics handed to them when the players who have been loyal to the game have worked hard for them and then they immediately lose 50% or more of their value and become immediately more accessible. It's a stupid update and I dislike it

18. Gort

Gort His Royal Pimpness CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    got warp first try yep goes pretty hard thank you

19. Fox

Fox Fox

Guild:
    I have only one issue with the update: conflicting design philosophies

1. Traditional loot running:
    - It was always intended to be a trial and error thing until you could beat the odds. It was intended to be repetitive and grindy because the task was very simple: simply opening chests. If you come from other MMO's or huge RPG's like Final Fantasy, you are already accustomed to grinding a mob over and over until you get its super ultra rare drop.
    - This started to become impossible with the nature of how chests refilled, and the increasing amount of players that would loot run, lead to snipping and chests never fully refilling, So, the solution was client-sided chests and a new refilling system.​

2. Lootcamps:
    - They're really what the update is about. They're directly implemented to the new cave system, and the caves were turned into almost small dungeons for this challenge-rush mode, made out of picking the right beacons and boons.
    - RNG and repetition blend in with the background with chest pulls and rerolls and the new focus becomes the new challenges.
    - They tie the new content book so from very early in the game players get accustomed and have something to do as end-game players.
    The issue is when you mix these two systems. You have a system that is intended to be designed to be repetitive and RNG-based, and then another system were it's designed almost as a mini-game of sorts were you complete certain challenges designed around the new cave system. Doing a traditional loot run in Corkus with an LB/LQ set is rather hard with how complex the new caves are in addition to the locked chests. So, the whole entire map in wynncraft couldn't be filled with lootcamps if we wanted to maintain traditional loot running with simple enough caves that can in essence avoid all mob contact and get you straight to the chest without getting hit once to avoid losing the durability of your armor.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
  20. Hiryu

Hiryu not so lazy artist VIP

Minecraft:
    Holy shit, this is so damn true when you mentioned about the area near Lutho where you're supposed to slay waves of mobs. The already existing enemies join in and it just makes killing things a lot harder especially if you do not have a solid build to burn through them like butter lmao

I don't mind the beacons to be honest especially since you could get lucky and stack aqua beacons on top of each other, but I don't mind seeing it being tweaked slightly if need be.

Mobs getting buffed each challenge you finish is also a bit iffy... I'm not sure if its a build thing (though it probably is in my case), but I see that most runs I would burn through my supply of healing potions and would need to restock through the loot chests found around SE.

Overall though, I think this is a pretty fun update to a trend that endgame players have created. I never thought that I would see the day that looting would become this fun since I started playing in 2014 ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.