Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

2.0.3 Lootrunning Opinions

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by closier, Jul 15, 2023.

?

Do you like the rework to lootrunning?

1. Yea

108 vote(s)
    82.4%
  2. Nah

13 vote(s)
    9.9%
  3. I don't really care

10 vote(s)
    7.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. closier

closier not cmosier

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hello chat

with the release of 2.0.3 came a very massive rework to lootrunning, and I've seen some varying opinions on the rework, so I was curious as to what the majority has to say about this rework to lootrunning. (the solution was to make a poll exploding head)

also, if you dislike or really like anything specific about the rework, please do comment

Fox and MrYoghurt2004 like this.
  2. trickr

trickr yea CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    IMO! off the top of my head:

mythics are wayy too easy to get, great for casual/new players, terrible for the economy and people who already own mythics

beacon part of lootrunning is really rng which is kind of frustrating to play

the mobs get too strong too quick which is also frustrating and if you get bad luck with boons you're kind of fucked

that one challenge in lutho at the tree, with the dernic sirens is so bullshit because enemies that aren't even part of the challenge will join in and it kills frames, is kind of unfun

Also, lootrun camps are currently way better than opening normal chests aka doing lootruns like before, and, while mythic prices dropping means that the LE you get from TNA is more valuable, I'd argue that you would still profit more from lootrun camps due to the LE AND the mythics you get from the end reward chest (this could be attributed to new update hype but that does not take away from my point)

- THIS IS NOT TO SAY THAT I DO NOT LIKE THIS UPDATE! I think this update was necessary and is healthy for the game (specifically endgame!!!!!), it was just poorly handled on launch. (economy )

Last edited: Jul 16, 2023
    AlanGreyson, Bixlo, Kokomers and 2 others like this.
  3. NotNvS

NotNvS Gaming.

Minecraft:
    rip mythic prices but honestly not a big deal, mythics are more common to make up for it.

itay_, GetALifeNerd and Dream like this.
  4. Skidooskei

Skidooskei King of the Lollipops CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Probably helps players get ready for Fruma or something cause I bet they’ll be bunch there that’s locked behind Mythics (kinda like how raids are too hard for non-mythics rn). Also lootpool gives le too so that probably balances it a little. (I’ve got about 32le so far from drops and I haven’t got a Mythic yet)

Kokomers and rockso7 like this.
  5. bereze

bereze Travelled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I like the idea but it was implemented badly and definitely needs some balancing/reworking, the economy right now is very bad (worse than hypixel skyblock dupes) and it could've been prevented had they just made the pool larger or implemented something that gave a larger variety of mythics instead of crashing a few items at a time.
    about the lootrunning itself, runs start lasting multiple hours and it gets super boring just for the xp to be capped at 500, i feel like the xp cap should be increased.
    The mobs also get very hard if you get bad boons and the mobs scale too quickly, either nerf the hp scaling or increase the amount of good boons (please no more +80 life steal)
    the new quest book is kinda ugly imo but i guess eventually we will get used to it it just feels too colourful for wynn
    also servers are very laggy rn but idk if thats just because of a larger amount of players

6. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    0/10 just because shiny gma got removed

otherwise would be a very epic update

7. bereze

Minecraft:
    mythics dont feel rare anymore as there are just so many of them in the economy, they dont feel like mythics anymore and people will feel less rewarded when dropping one

DADAiADAD, ExertKarma and trickr like this.
  8. JavaPlayerX

JavaPlayerX Supreme Supremacy

Minecraft:
    The fact that mythics are so cheap now, on the contrary, boosts other money making methods like tna to a good level. The update helped these methods, not invalidated them.

9. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Well-Known Adventurer Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This update fucked the economy more than any duping bug I've ever seen.

10. Mrussell75

Mrussell75 Full-time Wynner CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I mean maybe that would be the case if the raw le from lootruns wasn't competitive with other money making methods + you get the most powerful items in the game

trickr likes this.
  11. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Every time someone hoarding three bank pages full of LE and mythics complains about "the economy getting fucked," it's always only when their fabulous wealth decreases in value and something becomes more affordable. The common player now has easier access to endgame content like EO, LI, and TNA, without having to partake in a toxically competitive, mindless soul-crushing activity for hundreds of hours? How dare they right

12. trickr

trickr yea CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    great point !!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yes, the new lootrunning system is awesome! i enjoy it a lot. however the drop rates for mythics from the end chest are absolutely unheard of. we see mythics dropping to 20% of their value in 2 hours because they are part of the weekly drop pool. they drop way too frequently and its to a point where people will reroll a decent mythic because its just that worthless

definitely should crank down those mythic drop rates as they are pretty detrimental to the economy (also i found that tol runes drop way too much aswell but thats not really close to as much of an issue as the mythics) a few examples: divzer went from 6-7stx unid to 2stx unid in less than half a day, warp went from 15+stx to 5-6stx in less than half a day.. doesnt take a genius to tell that these are not very healthy price changes

beside that the new strategy to lootrunning and everything is pretty great

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
  14. liual

liual buy my ignis =) VIP+

Minecraft:
    New system is really nice and fun to play (could use a little bit more progression and less dependence on higher ranks for good runs imo), but the rates are way too high... A lot can be attributed to people spamming lrs, but from the rates I've seen it still feels like a bit too much. Especially now that you can much easier pick which mythic you want to run for.

15. rockso7

rockso7 arcanist enjoyer

Minecraft:
    Love it.
    As a non-mythic owner, uh, can ya'll stop complaining about drop rates, thank you, so I can actually land my hands on a stupid purple stick and stop being poor?
    I get back home soon and would like to play the update before they gut such things :D

16. bereze

Minecraft:
    Mythics are supposed to be something rare and not something that everyone just gets within a few weeks of playing lol and also endgame content is easy without mythics anyways

ExertKarma likes this.
  17. ReReverse

ReReverse Social Anxiety (no longer) in a can! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've been trying to get a mythic since gavel came out and I drop one on my 4th run. It's a great update, but I do think the rates need to be lowered.

Crouton_18 and ExertKarma like this.
  18. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think it adds a fun gameplay loop for endgame (imo vastly superior to raids) and I appreciate mythics being made more common, though I do think the emerald rewards should be nerfed. Oops, I mean, if mythics are more common, it simply won't provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for randomly finding one after hundreds of hours of grinding.

Dr Zed and ExertKarma like this.
  19. TheEpicCajun

TheEpicCajun bee HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I love that mythics are now more widely available this is a change that should have happened ages ago. I don't really think them being more common is too much of an issue since god roll mythics will still be quite rare and most players will not have one with the best ID distributions. Plus mythics being in rotation will still preserve their rarity when out of rotation just not at the unhealthy extent it was previously.

Also lootrunning is kinda fun now (never thought I would say that) and is a step in the right direction for expanding wynncraft's endgame. I love the rogue-lite elements along with having some more challenging content that isn't just running TNA over and over again.

20. ExertKarma

ExertKarma Waiting for mythics to drop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.