1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Comments on Profile Post by Blizzardgale

1. Emilia
    Emilia
    Yes and I feel so bad for Gregor everytime I read those lines
    Sep 17, 2018
  2. Blizzardgale
    Blizzardgale
    Woah so I just finished The Metamorphosis after looking at your pfp and it’s depressing :/ What do you think the cleaning woman did with his body? And thanks for such an interesting read.
    Sep 18, 2018
  3. Emilia
    Emilia
    I'm so glad that you enjoyed it! This is an awesome question. I really think that cleaning woman is a symbolism of a special perspective --- an outlier that reacts to Gregor's transformation in a different manner. While everyone else is struggling to recognize Gregor's true identity, she seems to be aloof and almost indifference towards this complex being.
    Sep 18, 2018
    Blizzardgale likes this.
  4. Emilia
    Emilia
    I would say it's logical to assert that she just swept Gregor up like another bigger beetle, cause she seems to be absolutely fine with not dealing with Gregor's "human" part.
    Sep 18, 2018
    Blizzardgale likes this.
  5. Emilia
    Emilia
    I also have an interesting question here:

When did Gregor's "metamorphosis" actually happen? Did it start when he wakes up (when he accepted his own identity)? Or did it begin when the environment around him treats him differently?
    Sep 18, 2018
    Blizzardgale likes this.
  6. Blizzardgale
    Blizzardgale
    I haven't really delved into Kafka's works much, but I've read about his recurring theme of "Kafkaesque," in which an individual cannot escape a seemingly nightmarish situation. I think Gregor ultimately started to transform beginning with his work as a salesman. The book describes it as a dreadful, monotonous task that he becomes accustomed to in order to provide for his family.
    Sep 18, 2018
    Emilia likes this.
  7. Blizzardgale
    Blizzardgale
    Similar to a bug, no one pays attention to another traveling salesman among the masses. What's interesting is that despite his antipathy towards the change at first, it's only towards the lack of comfort. Gregor soon accepts his life and even acts submissively and sympathetically for others.
    Sep 18, 2018
    Emilia likes this.
  8. Blizzardgale
    Blizzardgale
    In essence, I believe there are really two metamorphoses occurring: his initial transformation and the changes occurring through those around him. I found the novel representative of the alienation we can feel, and how the common man can easily become swept up and forgotten while trying to adapt his uncontrollable surroundings.
    Sep 18, 2018
    Emilia likes this.
  9. Blizzardgale
    Blizzardgale
    By the way, have you read Death of a Salesman? It's quite different from Kafka's surreal work but if you're looking for similar ideas on feeling lost and changing through isolation, it's an amazing read.
    Sep 18, 2018
    Emilia and Ariato like this.
  10. Emilia
    Emilia
    I feel like I really should read it now after you recommended it :P

also sorry for late responses. Been busy with school :(
    Sep 28, 2018