Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

The reworked skins are BAD

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Skrynat, Oct 12, 2024 at 9:01 AM.

1. Skrynat

Skrynat Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Some of the reworked skins are completly ass, for expample frosty set got totally ruined, the dynasty hat just got flat and now looks like a chinese farmer's hat.
    Like actually wtf?
    I paid actual money to get certain skins, and now I just regret even spending that money. If i could've asked for a refund I would've.
    All the joy i had from having those skins is now gone, experience is ruined.

Here is for example the new and old frosty relik skins. The old skin looked somehow detailed, unique and cool. The new skin otherwise, in-game looks like a piece of styrofoam painted blue.
    I literally dont even want to see it, and it's BLACK MARKET QUALITY, SERIOUSLY???

I think they should compensate such an unpleasent experience at least somehow.
    I just wanna hear the others opinions.
    [​IMG] upload_2024-10-12_6-59-53.png [​IMG] upload_2024-10-12_7-1-21.png

2. Cala

Cala The Small VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Man remember when bait used to be believable

NoGoodGod, WithTheFish, itay_ and 5 others like this.
  3. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The old models caused a ton of lag and the changes are overall better for the game. But I can agree that some of them feel a little lackluster

Dr Zed, Aya, Deusphage and 3 others like this.
  4. Scromblo

Scromblo WE ARE SO BACK. PLAYER SIDED CHESTS LETS GOO CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The old models were a in joke between my friends because they looked so bad. the new ones are fine lmao

itay_ likes this.
  5. Stonefriend

Stonefriend Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Yea the old models werent great looking imo and really bad for performance mainly when used in enemy models

6. Alpacaturtleboy

Alpacaturtleboy Im a guy who is adiccted to wynncraft :) CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Wdym these look fire!!!!

7. cabbager

cabbager Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    its fine if they were reworked for performance, but they shouldnt just look bad (old models for frost were great)

hmtn, Elytry and 3: like this.
  8. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I don't like the old style of model, but I do think they could have done a better job adapting some - this one has a far more limited colour scheme, for instance.

Dr Zed, Samsam101, Aya and 6 others like this.
  9. PlasmaWarrior

PlasmaWarrior Fishomancer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Is there somewhere I can view all of the updated models?
    I am currently unable to check them out for myself because hurricane Helene took out my wifi (and I also don't have all of the models).

If it hasn't been done yet, someone should take screenshots of all the the updated models and upload them somewhere - perhaps with a side-by-side comparison to their old versions.

10. Andkorn

Andkorn Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    New corrupted models look nice, but the reworked frosty set barely look epic tier and same for the dern skins... the detail on them are so lackluster even if the concept is fine.

Dream likes this.
  11. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think frosty should have more going on, but other than that these are all improvements. Fits the game style better & doesn't cause people's games to lag when they look at too many at the same time

Mardeknius, Retathrah, Dr Zed and 3 others like this.
  12. cabbager

Minecraft:
    imo the dernic skins are a direct downgrade, like i honestly dont care if a green line on a bendy sword "doesnt fit se" it looked sick as hell and wasnt like not dernic. saw a player with dernic dagger after rework and it looks like a cartoon sword its just a a black sword and a purple edge that has like no detail
    all the skins kinda just look really rushed imo they should all be slightly redone bc like there are some fire skins for black market/fabled, these just arent (especially frost set, it looks nothing like a "black market" item, like all the seraphim weapons look way better than it
    this doesnt just not look like a black market set it justs look bad

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2024 at 6:46 PM
  13. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not only is it DERNIC, specifically stuff pertaining to all of the Realm of Darkness - and thus it makes sense to use the primary colors of it - & not solely The Silent Expanse, but the original gear skins WERENT EVEN DESIGNED WITH DARKNESS IN MIND. They were called Dernic BEFORE that was even decided to be the name of the Realm of Darkness!! They're design is just based off the definition of the archaic word, not The Realm of Darkness or its influence!
    These have been in development for over two months, and have gone through multiple iterations. Originally the new Dernic relik had a traditional skull instead of the eye design it has currently, the Corrupted Wand wasn't a spike like the old skin, and the farmer hat had a different, sharper shape to it.

14. cabbager

Minecraft:
    its a skin right??? why should it look worse to fit the lore its a skin. also no offense to whoever made some of the skins they just dont look good. like just look at the image of the frost dagger black market skin or the dernic dagger. they just dont look good and like they are skins the skin should matter more than the lore

they dont look like fabled or black market items compared to the other models like the whole seraphim set, bonfire set (except dagger), and like spirit weapon stuff just look better

Last edited: Oct 13, 2024 at 11:48 PM
  15. CashorCard

CashorCard Apotheosis

An unintended side effect of all this is that panic zealot went from looking eldritch and menacing to cartoony

16. PlasmaWarrior

PlasmaWarrior Fishomancer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hopefully it will get it's own unique model eventually

17. Darkerfly

Darkerfly Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The frost set now does certainly look plain compared to the dramatic lighting and extra detailing it used to have, as a black market skin I do expect more for it.
    I will also miss the green dernic weapon used to have :( I hope they could reuse the concept and release a set of "toxic weapon".

Elysium_ and Aya like this.
  18. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    Yeah, the main problem with the frost set I see here is that the texturing is extremely plain and boring. The contrast between the dark and light bits has been significantly reduced and the coloring of the white parts specially is too simple.

I'm sure some flashy animated texture and a retexturing that brings the contrast back up would be enough to fix it, but that model looks really plain and boring for a black market reward.

Dr Zed likes this.
  19. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Takes time, but it's on my list

Sar and PlasmaWarrior like this.
  20. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ???????????????

(Disclaimer: I have zero opinions about this conversation vis-a-vis gear skin quality.)

But i'm 99.99% sure that the use of the word "Dern" to refer to the Realm of Darkness is ancient. Pre-gearskin ancient. Pre-Gavel ancient. Zero shot that this set of skins was named "Dernic" without it being an intentional nod to the realm.

Mardeknius likes this.