Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

New class concept: The Alchemist (full ability tree!)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by matheo000, Aug 31, 2024.

1. matheo000

matheo000 I play-a da wynncraft VIP+

Minecraft:
    I recently discovered @punscake made a lil' project allowing people to write up full ability trees very easily, and so I though it was time to create a concept that has been brewing (no puns intended) in my mind for a while.

And so I present, The Alchemist!
    "A potion for every situations. Alchemists can create different potions with a myriad of different effects, from dealing high damage in a vast area to helping their friends and themselves. One can only wonder what they will brew next."

This class has a very special system: spell charges. Instead of directly applying its effect, a spell is stored as a spell charge, which will be used by the next thrown potion (the alchemist's main weapons), up to 3 charges can be applied to one. These spell charges can enhance a potion's stats, can have its own effects happening around the potion's impact point or help in the creation of special potions with special effects.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note that I very much suck at balancing, and did this pretty much for the concepts themselves and not much for how balanced they are. Criticism is always appreciated, just remember this when writing yours, thanks!

To view the ability tree, go to https://punscake.github.io/wynnability/ , copy the text within the attached text file, paste it in the box next to the Copy/Download/Load box, and press Load, have a good read!

PS: Yes I'm aware of the alchemy profession, and I don't feel like finding synonyms for every words right now :trolled:

Edit: Just found out I forgot the archetype abilities requirements, but eh it's not that important xd

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2024
  2. StarBright

StarBright The Wizard Unicorn CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Oh I love being an Alchemist in Monumenta, a cursory read is already telling me I'm going to love this. How are base Main attack potions handled, though? Is it via some sort of weapon that you throw with an attack speed cooldown like splash potions?

3. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This concept is really amazing and creative! Definitely makes it stand out from the other classes with its spell charge mechanic.

Elysium_ likes this.
  4. matheo000

Minecraft:
    The main weapon is a normal potion throw with right-click via brewers. Basically like archer but with less range and exploding small arrows

wumbel likes this.
  5. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As long as you know that this probably wont get added...(i am required by solemn oath to say that)

this actually is not too bad, i would play this if it came out!

wumbel likes this.
  6. matheo000

Minecraft:
    Of course I know this won't be added, I just did this for fun xd, thanks

wumbel likes this.
  7. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    great!
    this does sound fun though, splash potions are missing from Wynncraft

8. mrdragonboi

mrdragonboi Master of Deception HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah I think having alchemy would be pretty cool, especially by yeeting potions at your enemy. I would suggest if it was a specific weapon, like how daggers and stuff are weapons, but having a potion seems cool, although idk what to say. Looks cool nonetheless

9. matheo000

Minecraft:
    It is a specific weapon, the Brewers, which throw potions with right-click, thanks :3

mrdragonboi and downloadableduck like this.
  10. mrdragonboi

mrdragonboi Master of Deception HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nice! I always would've thought of like a weapon being a wand or something, but that works

11. matheo000

Minecraft:
    Mages already have wands, so eh xd