Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Wynnless-craft

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by bencrab, Aug 20, 2024.

1. bencrab

bencrab Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Hello all, I am pretty new to forums so this will probably be rough to get through. However, I wanted to document my on-going challenge I am calling "Wynnless-craft", where I am not allowed to step foot in the Wynn province. Somehow I haven't seen anyone else attempt this challenge so I decided to record what I am doing. If people have done this, great, if not, also great.
    Edit: I am continuously editing this post with updates on the challenge.

Levels 1-10: The Great Escape from Ragni
    I grinded up to level 5 in the tutorial area, specifically the portion that is in the Fruma province, or outside the gates of Wynn. I continued grinding throughout the tutorial and raced for the sea. From there, I swam to the nearest island - Bear Island - and killed grooks until I was around level 10.

Levels 10-20: Beating up an Elderly Bear
    The ocean is not made for players below level 15, as I found out the hard way. The only mobs I could kill to get xp were grooks and any other passive mobs. However, the way I found to level up further was by grinding Bear Island. Outside of Wynn, the lowest leveled hostile mob is the Old Bear of Bear Island, which I utilized to reach level 15. A few levels later, I could use the Bear Island souvenir set to increase my melee damage and more efficiently grind Bear Island. I would also go to other islands, fighting hungry seagulls and discovering grottos where I could grind even more mobs to level up.

Levels 20-30: Getting my Sea Legs
    After spending days beating up Bear Island's mascot and terrorizing seagulls from Maltic to Jofash, I finally reached level 20, speeding up my progress as now I could begin farming for levels at Half Moon Island. It was a struggle battling the level 30+ mobs on the island, but with ranged attacks and healing spells I managed to pull through. Though risky, grinding on Half Moon Island yielded far more xp than on Bear Island, and soon enough I was level 25. With that, I could begin to use some of the armour and weapons sold in Selchar, no longer relying on mob kills hoping to get gear within my level range. By Level 26, I was able to start my first quest since King's Recruit - Cluck Cluck. Completing that quest catapulted me to Level 27, where I currently am. After slaying Wave Cultists and Lunar Cultists, I continued on to Level 30.

Levels 30-35: Goodbye to Island life
    After throwing light balls at cultists and seagulls until I was level 30, I decided I was ready to singlehandedly win the war between the Villagers and the Orcs. Making my way to Gavel, I was relieved to be on actual land for the first time since fleeing Wynn. I attacked orcs, wild horses, and goblins until I got to level 35. The Llevigar wild horses were especially lucrative, giving around 300 xp per kill. This specific level is where the fun begins, as I have access to 4 of the 6 Llevigar plains discoveries - and therefore their xp. By completing all of these discoveries, I shot myself up to level 36.

Levels 36-40: XP Bonanza
    Going from Level 36 to 37 required nothing but utilizing Llevigar's secret discoveries, which was a relief considering how much wildlife I slaughtered to get levels in the ocean. I utilized the orc camps scattered around the plains as xp farms, and before I knew it I was at level 39. That means I have access to not one, but TWO quests - Clearing the Camps and Pirate's Trove. By completing these two quests, I was now at level 40, and could complete the Ice Nations mission. I did this, alongside finishing the rest of the Llevigar discoveries, and have landed myself at Level 42.

Levels 40-50: Swamp Adventures
    I spent levels 40-50 doing quests around Gavel's northwestern swamp region, as well as secret discoveries and mob caves. At this point I was still being offered Wynn province quests so I had to grind more often than not to level up. In the end, I completed all discoveries for both the Swamp and the Llevigar plains, and this challenge has accidentally also become a Gavel completionist run. It was also during this stage that I began the Realm of Light questline.

Levels 50-60: Fighting Horrors Beyond my Comprehension
    I had never noticed on my first few characters how similar Kander Forest is to the Silent Expanse, but because of this challenge I noticed every little detail in Gavel. Other than that, I had the same problems as during levels 40-50: still being offered Wynn province quests, having to go for secret discoveries and caves for xp.

Levels 60-70: Killing Fairytale Creatures
    At this point, quests from Wynn province were beginning to dry up and I was getting more Gavel-based quests. In between quests, I made sure to slay as many fairytale creatures as I could, because killing creatures from our childhood is acceptable as long as its for the grind.

Levels 70-80: Into the Canyon
    This point marked the beginning of the end-game for me, as I began out-leveling the highest of Wynn quests. At this point, I can truly say I have completely bypass the Wynn province and can fully rely on Gavel and Corkus for quests and xp. Of course, it was weird that the Corkian Delegate referred to me as a Wynn soldier, despite me spending all of like 5 minutes in the province, but hey who needs to know.

Levels 80-90: Fantasy Terminator Destroyed by Fantasy John Connor
    I had moved from Gavel to Corkus to focus on Corkian quests, including the Fallen Factory questline. In the end, I managed to complete the dungeon, destroy the factory, and killed even more robots to level up. Considering the amount of robots with artillery attachments, I am surprised the island isn't a smoldering crater by now. Back in Gavel, I continued navigating through the canyon, completing quests and finding secret discoveries along the way.

Levels 90-100: Collapsing the Colossus
    I was receiving no more Wynn province quests at this point and could solely focus on Corkus and Gavel. I got to replay one of my favorite questlines - Dwarves and Doguns - during this stage.
    Unrelated tangent, but one of my favorite parts of completing this questline is that the world actually changes due to your actions. Here, you aren't preventing some catastrophe from happening or mitigating the damage of a crisis - here you bring a concise end the hostilities within the Molten Heights and rebuilding takes place afterward.
    Anyway, as of writing this, I just finished Breaking Point and completed the Colossus raid, and have explored much of the Sky Islands as well.

It has been an incredible journey going from the weakest human in the ocean to one of the strongest in Gavel and Corkus. For the fun of it, I am planning to return to Wynn and rush through all of the quests there as my Level 97 mage before going to the Silent Expanse.

Thus answers a question that no one asked: Is it possible to completely bypass the Wynn province in Wynncraft? To that I say, yes it is. However, after reading all of this, you may ask: what is the point of this challenge, it will only hinder the early game, and to that I say: I don't know, I was bored.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2024
  2. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this actually sounds really fun! Keep me updated on how it goes, see how much you can do. IF you unlock flying with spells, you could fly around wynn without "setting foot" in it, and maybe do some wynn quests!

Earthbrine and Elysium_ like this.
  3. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    finally bear island is useful

4. FoxxoChan

FoxxoChan Wynnian Photographer, Eye Pet Enthusiast CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Unbearlievable

dr_carlos, Crouton_18 and Earthbrine like this.
  5. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    what in ur opinion is the most useless feature of wynn?

6. Dracon95

Dracon95 Skilled Adventurer

Rooster island, Its used to get the feather for bob's lost soul and that other quest then nothing else

7. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ??? too

8. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    You could get stacked in the tutorial area by waiting for item bombs to spawn

9. Mardeknius

Mardeknius Architect of the Realm Item Team HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wynnless craft speedrun

dr_carlos and Earthbrine like this.
  10. bencrab

Minecraft:
    Hello everyone! I had no idea this challenge was so interesting to you guys and am glad that people are invested in it. As of writing this portion, I am above level 40 and it appears to me that the hard part of the challenge is over. Here is what happened since yesterday's post, after grinding at Half Moon Island and the Wave Cult island, I managed to reach level 30.

Levels 30-35: Goodbye to Island life
    After throwing light balls at cultists and seagulls, I decided I was ready to singlehandedly win the war between the Villagers and the Orcs. Making my way to Gavel, I was relieved to be on actual land for the first time since fleeing Wynn. I attacked orcs, wild horses, and goblins until I got to level 35. The Llevigar wild horses were especially lucrative, giving around 300 xp per kill. This specific level is where the fun begins, as I have access to 4 of the 6 Llevigar plains discoveries - and therefore their xp. By completing all of these discoveries, I shot myself up to level 36.

Levels 36-40: XP Bonanza
    Going from Level 36 to 37 required nothing but utilizing Llevigar's secret discoveries, which was a relief considering how much wildlife I slaughtered to get levels in the ocean. I utilized the orc camps scattered around the plains as xp farms, and before I knew it I was at level 39. That means I have access to not one, but TWO quests - Clearing the Camps and Pirate's Trove. By completing these two quests, I was now at level 40, and could complete the Ice Nations mission. I did this, alongside finishing the rest of the Llevigar discoveries, and have landed myself at Level 42.

Levels 40+: Back to Normal...ish
    From this point on, I have enough combat levels to do the Gavel quests and have successfully bypassed the Wynn Province. From here on out it should be relatively normal gameplay, though I am still not allowed to do any quests that take place in Wynn - which means no Wynnexcavation questline or anything like that. My days of killing grooks and seagulls for xp are officially over with.

If you all would like, I can continue to document my playthrough of this challenge, and if you have some time and a spare character slot I would highly encourage you to try out Wynnless-craft.

11. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    cool! what about Silent Expanse, do you count it as wynn?

12. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    it doesn't really matter if the SE is part of wynn or not, does it? either way, the quests to get in the SE start in wynn

13. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    flying while clicking on npc
    :saltedhappy:

14. bencrab

Minecraft:
    Functionally, the Silent Expanse is completely separate from Wynn province, but in the lore it was part of the province before getting corrupted by the Dern Beast. Because of this, I consider the Silent Expanse part of the Wynn Province

15. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    alright. what about, when you get high enough level, you change it so you cant go in Gavel maybe, so it won't get boring!

16. bencrab

Minecraft:
    Hello again everyone! I have been very busy in regards to both this challenge and real world responsibilities. As of writing, I am approaching level 100 and have come a LONG way from where I started. From beating up an old bear to slaying god-like creations, my Wynnless-craft experience has certainly been interesting. I will give a recounting of what I have been through since the last update.

Levels 40-50: Swamp Adventures
    I spent levels 40-50 doing quests around Gavel's northwestern swamp region, as well as secret discoveries and mob caves. At this point I was still being offered Wynn province quests so I had to grind more often than not to level up. In the end, I completed all discoveries for both the Swamp and the Llevigar plains, and this challenge has accidentally also become a Gavel completionist run. It was also during this stage that I began the Realm of Light questline.

Levels 50-60: Fighting Horrors Beyond my Comprehension
    I had never noticed on my first few characters how similar Kander Forest is to the Silent Expanse, but because of this challenge I noticed every little detail in Gavel. Other than that, I had the same problems as during levels 40-50: still being offered Wynn province quests, having to go for secret discoveries and caves for xp.

Levels 60-70: Killing Fairytale Creatures
    At this point, quests from Wynn province were beginning to dry up and I was getting more Gavel-based quests. In between quests, I made sure to slay as many fairytale creatures as I could, because killing creatures from our childhood is acceptable as long as its for the grind.

Levels 70-80: Into the Canyon
    This point marked the beginning of the end-game for me, as I began out-leveling the highest of Wynn quests. At this point, I can truly say I have completely bypass the Wynn province and can fully rely on Gavel and Corkus for quests and xp. Of course, it was weird that the Corkian Delegate referred to me as a Wynn soldier, despite me spending all of like 5 minutes in the province, but hey who needs to know.

Levels 80-90: Fantasy Terminator Destroyed by Fantasy John Connor
    I had moved from Gavel to Corkus to focus on Corkian quests, including the Fallen Factory questline. In the end, I managed to complete the dungeon, destroy the factory, and killed even more robots to level up. Considering the amount of robots with artillery attachments, I am surprised the island isn't a smoldering crater by now. Back in Gavel, I continued navigating through the canyon, completing quests and finding secret discoveries along the way.

Levels 90-100: Collapsing the Colossus
    I was receiving no more Wynn province quests at this point and could solely focus on Corkus and Gavel. I got to replay one of my favorite questlines - Dwarves and Doguns - during this stage.
    Unrelated tangent, but one of my favorite parts of completing this questline is that the world actually changes due to your actions. Here, you aren't preventing some catastrophe from happening or mitigating the damage of a crisis - here you bring a concise end the hostilities within the Molten Heights and rebuilding takes place afterward.
    Anyway, as of writing this, I just finished Breaking Point and completed the Colossus raid, and have explored much of the Sky Islands as well.

It has been an incredible journey going from the weakest human in the ocean to one of the strongest in Gavel and Corkus. For the fun of it, I am planning to return to Wynn and rush through all of the quests there as my Level 97 mage before going to the Silent Expanse.

Thus answers a question that no one asked: Is it possible to completely bypass the Wynn province in Wynncraft? To that I say, yes it is.
    That sounds like a very interesting idea, only having Corkus and the Silent Expanse as abilities to level up without Gavel. While I probably won't do this, I would encourage you or anyone in this thread to try this out!

Tzelofachad and PlasmaWarrior like this.
  17. culpitisn'taword

culpitisn'taword Skilled Adventurer

Okay, my thoughts:

Lightbender makes sense for this run, because Lightbender is easy mode.

If you pay attention to the trees, you'll notice their leaves are starting to warp into the eyeballs from the Eyeball Forest. Presumably, without any Light to drain, the Parasites have started to infest the area with Dark.

Overall thought about the challenge run:

Eh.

It's not a good challenge, is the thing. The challenge doesn't really put a spin into the Wynn playthrough, because it boils down to:
    • Levels 1-35: Grind for a very long time in the same few challenges in the Ocean, an enormous area with very little content that, broadly, is very old.
    • Levels 35-75: Play through half of Gavel while grinding for additional XP as supplements.
    • Levels 75-100: Play through Gavel exactly as normal (while grinding for additional XP as supplements due to poor level scaling).
    The challenge basically peters out after level 35 because by that point you've got a province to play in. So there's not much point, really.

18. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    still fun to do tho, no need to rain on the parade

Elysium_ and Melkor like this.
  19. culpitisn'taword

culpitisn'taword Skilled Adventurer

If I were doing the challenge I would stop at 35. It would be a nice way to appreciate the Ocean.

20. bencrab

Minecraft:
    That is more or less the challenge itself, and I said as much that it only affects early game. But figuring out how to best utilize the islands, and finally reach high enough levels to go through the ocean with ease and then into Gavel was what kept me playing. The fact I completely bypassed one of the most important regions of the server really sunk in for me when the gameplay returned to what a normal run would be like. I think what also kept me going was that this was more of a fun challenge than anything serious. This challenge isn't for everyone, and I agree with you that overall its not a very difficult challenge. I just had the question one day if it were possible to complete a run without going to Wynn. If people are interested in recreating my Wynnless-craft challenge but with their own varieties, they have my full approval.

Tzelofachad likes this.